Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question... Why do retail sites still have the TDK for sale but the new Original suit batman is gone? Are they going to have more for sale from DCD?

I believe the origional suit Batman is the only one DCD is NOT importing. only the first release with no more..

that makes perfect sense why it is long gone and the rest are not. thanks for clarifying.

I believe the origional suit Batman is the only one DCD is NOT importing. only the first release with no more..

That is correct. DCD didn't pick it up.

At any rate, here's the CTR Photo Archive. Just added:

Batman (The Original Costume)

header.jpg

That pre-order was sold out so early, I think it was form another source. I asked someone at Hot Toys directly about the Original Costume fig and whether it would be distributed by DCD, and he told me that DCD didn't pick it up.

It's been so long, but I'm pretty sure the official press release about DCD picking up this line stated what ones they'd be getting and original suit was not on the list. Probably that DCD felt it would only sell well the TDK figures and that they wouldn't get much demand for the Begins suit. Also, DCD only had the Joker v1 and Batman TDK Suit on display at Comic Con, they'd have had Original Suit too if they were selling it.

Exactly. We all just assumed. THe funny part of it is, in hindsight, the original costume will be the ^^^^^ of the bunch for North American collectors who were waiting for domestic distribution.

so we know for sure that there will be NO second release? :confused: and sites like BBTS are getting more in by importing straight from HK dealers?

Well, Tumbler is coming and with the original's costume will be an explosive combination. The Batpod combine with new costume and Tumbler with the old one.

I've been testing the articulation of the original costume and I can't seem to bend the hips far enough for a sitting pose, makes me wonder if he could actually sit in the tumbler.

I've been testing the articulation of the original costume and I can't seem to bend the hips far enough for a sitting pose, makes me wonder if he could actually sit in the tumbler.

Well, I guess you're right. Will be possible to sit?

Possibly, but long term, it'll run the risk of a tear, possibly even short term. Given that you wouldn't see him inside anyway without the cockpit open, I imagine HT intended for Batman to be posed outside of the Tumbler more than inside.

Possibly, but long term, it'll run the risk of a tear, possibly even short term. Given that you wouldn't see him inside anyway without the cockpit open, I imagine HT intended for Batman to be posed outside of the Tumbler more than inside.

Which would render my 2nd original suit batman moot...kind of...in that I bought a 2nd one specifically for the purpose of sitting in the Tumbler. Ah well 'at least we'll have spares'.

Well, I joined the bus late for this figure. I just ordered one through BBTS, so hopefully, they will get them in.

Which would render my 2nd original suit batman moot...kind of...in that I bought a 2nd one specifically for the purpose of sitting in the Tumbler. Ah well 'at least we'll have spares'.

I like this pose. :) Once again look at that rubber all rippled up.

2614497167_90c313e6e5_o.jpg

It looks so iffy trying to not mark the suit seeing it like that.

2614497481_761ea23904_o.jpg

I think it looks way cool with the roof closed.

2614497421_a00925841e_o.jpg

The chances of seeing through the windows looks impossible or it's just the light... it's hard to tell.

2615327444_3c86f8ee6c_o.jpg

2615327088_0a91025a2c_o.jpg

Not at all actually, if you've got a 2nd for the Tumbler, take the risk, but I would advise caution to people with only 1 original suit figure.

Back