Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased The Tumbler and the Batpod from BBTS. They were both on sale and suprisingly still available. Hopefully, they both arrive intact and without any damage.

I just purchased The Tumbler and the Batpod from BBTS. They were both on sale and suprisingly still available. Hopefully, they both arrive intact and without any damage.

don't hold your breath. I estimate you have approx 60% chance of getting a tumbler with some kind of blemish and or rear spoiler damage. Sorry dude, I'm not trying to bring you down, but the reports of spoiler and strut/shock absorber damage are so numerous that it best if you brace your self for minor damage rather that hold the notion of utter perfection and get let down later.

Also I think it true what some one else said earlier in this thread. Hot Toys (and what would now appear to be BBTS) are done with the Tumbler and want only to rid them selves of the problomatic beast. On the plus side its we collectors who get to bennifit from super low prices. :naughty

OK, so I got a question for all the customizers out there who have Tumblers. I think we can all agree that the only real draw back to the thing is its dash board (or should I say the lack there of). Heres what I'm thinking. Either sculpt and make hollow dash with leds and control panels that say all kinds of Batmobile type stuff that can be over layed and glued down over the existing dash. Or, be REALLY BRAVE and take model knife to the dash and remove it completely and replace it with above mentioned custom dash.

I'm guessing that if you roll the dice and remove the existing dash you might be able to install the battery pack (I'm thinking 2 AAA batts taped to gether), and the switch could blend in as one of the many switches on the display panel. Other wise if you go the over lay route then the batts would either go near the back of the cabin next to the wires of the standred leds, or maybe near the throttle.

well thats just my thoughts on the matter.

I keep waiting for some industrious individual to do something with the interior,perhaps like that guy with the Millenium falcon cockpit hes done a bang-up job there!

can someone please post a pic of their tumblers windshield so that i can compare it to mine because my tumblers windshield wiper r making me nervous........ one is higher than the other please post pics

can someone please post a pic of their tumblers windshield so that i can compare it to mine because my tumblers windshield wiper r making me nervous........ one is higher than the other please post pics

Go to page 365 of this thread ... under Batman29 there are two pics of the front, hopefully close enough you can see what you are looking for.

05.jpg

Cool Toy Review: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Photo Archive

don't hold your breath. I estimate you have approx 60% chance of getting a tumbler with some kind of blemish and or rear spoiler damage. Sorry dude, I'm not trying to bring you down, but the reports of spoiler and strut/shock absorber damage are so numerous that it best if you brace your self for minor damage rather that hold the notion of utter perfection and get let down later.

Also I think it true what some one else said earlier in this thread. Hot Toys (and what would now appear to be BBTS) are done with the Tumbler and want only to rid them selves of the problomatic beast. On the plus side its we collectors who get to bennifit from super low prices. :naughty

Thank you for starting this thread and all the great input. Initially, I planned to keep my tumber in the box until I get a display for it. After reading all the issues, I had to pull it out and assemble it for a full detailed inspection. Thankfully, I fell in the 40% of those that didn't have any serious issues with the tumbler (besides slight paint flaws). Thanks again for all the great info. Gotta love this board.

If only that were true. BBTS is still listing their Tumbler at $500. I've been trying to find a tumbler for cheaper but to no avail.... :monkey2

If only that were true. BBTS is still listing their Tumbler at $500. I've been trying to find a tumbler for cheaper but to no avail.... :monkey2

You may want to contact fellow member qstoysandcollectibles. He has it up on his site for $419.99. And he usually work special pricing for board members. Good luck with your hunt. It is a very impressive piece.

You may want to contact fellow member qstoysandcollectibles. He has it up on his site for $419.99. And he usually work special pricing for board members. Good luck with your hunt. It is a very impressive piece.

check out his for sale thread in the commerce area. I just got my Batpod from him and he has the tumbler listed at $400. He's great to deal with btw.

I just purchased the Tumbler for $382 and the Batpod for $200 from BBTS last week. They were both on sale, which had ended a few days ago. I'm sure they will go on sale again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back