Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the part that's missing. It's the part that L3 (The furthest back spoiler) is supposed to connect to. I thought maybe it was broken, but after looking everywhere for it, I realized it was just never there to begin with:

L3missingpiecepic1.jpg

L3missingpiecepic2.jpg

L3missingpiecepic3.jpg

Here's the right side for comparison:

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

The packaging was so shoddy for those. No polystyrene/foam or bubble wrap to cushion them. They were loose in the clear bags bouncing about inside the black cardboard compartments as fragile as they are. I had to glue some aerials that came out of the holders as well as one of the curved lugs that had broken away from the spoiler on arrival as well.

If, by chance any of you fellow Freaks happened to purchase your Tumbler in the last 30 days in good condition and would be willing to help me out with getting the parts I need, please PM me. I promise we can work something out!!

These were the damaged pieces: It was L1 and L2 spoilers:

Mate, have you tried contacting Sideshow about this? If the part was missing and the pieces broken when u got it, then they should replace it for you or at least contact Hot Toys on your behalf. Sorry to hear that you've gotten a spoiled one after spending so much money on it.

Hi Jeff,

Sideshow didn't sell the Tumbler. I purchased it from another toy company. This is really frustrating. I got the response from Customer Service regarding purchasing the replacement parts I need and they sent me this:

"Hi Rolando,

We are sorry to tell you that no sell service could be provided as the accessory.

Thanks

Best regards,

GL/HOT TOYS LTD."

i opened up my tumbler the other day, and like others my R1 and R2spoilers were broken. I contacted hot toys and they game me the lame 30 day policy, so I just superglued them on. Looks ^^^^ty, but that sides against a wall lol

Considering how much we had to pay for these, as well as the fact that they KNOW there were issues with the quality as well. We shouldn't have to resort to just super-gluing the broken parts together. Then, there's the whole missing part thing...lol...how could that have gotten by their quality control people?

I think it was long decided that they do not have such a department in the facilities that made the tumbler :( I had to glue some parts myself as the piston popped out just like yours. One of the spoiler brackets broke on me too so I only had myself to blame so it was glued as well. I really do not touch this monster at all out of fear so ones its all glued on it's forgotten. But the missing post is ridiculous! Where did you pick it up from? Any way you can get them back involved?

Hi Jeff,

Sideshow didn't sell the Tumbler. I purchased it from another toy company. This is really frustrating. I got the response from Customer Service regarding purchasing the replacement parts I need and they sent me this:

"Hi Rolando,

We are sorry to tell you that no sell service could be provided as the accessory.

Thanks

Best regards,

GL/HOT TOYS LTD."

Rolando, I spoke with my mate who distributes Hot Toys in my country. Apparently, Hot Toys has had this policy since the beginning. Best thing to do is to open up your Hot Toys product as soon as u receive it and to ensure that everything is in right order. Sorry I couldn't help you any further.

I think it was long decided that they do not have such a department in the facilities that made the tumbler :( I had to glue some parts myself as the piston popped out just like yours. One of the spoiler brackets broke on me too so I only had myself to blame so it was glued as well. I really do not touch this monster at all out of fear so ones its all glued on it's forgotten. But the missing post is ridiculous! Where did you pick it up from? Any way you can get them back involved?

I've e-mailed the toy store owner and haven't received a response. I may give him a call tomorrow.

Rolando, I spoke with my mate who distributes Hot Toys in my country. Apparently, Hot Toys has had this policy since the beginning. Best thing to do is to open up your Hot Toys product as soon as u receive it and to ensure that everything is in right order. Sorry I couldn't help you any further.

Thanks anyway Jeff, I'm kinda stuck grasping at straws at this point. I do blame myself for not taking the Tumbler fully out of the box and inspecting the spoiler pieces
back when I should have. I was more worried about the paint scuff marks to think about the other pieces that turned out missing and damaged.

Again, I'm begging anyone who's bought one of these in the last 30 days and is willing to help me with my situation to please PM me.

I really appreciate it guys.

Hey fellow freaks,

The guys I bought the Tumbler from are being gracious enough to help me out by giving me replacements for the damaged parts. I'm still having trouble identifying the missing pieces. Can anybody who owns a Tumbler please take a pic of the back L side of it?

Here's what mine looks like:

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

and here's the right side for comparison:

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

I can't figure out if it's one piece I'm missing or two.
Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

That is definitely not true as people have received replacements for products way over 30 days old. I think Hot Toys is eager to close the chapter on the Tumbler.

That is definitely not true as people have received replacements for products way over 30 days old. I think Hot Toys is eager to close the chapter on the Tumbler.

I tried changing my ED 209 when the dome melted after 2 months but Hot Toys told me their policy. My mate couldn't help me out either as he had sold out all of them. Friends have tried getting replacement parts for the Alien Loader as well as the older muscle bodies without much luck either if after 30 days of purchase.

I tried changing my ED 209 when the dome melted after 2 months but Hot Toys told me their policy. My mate couldn't help me out either as he had sold out all of them. Friends have tried getting replacement parts for the Alien Loader as well as the older muscle bodies without much luck either if after 30 days of purchase.

People were getting replacement parts to the Aliens warrior months after release.

Hi Ro

I was trying to take pictures of my Tumbler in the same spots and I don't even know how you were able tot take those shots! :p Anyways you are missing the piston chamber (might be the best wording?) and the acrylic rods I have won't do it for you. Hope you manage to get the parts through your seller though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back