Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not produced anymore

Never knew that. So whatever is left thats it. Nice limited edition run then. :D I wonder when the Tumbler will stop.

Can't wait to get mine displayed.

3352187646_506de08712.jpg
3843148994_6b8c4e660f.jpg

Will be ordering my 6ft glass units soon. Decorating all done and got my Joker and Iron Man canvas art up on the wall.

A cave lit black unit project with glass sliding doors for the Tumbler for below the wall mounted HDTV.

Can't wait to see pics of your completed set-up, Vodoun. Geil's acrylic cases are supposed to deliver today, so I'll finally be able to display both my pod and Tumbler..Gotta move some stuff around in my little display area. :)

Never knew that. So whatever is left thats it. Nice limited edition run then. :D I wonder when the Tumbler will stop.

Can't wait to get mine displayed.

3352187646_506de08712.jpg
3843148994_6b8c4e660f.jpg

Will be ordering my 6ft glass units soon. Decorating all done and got my Joker and Iron Man canvas art up on the wall.

A cave lit black unit project with glass sliding doors for the Tumbler for below the wall mounted HDTV.

Nice pictures! I wanna see your final setup too :D UNder the TV is the best cause that way you really are going to see it so much that you are getting the best value out of having it :rotfl

Can't wait to see pics of your completed set-up, Vodoun. Geil's acrylic cases are supposed to deliver today, so I'll finally be able to display both my pod and Tumbler..Gotta move some stuff around in my little display area. :)

Yeah I hope all works out and it arrived in good condition :p it was 30lbs of packaging alone :lol

Yes vodoun, they are not making the batpod or tumbler anymore. Hot Toys has lost a lot of money in these and even with the products being sold out to retailers, they have not been able to recoup on their development of them. Essentially, both of these went above the estimated production costs and Hot Toys was decent enough to not raise the price.

Yes vodoun, they are not making the batpod or tumbler anymore. Hot Toys has lost a lot of money in these and even with the products being sold out to retailers, they have not been able to recoup on their development of them. Essentially, both of these went above the estimated production costs and Hot Toys was decent enough to not raise the price.

Where did you get this info from? Can you site the source? Not trying to be a @ick, just never read that anywhere. Did someone post it earlier in the thread :huh

What Jeff said above is true. I have read it as well before. You can still find these items at various locations but they are not making them anymore.

wow imagine if HT made a business financial decision and not producing the Batpod nor the Batmobile/Tumbler the forum/thread would be up in arms and HT may have seen a boycott on it's hands... so doing it at a loss was the way to go especially seeing that every owner ends up having multiple Batmen to pose with the vehicle makes up for that I am sure.. lol
BTW if not for the HT Batmobile I would have never looked into and found HT nor this forum and would would have fallen into this addiction... the trap.... this black hole.... my true happiness

What Jeff said above is true. I have read it as well before. You can still find these items at various locations but they are not making them anymore.

I know that they had a certain amount intended on the run, so it would make sense that at some point they would no longer be making these. But where was it confirmed that they didn't make any money on em? I've never seen that before or read it on any HT release :huh

Where did you get this info from? Can you site the source? Not trying to be a @ick, just never read that anywhere. Did someone post it earlier in the thread :huh

Hi Lee, my mate is the Hot Toys distributor for my country. The info he got came from a Hot Toys sales rep himself. I think it's suppose to be private information and I doubt Hot Toys would want to release that information the public. The best evidence I can give you is that the first runs for the Batpod and Tumbler had problems with the quality of the plastic used. So they have to rerun production again which resulted in the delays that everyone was ^^^^^ing about.

Made my first payment. I'll have it here in two weeks. :banana

Congrats!
I was at first deciding which one to buy batpod or tumbler (or any HT figures really) when I started this, now I am at a point trying to figure out which one I really do not need to (and should not) buy :rotfl
But in the end I am glad I was "recommended" to pick up the Batpod too as it really is nice to have both showing! For the price you got it for it's well worth it!! :chew

Hi Lee, my mate is the Hot Toys distributor for my country. The info he got came from a Hot Toys sales rep himself. I think it's suppose to be private information and I doubt Hot Toys would want to release that information the public. The best evidence I can give you is that the first runs for the Batpod and Tumbler had problems with the quality of the plastic used. So they have to rerun production again which resulted in the delays that everyone was ^^^^^ing about.

Hi Jeff :wave

That makes sense. If they had to rerun part or all of the run for both these items, I imagine that it would not have made any cash.

Kudos to Hot Toys if that's the case for choosing quality over profits.

Can't say the same thing about other companies around here:rolleyes:

Hey Lee,

Hot Toys were as good as gold when it came to the batpod and tumbler. I think there was only a slight increase in price per unit when they sent them two to the distributors (estimated USD 10/ unit). Most distributors had to hike up the price for them though coz the shipping was killer!

Got my cases from Geil on Thursday. Just got around to putting them together this weekend.

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

Right now, I have them on 2 stools.
Need to find a proper table to put them on. A trip to Ikea is in order. :)

Outstanding job, Geil!! The instructions were easy to follow and putting it together was a breeze.

Anyone who's considering getting them, do it!!

By the way, did anyone else here know that Hot Toys is only willing to replace parts if it's been less than 30 days from date of purchase on your receipt? I'm going ape-crap over some broken and missing pieces from my Tumbler. This was their response when I contacted them about it:

"Hello Rolando,

Thanks for your interest in Hot Toys products!

We are sorry to tell you that no replacement service could be provided as this product has been over 30 days of purchase.

Please keep visiting our official website for getting our most updated news!

Thanks!

Best regards,

GL / Hot Toys"

So much for their great Customer Service...I emailed them back asking if it would be possible for me, at the very least, to purchase the parts I need. Still waiting on a reply.

Last edited:
Real nice cases.

God, what is with customer services. You spend all that money and they can't even replace a small broken or missing part.

I could understand if the user broke it but it's known how poor the delivery of the Tumbler was. The least they could do was honour replacement parts for their shoddy packaging. The way most people's Tumblers arrived does not justify this behaviour.

Congrats!
I was at first deciding which one to buy batpod or tumbler (or any HT figures really) when I started this, now I am at a point trying to figure out which one I really do not need to (and should not) buy :rotfl
But in the end I am glad I was "recommended" to pick up the Batpod too as it really is nice to have both showing! For the price you got it for it's well worth it!! :chew

Thanks guys, and it looks like I'll be getting the Batpod early. I was able to come up with a little extra cash and will be getting my Pod this week, hopefully. :chew

be on the look ouot for pics to come!! :D:banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back