Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find this logical at all. Companies around the world have been shipping plastic products with glossy finishes for decades.

They discovered a problem with shipping the 89 batmobile how many years ago? And haven't yet found a way around that yet? I don't believe that. They have a Delorean shipping soon. I'm sure they've worked something out for shipping that product.

If it's really that difficult why not shrink wrap it in the plastic like they do to protect actual cars?

I don't know... But I'm not holding my breath (and rewards points) anymore for it... Now they are being saved for a TIE that may never come!!

I don't find this logical at all. Companies around the world have been shipping plastic products with glossy finishes for decades.

They discovered a problem with shipping the 89 batmobile how many years ago? And haven't yet found a way around that yet? I don't believe that. They have a Delorean shipping soon. I'm sure they've worked something out for shipping that product.

If it's really that difficult why not shrink wrap it in the plastic like they do to protect actual cars?

I don't know... But I'm not holding my breath (and rewards points) anymore for it... Now they are being saved for a TIE that may never come!!

Full size cars don't go through the mail system.

The delorean has a completely different finish then the 66 car.

Just becuase they where aware of the 89 car complaints doesn't mean they worked out the kinks completly. Until they make another car and try it you can't know if it will work.

And part of the issue isn't just shipping and putting a film on it. They do this now with iron man figures and others. But also assembly. It's why almost all iron man figures are battle damaged in some way. And on top of that it covers them from people that get the figures or cars and scratch it themselves and claim it came that way. If it's Got some BD on it then customer service can say it's on purpose. Only way the person would know it wasn't was if they scratched it. But with the 66 car you can't do that. And also a full size car has a different paint. It has a lot more of it. It's a more durable finish.

If it doesn't make sense to you then you may not understand how the entire process works.

Re: Hot Toys - TIE Fighter

Same, my wife will kill me, my bank account wil cry but I need this so bad!!!

I need this but I don't have the space or $$$.

The AT ST is the one vehicle I would love them to make. I miss my AT ST from SWG.

Re: Hot Toys - TIE Fighter

I need this but I don't have the space or $$$.

The AT ST is the one vehicle I would love them to make. I miss my AT ST from SWG.

Space possibly, $$$ we'll see. I'd like to get measurements.

I have the EFX Tie and Xwing fighters and the tie pilot and x-wing Luke on order to display beside each piece. To be honest I would sell the EFXs in a heartbeat to get 1/6 scaled versions. I could display the tie fighter where the EFX one is but a x-wing would be so long the proper space would have to be set to a corner to accommodate the length of it and not look ridiculous out in the middle of the room. Unless it was in a coffee table of course, which would be pretty badass.

Full size cars don't go through the mail system.

The delorean has a completely different finish then the 66 car.

Just becuase they where aware of the 89 car complaints doesn't mean they worked out the kinks completly. Until they make another car and try it you can't know if it will work.

And part of the issue isn't just shipping and putting a film on it. They do this now with iron man figures and others. But also assembly. It's why almost all iron man figures are battle damaged in some way. And on top of that it covers them from people that get the figures or cars and scratch it themselves and claim it came that way. If it's Got some BD on it then customer service can say it's on purpose. Only way the person would know it wasn't was if they scratched it. But with the 66 car you can't do that. And also a full size car has a different paint. It has a lot more of it. It's a more durable finish.

If it doesn't make sense to you then you may not understand how the entire process works.

All good points and I do not know a thing about their processes. I'd like to hear more without hijacking the TIE thread. Stop by the 66 batmobile thread to continue?

I have the EFX Tie and Xwing fighters and the tie pilot and x-wing Luke on order to display beside each piece. To be honest I would sell the EFXs in a heartbeat to get 1/6 scaled versions. I could display the tie fighter where the EFX one is but a x-wing would be so long the proper space would have to be set to a corner to accommodate the length of it and not look ridiculous out in the middle of the room. Unless it was in a coffee table of course, which would be pretty badass.

IMO that would be a huge mistake. The pedigree of the EFX models is something the HT TIE Fighter will never have. But if you are not truly into studio scale and props I could see why you would go for a 1/6 TIE.

IMO that would be a huge mistake. The pedigree of the EFX models is something the HT TIE Fighter will never have. But if you are not truly into studio scale and props I could see why you would go for a 1/6 TIE.

They are beautiful pieces and I like them a lot. I am more tied to the 1:1 props however. I have EFX Legend Vader and Pilot Luke lids and a MR Elite Han blaster with Holster rig that I would never part with.

Since I have such a large 1/6 collection and the display space is more in tune with that I would prefer 1/6 vehicles to go in line with that. That we are actually talking about 1/6 scale vehicles like this being made boggles my mind.

They are beautiful pieces and I like them a lot. I am more tied to the 1:1 props however. I have EFX Legend Vader and Pilot Luke lids and a MR Elite Han blaster with Holster rig that I would never part with.

Since I have such a large 1/6 collection and the display space is more in tune with that I would prefer 1/6 vehicles to go in line with that. That we are actually talking about 1/6 scale vehicles like this being made boggles my mind.

I own quite a few props, studio scale and 1:1 myself, Vader Legend included - check my signature for my collection thread. The 1/6 HT TIE is very cool but in my eyes it will never be comparable to a studio scale that was made from original screen used TIE.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jeez, just the Falcon cockpit alone is friggin' insane... that Tie is bonkers. And I still say it will never be sold... be fun if I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem logical.

Back