Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only when you see people in shot that the magnitude of these things really becomes apparent. Otherwise you can deceive yourself.

Jeez, just the Falcon cockpit alone is friggin' insane... that Tie is bonkers. And I still say it will never be sold... be fun if I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem logical.

Yeah no kidding...lol to anyone who thinks the TIE will be for sale or the Falcon will be under $1500 :)

Would anyone even be ok with The Tie Fighter being sold in pieces?
Left Wing- $250
Right Wing -$250
Cockpit/center body -$700

I'm annxious to see the price tag on the Falcon Cockpit. I may snag that. It will really help unclutter a detolf.

I think those shots confirm it that no way this going to be sold, look at all the parts missing, wires hanging.... seems like a small group knows how to assemble it. Just does not seem like something that could be realistically shipped safely and assembled correctly without QC issues arising. Same goes for the Falcon Cockpit.... inner console does not even look to be in there and the walls are all just blank.

More credit to Hot Toys if they can pull both of these off..

I can see the Falcon cockpit getting sold but it won't be cheap. There's no way the Tie Fighter is getting mass produced. When I saw it at SDCC I couldn't believe how big it was.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wow, the inside of the Falcon is gorgeous! I definitely see them selling that one...but I can't even imagine the costs. They even promoted it on their page in a way that said it'd eventually be for sale. It's like a doll house of sorts. The Tie Fighter on the other hand, there's absolutely no way they'd ever sell those.

With the original crew on PO (aside from Obi-Wan, though I'm heavily leaning towards nabbing him as well) it's even more tempting to think of a Falcon display. That said, I'm sure it'd be over $1000, and that likely knocks me out of the park on that one! :lol

How does that help anyone?

You could buy one TIE wing and display it sideways. And put it in an area where people can't walk around to see that the rest is missing.

I thought it was a given that the Falcon cockpit would be for sale - it isn't? :gah:

How does that help anyone?

What I was going for here, was if Hot Toys was debating on releasing this, I donmt want them to scale it down to The Bat level. So, if it helped, they could release a piece at a time. In almost a BAF style. It would be 3 seperatly shipped items, and I know it would upset alot of collectors to pay 3 times the amount on shipping and customs. But, I was thinking of alternate options to go around scaling this masterpiece down. It made more sence to me earlier.

Man.....the Falcon cockpit looks insanely detailed and massive!
It always floors me when I think someone and some people at HT actually MADE this!
Insane.

What I was going for here, was if Hot Toys was debating on releasing this, I donmt want them to scale it down to The Bat level. So, if it helped, they could release a piece at a time. In almost a BAF style. It would be 3 seperatly shipped items, and I know it would upset alot of collectors to pay 3 times the amount on shipping and customs. But, I was thinking of alternate options to go around scaling this masterpiece down. It made more sence to me earlier.

Alright, let me know how you can solve the 103,769 pieces required for the BAF style Death Star.

Would anyone even be ok with The Tie Fighter being sold in pieces?
Left Wing- $250
Right Wing -$250
Cockpit/center body -$700

I'm annxious to see the price tag on the Falcon Cockpit. I may snag that. It will really help unclutter a detolf.
I think your missing a 1 at the beginning of each of those prices:lol

And if you notice the fighter has metal hubs. So they can market it as metal/diecast. Lol (it's actually machined aluminum, but that's just details)

Yeah that is what I was just getting ready to post about the machined ends.

It's just like the EFX tie with the machined parts. This thing would be a fortune to ship! Just wonder how good it would translate to mass production. Love to see it and I applaud them for taking it on.

It would make up for that piece of **** 1/12 bat they tossed out the door.:lol

I want to see a 1/6 x-wing!

Back