Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the 1989 Batmobile shipping disaster SSC experienced (notifying customers of the increased price in shipping, scratching issues, paying for that thing to be shipped back, issuing $60-$70 credits, dealing with returns, exchanges, not only from customers, but from retailers, etc etc) I wonder how they are going to handle this IF it was to be made. Say what you will about disassembled wings, separate boxes, etc HT does not have a good record when it comes to Packaging vehicles, they'll find a way to screw something because in all honesty, shipping something as HUGE as this is a first.

I paid $90 for my Batmobile to be shipped, and I returned it twice before SSC told me they wouldn't allow any more returns on the third if the issue persisted (didn't want the $70) which I completely understood (they were, what, $180 in the hole JUST ON ONE CUSTOMER?) My third one had the same issue but I had no other option but to accept the $70. They lost $250 on that thing, just on me.

I really hope HT learned how pack big vehicles this time around.

As said by someone else Prototype means they are considering maybe selling it. Also figuring out what has to be changed in order to make it easier to ship. A one off or two off for a show could be shiped fully assembly in a crate but that's not going to work for production. It would have to come apart to get into people's houses unless they have a large doorway available.

The novelty of this would run out only to come to the realization that you dropped thousands of dollars on this thing. Sure it would be sparked when new guest come to your home. My advice go into your storage find your Hasbro Tie Fighter and Falcon place it on your desk and be proud that you cant find these at your local Toys R Us and Walmart anymore!!

Could be a language barrier though with them using the word prototype. I know I wouldn't be sure about this being made until it officially goes up for preorder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this thing is five by four or whatever the true 1/6th dimensions are...... I would love to know where people are displaying this.

On your dinner table? In the bath tub? Mount on your roof?

If this thing is five by four or whatever the true 1/6th dimensions are...... I would love to know where people are displaying this.

on a pedestal I'd imagine ;p Probably would not fit in a bathtub tbh.

on a pedestal I'd imagine ;p Probably would not fit in a bathtub tbh.
Yeah, besides, the TFA X-Wing should go in the bathtub (or my neighbor's pool) to recreate the scene from the teaser trailer.
ZZ51601033.jpg

some people do have more room in their homes then others, so its not difficult for some to find display areas as others. i myself have a pretty large man cave in my home. no need to use it as a dinner table to eat off it or take a bath with it.

I have a 4 bedroom house with 2 very large living rooms. I could display four of these without my wife breaking a sweat.

I live on my own planet and can easily accomodate a fleet of 100,000 or more. And I piss money so that's no issue. And all the women on my planet get wet at the mention of Star Wars and/or toys, so I have that going for me.

Is there a bigger one swinging in now?

I live on my own planet and can easily accomodate a fleet of 100,000 or more. And I piss money so that's no issue. And all the women on my planet get wet at the mention of Star Wars and/or toys, so I have that going for me.

Adopt me bro.

Also..as for knowing for sure if this will be for sale...hot toys doesn't even know. They have not made a choice. The show is to gauge interest and see how it holds up in shipping. They don't know yet.

Are you there at the show (not sure if the pics you've posted are yours) and asked HT about this? Just trying to see if what you're saying is from an official source. It just seems it goes against what this article said at Jedi Insider a couple of days ago:

1z5i0yq.png

As said by someone else Prototype means they are considering maybe selling it. Also figuring out what has to be changed in order to make it easier to ship. A one off or two off for a show could be shiped fully assembly in a crate but that's not going to work for production.

I bet it wont be made.

One word "prototype" and everyone loses there minds.

Could be a language barrier though with them using the word prototype. I know I wouldn't be sure about this being made until it officially goes up for preorder.

Maybe, but "prototype" is pretty clear what it means. And you can sort of understand a one-off, and you could scratch build two, but having two suggests to me maybe there's actual molds that could make more.

wce79d.png

I'm thinking it'll come in at $1200 before shipping.

I feel it will be a lot more than $1200, it seems to be close to 5 ft tall in height. That's probably 4 times the height of Hulkbuster.

It's sad when I see $1200 and go, "Well that ain't that bad"

When Master Replicas Studio Scales were all the rage people bought specific cases and made interesting functional furniture items. I remember seeing a Millennium Falcon coffee table somewhere. I would personally look for a case where I could make it an end table :lol

I have two testicles. Doesn't mean I'm going to mass produce them and sell them to rich 30 year olds living in mommys basement.

But are they Hot Toys. I bet if you threw an HT sticker on your ball and called them exclusive you'd get some completists to bite.

what were the coordinates again to your planet? :)

some people do have more room in their homes then others, so its not difficult for some to find display areas as others. i myself have a pretty large man cave in my home. no need to use it as a dinner table to eat off it or take a bath with it.

Exactly. If you don't have the room for it - don't buy it. Simple.

Are you there at the show (not sure if the pics you've posted are yours) and asked HT about this? Just trying to see if what you're saying is from an official source. It just seems it goes against what this article said at Jedi Insider a couple of days ago:

1z5i0yq.png

Maybe, but "prototype" is pretty clear what it means. And you can sort of understand a one-off, and you could scratch build two, but having two suggests to me maybe there's actual molds that could make more.

wce79d.png

Sur they are prototypes, but if they decide they made two and it's not possible to go to production with it it's doesn't change the fact that it's a prototype. The 1/6 bat was a prototype and they decided to make it in 1/12.

Back