1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the original Rocket go for around $150. The vol 2 deluxe actually goes a little more than retail now. Great figure. I snagged the IW 2 pack and was lucky my Groot wasn’t broken. I then scored a deluxe closed mouth rocket headsculpt for it so I have both.

Deluxe vol. 2 goes for a decent amount above retail.

BBTS still has the original Rocket for retail price. I think the second version is a pretty big improvement though and this newest one has the best overall look if you ask me.

BBTS still has the original Rocket for retail price. I think the second version is a pretty big improvement though and this newest one has the best overall look if you ask me.

What about the second one was a big improvement? I don't own either, but based on photos it's the same headsculpt and body, just different suit.

What about the second one was a big improvement? I don't own either, but based on photos it's the same headsculpt and body, just different suit.
Pretty sure it's painted differently. The fur on the first one looks too light in my opinion. Plus the deluxe had the screaming sculpt which is cool.

First one from what I can tell is entirely matte paint whereas the Vol 2 version has the metallic hair/fur paint they've been using more recently. It does a good job of emulating a little translucency and depth to the fur. While I don't own the V1, that's what I gather from pics, which was what kept me from going for it in the first place.

They updated the body on the second Rocket to show the nodes one his body close to his neck. Plus the paint that has been mentioned to make his fur look more lifelike. I like the 2 headsculpts the gave him on the deluxe. That's the one I picked up and I will get this one also. Hope he has a different sculpt as well. So far the outfit looks great.

Love the scarf and the boots. Gotta get this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still boggles my mind that some people think that a smaller figure means a much cheaper price. We aren't paying for plastic by the pound here folks -- the detail and tailoring on these smaller guys is almost more impressive.

Still boggles my mind that some people think that a smaller figure means a much cheaper price. We aren't paying for plastic by the pound here folks -- the detail and tailoring on these smaller guys is almost more impressive.

:lecture

Not to mention the r&d and tooling that goes into making a custom body that can only be used for, well, Rocket.

:lecture

Not to mention the r&d and tooling that goes into making a custom body that can only be used for, well, Rocket.

You make an excellent point about the custom body. I mean they’re only able to use it for Rocket, Rocket, Rocket & Rocket!

Sorry, yeah not funny. I’ve got just about 26 hours until I see Endgame and even though I’ve gone through all the spoilers I could find, I’m the type that it only enhances my experience since I no longer have to speculate and then my excitement is raised even further after hearing that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I’ve always thought ScarJo was a good actress and is totally hawt but never felt that she was higher than average intelligence until her latest interview with Stern. Not only was she witty, quick and seemed above average intelligence but the fact that she completely believes that monogamous relationships go against human nature just made me a super fan. I mean, there was no question that she “gets around” but to hear her talk about how much she loves her kid but is against monogamy because, in her words, it leads to toxic relationships where people are lying to each other and themselves and they are going against their basic instincts. That interview truly showed me that she’s more amazing than I ever thought possible. Leave it to Howard to get the best interview out of anyone!

You make an excellent point about the custom body. I mean they’re only able to use it for Rocket, Rocket, Rocket & Rocket!

Sorry, yeah not funny. I’ve got just about 26 hours until I see Endgame and even though I’ve gone through all the spoilers I could find, I’m the type that it only enhances my experience since I no longer have to speculate and then my excitement is raised even further after hearing that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I’ve always thought ScarJo was a good actress and is totally hawt but never felt that she was higher than average intelligence until her latest interview with Stern. Not only was she witty, quick and seemed above average intelligence but the fact that she completely believes that monogamous relationships go against human nature just made me a super fan. I mean, there was no question that she “gets around” but to hear her talk about how much she loves her kid but is against monogamy because, in her words, it leads to toxic relationships where people are lying to each other and themselves and they are going against their basic instincts. That interview truly showed me that she’s more amazing than I ever thought possible. Leave it to Howard to get the best interview out of anyone!

Okay...so my 2 main takeaways...

1.) You like to overpay for things.

2.) You like to ruin movies for yourself.

:slap

Okay...so my 2 main takeaways...

1.) You like to overpay for things.

2.) You like to ruin movies for yourself.

1.) How did you gleam from my rant that I enjoy overpaying for things? :slap

2.) As I stated, knowing specific plot points before going into these movies actually enhances the experience FOR ME!!! Now that I’ve seen it, I am glad I read the spoilers and was also surprised by the execution of said spoilers. :slap

:slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap

1.) How did you gleam from my rant that I enjoy overpaying for things? :slap

2.) As I stated, knowing specific plot points before going into these movies actually enhances the experience FOR ME!!! Now that I’ve seen it, I am glad I read the spoilers and was also surprised by the execution of said spoilers. :slap

:slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap :slap

Eh, just basing it on how you readily agreed with Indiana Fett's reasoning that just because the R&D used to develop a Rocket body can only be used for a Rocket then therefore the inflated cost is justified...but perhaps I am wrong and you don't like overpaying for figs.

And yeah, I did read about how knowing spoilers ahead of a movie helps you enjoy it more...but still that's like the complete opposite of how people enjoy movies/tv shows/books, etc. But hey, you do you!

Anyways all I'm saying is (this is not directed at you blinguskahn, but everyone in general) smaller figs should not cost as much as larger ones...that's usually how things work in life. There's a reason why super-sizing would cost you more back when that existed!

If there is one person to take great relationship advice from, its people that have been divorced twice before the age of 35.

Eh, just basing it on how you readily agreed with Indiana Fett's reasoning that just because the R&D used to develop a Rocket body can only be used for a Rocket then therefore the inflated cost is justified...but perhaps I am wrong and you don't like overpaying for figs.

And yeah, I did read about how knowing spoilers ahead of a movie helps you enjoy it more...but still that's like the complete opposite of how people enjoy movies/tv shows/books, etc. But hey, you do you!

Anyways all I'm saying is (this is not directed at you blinguskahn, but everyone in general) smaller figs should not cost as much as larger ones...that's usually how things work in life. There's a reason why super-sizing would cost you more back when that existed!

So you're comparing food sales to production runs of physical products? Cool. I think we're done here.

Hopefully not too long before HT officially announces this one...I have another $25 promo Code burning a hole in my pocket at SSC.

I wonder if he's not announced yet because he'll be bundled with a character not revealed until May 5th? Regardless, instant PO for me as he's become a favorite of mine...

Back