1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I broke my first Hot Toys peg yesterday :eek:

I busted Rocket's tail off by trying to bend it without first confirming which direction the peg was facing. Thankfully the tail is just held on by a standard peg and Hot Toys graciously included a spare in the box, so after fishing out the broken halves with some tweezers, the crisis was averted.

View attachment 511460
105c0f1a2d20f8bb31be5867963126e3.gif

Thank you! Really my photography is nothing more than an excuse to explore all of the possibilities these figures have to offer. Helps me to get further enjoyment and value out of them when they otherwise might just get unboxed and stuck on the shelf.

I’m so glad your “tail issue” was easily remedied. As I recall the tail on this Endgame version seemed to move differently than my GOTG 2 version did. I can’t remember specifically why by I do know I found the functionality of the EG Rocket to be superior to that of the GOTG vol 2.

I see what you mean about photographing the figures. I started doing that a while ago when I decided to store mine in the attic until my basement remodel is done. The pandemic has slowed down progress on a project that could have been done months ago. But I hope that the remodel will be able to commence and be finished by mid summer. In the meantime I will keep taking pictures then boxing them back up. I just wish that I could take pictures as well as you and some of the others on this forum do. You guys use posing and lighting so well that you are able to capture the essence of the characters these figures represent.

I?m so glad your ?tail issue? was easily remedied. As I recall the tail on this Endgame version seemed to move differently than my GOTG 2 version did. I can?t remember specifically why by I do know I found the functionality of the EG Rocket to be superior to that of the GOTG vol 2.

I see what you mean about photographing the figures. I started doing that a while ago when I decided to store mine in the attic until my basement remodel is done. The pandemic has slowed down progress on a project that could have been done months ago. But I hope that the remodel will be able to commence and be finished by mid summer. In the meantime I will keep taking pictures then boxing them back up. I just wish that I could take pictures as well as you and some of the others on this forum do. You guys use posing and lighting so well that you are able to capture the essence of the characters these figures represent.
I've noticed some helpful toy photography videos on youtube if that's something you're interested in. I'd just look for the basics for starters as some of the videos get into effects and backdrops and all of that elaborate advanced stuff.

Hope your basement remodel can get completed soon so you can break your collection back out!

I've noticed some helpful toy photography videos on youtube if that's something you're interested in. I'd just look for the basics for starters as some of the videos get into effects and backdrops and all of that elaborate advanced stuff.

Hope your basement remodel can get completed soon so you can break your collection back out!

Thanks for the tip, I’ll have a look!!
I would love to pick up some basic techniques to enhance my pics.

Yeah I really want to have the remodel finished because then I will be able to look at all my figures AND enjoy movies on the big tv ...I miss that space :(

This were fun to do :) Are y'all switching scarves based on your pose or just sticking with one or the other at all times?

View attachment 511749View attachment 511750

Super cool photos, and I love the poses for both IM and Rocket!!

Although my Rocket went back to his box, I liked using the sculpted scarf when he is posed in a more neutral stance. However in action poses like you have him in above I think the fabric scarf really shines!!! Also the fabric scarf adds a level of detail/texture I think is missing in the sculpted scarf.

Super cool photos, and I love the poses for both IM and Rocket!!

Although my Rocket went back to his box, I liked using the sculpted scarf when he is posed in a more neutral stance. However in action poses like you have him in above I think the fabric scarf really shines!!! Also the fabric scarf adds a level of detail/texture I think is missing in the sculpted scarf.
Thanks! Yeah thus far I’ve been reserving the soft goods scarf for action poses but am considering just using it all the time. Like you said has more detail/texture, and it’s more vibrant as well.

Thanks! Yeah thus far I’ve been reserving the soft goods scarf for action poses but am considering just using it all the time. Like you said has more detail/texture, and it’s more vibrant as well.

Yeah, wanting to maybe use the fabric scarf all the time is understandable. I thought about doing that as well since the fabric scarf is definitely more visually interesting. The problem for me is that in the limited time I had Rocket out of the box taking pictures of him the sculpted scarf seemed to drape better around his neck. I think most of that has to do with the fact that I have an Aero-rig on my Rocket so the sculpted scarf just seems to “work” better for me. That said I didn’t really have much time to spend futzing with the fabric scarf on him so who knows.

Back