1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that head looks like the right size, I agree the new one put out by Hot Toys has a good likeness but is too small so that takes away from the overall appearance to me.

Did you modify a Civil War headsculpt or create a totally new one from scratch? Also what color paint did you use ...it is a perfect match

It's a new build. I used mainly Vallejo paint. They are easy to find in my country.

It's a new build. I used mainly Vallejo paint. They are easy to find in my country.

I am thinking of repainting the helmet on my Civil War Captain America and putting it on the Endgame body.

I don’t have the courage or skill to attempt why you have done. Again, you did an amazing job!

I can definitely see that the nose fits more on the left side, and on the right side the gap is bigger. Ive ordered this figure and waiting for delivery. I hope mine will be free from this flaw, or what wee see on a picures is just sloppy assemble of the mouthplate.

What kind of repaint were you looking to do?

I’m just thinking of darkening the blue so that it will match the color of his endgame outfit more. The Civil War costume is a noticeably lighter shade of blue and I am worried that the difference in color between the CW helmet and the EG body will be too pronounced.

Btw, I do realize that the Endgame version has a much closer likeness to Chris Evans than the CW version. However IMO, overall the helmeted headsculpt on the Endgame version appears too small and that bugs me.

One of the reasons i never bother to order right away. I sometimes wait several months or until it releases before putting in a PO.

Exactly! Pre-orders were fine when there was a chance of an item selling out or it came with an exclusive. Now? Not so much. I'm not letting Sideshow hold my money for two years! Even if it's only a NRD!

Does this Cap has bad fitting between the helmet and nose, or You just attached this in a wrong way?

I think Thanos broke his nose.

I’ve weathered my cap and gave him little more traps

CEF2B2FD-EDAB-40AF-A510-92C8483805AC.jpgAAAE3F30-155D-47EB-BCB4-416D4726BF4D.jpeg3D5BA7D1-A7C8-4F6E-8B68-102CCFC996E0.jpgF6D7FBCF-68DB-4C77-857A-D8B2C481F981.jpg0B99E79E-266D-4E7F-BAE1-7E0867BBB016.jpg2792E5B6-BC64-4F3B-A67A-8B3790FFA2BE.jpg

Really nice work James!!

Looks like Cap has been in a fight :)

How did you augment his traps?
You know the spongey spare soles you can buy and put in a training shoe I cut one of them up to fit underneath the pockets on the suit where the traps are.

You know the spongey spare soles you can buy and put in a training shoe I cut one of them up to fit underneath the pockets on the suit where the traps are.

Your Cap looks awesome!! Good to know you can do that with the traps using those pockets...I always thought that?d be a pretty way to do it.

I couldn?t hold out any longer. Ordered this tonight. Will be my only Cap so this will do nicely

Your Cap looks awesome!! Good to know you can do that with the traps using those pockets...I always thought that?d be a pretty way to do it.

I couldn?t hold out any longer. Ordered this tonight. Will be my only Cap so this will do nicely

Congrats, I hope you like him!

This one will be replacing my CW Cap. The Civil War version of Cap is a very nice figure but this one really does seem like an upgrade in almost every respect except I do prefer the CW die-cast shield.

That rear ankle guard looks horrible sticking out like that makes the foot look super long

16460827-EB77-42E7-8E34-D9E677D38EB1.jpeg

Half of me still thinks I should have done an a-dev and not ordered

There are a lot of small flaws on this figure that contribute to making me pass on it. Seeing that the helmet and the nose don't align is ridiculous though.

There are a lot of small flaws on this figure that contribute to making me pass on it. Seeing that the helmet and the nose don't align is ridiculous though.

The face piece could be misaligned, so it could just be operator error.

I'm just surprised the slap-on chest piece isn't the dealbreaker for everyone since it was the #1 complaint back when the D23 Exclusive/prototype images were shown.

That rear ankle guard looks horrible sticking out like that makes the foot look super long

View attachment 508820

Half of me still thinks I should have done an a-dev and not ordered

I was all set to get it until you posted that comparison shot of it side-by-side with Concept Cap which put him to shame. I just couldn't then.

The face piece could be misaligned, so it could just be operator error.

I'm just surprised the slap-on chest piece isn't the dealbreaker for everyone since it was the #1 complaint back when the D23 Exclusive/prototype images were shown.

Slap-on shoulder pads too.

Back