1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems the longer this figure takes to ship, the more faults people find with it. Do any of you complaining about the figure have it in-hand yet? No accusations, just curious.

Here are a couple of pics from a great comparison video provided by MRCollectionventures. He does a really comprehensive comparison examining various aspects of the figures: https://youtu.be/cFzgSpNjuuA
Yup, just like I posted when Justin's review landed, the head is the same size but the chin lands higher up because the face was shortened--like everybody wanted.

Can't win; dudes say the face is too long then complain when you shorten it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

My Stealth Cap figure is in a similar pose and has the exact same issue with the boots. CW and IW Cap have the same boot design (and by extension, Concept Cap), so I'd be surprised if they don't have this too. The EG figure isn't perfect, but this issue isn't unique to the EG figure...

And I'm passing because I don't like the overall CW/EG costume design, so I don't have a horse in this race. I will pick up some of the parted accessories though.

I hear you you?re not wrong I am just being overly critical and to be honest the one thing that bothers me the most from this has nothing to do with the head it?s those damn baggy arms, yuck!

But then I find a pic where I go WOW love it:

340D41B4-8310-4456-A8D3-C491C402A062.jpeg
4A1CD0F3-11A3-47C1-8C35-92DB20C7C1CA.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems the longer this figure takes to ship, the more faults people find with it. Do any of you complaining about the figure have it in-hand yet? No accusations, just curious.

In my experience the argument from ''it looks better in-hand'' is often shortlived and your initial criticisms and disappointments come back to the fore once the ''new toy'' excitement has worn off.

So personally I don't bank on ''better in hand'' anymore.

In my experience the argument from ''it looks better in-hand'' is often shortlived and your initial criticisms and disappointments come back to the fore once the ''new toy'' excitement has worn off.

Understood.

That's what happened to me with Civil War BD Cap. I was super excited to finally have a Cap figure again, then, even just looking at it throw the window of the box, I was pretty much back to my initial less than satisfied. And what's worse is I had bought 2 different 3rd party metal shields (bd and clean) as well as the original CW head with switchout mouthpieces so I could have an "ultimate" Cap, yet I never even took it out of the box :lol Luckily was about to sell it for a good amount though.

Yeah, look at this way. If you met a girl off an app who looked very meh in her photos, would you suddenly expect her to look better in-person? That argument makes absolutely no sense! :lol

Yeah, look at this way. If you met a girl off an app who looked very meh in her photos, would you suddenly expect her to look better in-person? That argument makes absolutely no sense! :lol

The better question is why would you meet her in person if she looked very meh in her photos? That makes even less sense. Oh, wait - I forgot: G$ = DESPERATE!! :rotfl

:wave

After much deliberation over a long period of time it is with heavy heart that I announce my cancellation of Cap I put the money towards the Hulkbuster

Thanos will not have his adversary not yet anyways not until HT ups their game.

Amazing Evans head sculpt is not enough to save the figure from his baggy arms, thin legs and no hips or butt.

Sorry Thanos better luck next time lol

After much deliberation over a long period of time it is with heavy heart that I announce my cancellation of Cap I put the money towards the Hulkbuster

Sorry for your loss, its such a tragic loss...

endgame captain america toy, gone but not forgotten.

The better question is why would you meet her in person if she looked very meh in her photos? That makes even less sense. Oh, wait - I forgot: G$ = DESPERATE!! :rotfl

:wave

Hey man, I'm a lover not a hater! If a girl is seeking to be loved, she shall be loved!!! :lol

But on a serious note, your wife did look better in person. Ooooohhh snap!!! ZINGGGG!!!

a9e8d6a1e5dda8cff4a51374cf458e8b.gif

I kid, I kid of course!

tenor.gif

But seriously, that reasoning still holds true. Something that doesn't look good in photo won't miraculously look better in real life.

Thanos will not have his adversary not yet anyways not until HT ups their game.

Amazing Evans head sculpt is not enough to save the figure from his baggy arms, thin legs and no hips or butt.

Sorry Thanos better luck next time lol

Yeah, man good call! Don't sacrifice your hard earned money for a mediocre figure.

Glad to see your putting that cash to something that is actually quality: THE HULKBUSTER!

I think you'll be really pleased with that decision. Congrats! :hi5:

Yeah, man good call! Don't sacrifice your hard earned money for a mediocre figure.

Glad to see your putting that cash to something that is actually quality: THE HULKBUSTER!

Hey G, do you actually have yours on display? And did you ever get the jackhammer arm? With all the jokes about mine, I honestly don't remember. :lol

Yeah one of the lengthiest back and forth I have ever experienced collecting HT

Helmeted head is great, Evans sculpt is great....and that is it for greatness.

The chest, traps and shoulders don’t bother me but the arms and legs just don’t look good as a frame around his torso.

At the end of the day literally a few weeks if not days before charging I decided there wasn’t enough there to justify the cost

Oh well

Hey G, do you actually have yours on display? And did you ever get the jackhammer arm? With all the jokes about mine, I honestly don't remember. :lol

Haha yeah man. I've got the Deluxe Hulkbuster. The crazy part is I never really spent much time with it, probably 15 mins total. I boxed it back up and said I would get around to inspecting again when I had more time. I've had plenty of time since...just been a lazy SOB since the box is so huge lol.

Maybe one day I'll get around to unpacking it again and admiring it more than just 15 mins...just maybe... :lol

The chest, traps and shoulders don’t bother me but the arms and legs just don’t look good as a frame around his torso.

At the end of the day literally a few weeks if not days before charging I decided there wasn’t enough there to justify the cost

Oh well

Yeah, if you're looking for a figure that'll impress you on ALL fronts then the Hulkbuster is the one. Last thing you wanna do is buy something you're not completely satisfied with.

Even though this is the definitive version of Cap, it sadly was never even on my consideration list because I just knew HT would phone in the release. The final product is not too different than the prototype. The only thing they corrected was the shield. The new helmeted sculpt is great in theory, but the execution with the undersized head is a huge miss. HT did absolutely nothing about the cheap, lazy slap-on chest and shoulder piece. And I can't get myself to accept this cheap plastic/vinyl material they are using in lieu of actual fabric.

Long story short, you made a wise decision! :duff

The chest, traps and shoulders don?t bother me but the arms and legs just don?t look good as a frame around his torso.

At the end of the day literally a few weeks if not days before charging I decided there wasn?t enough there to justify the cost

Oh well

Really, I am feeling the same way. While it seems like the definite Cap, I am not 100% satisfied with him. Mostly the baggy look (like you) and the limited articulations. And the improved HS is still not spot on.

But the question is, what are my options?

I like previous Caps even less. And beside the Endgame 2012 Cap, I don't see any other Chris Evans Caps coming in the near future...

Congrats on allowing yourself the Hulkbuster, Jye. The only thing stopping me buying that is the size and expense. I've occasionally asked myself why I had to buy the '89 Batmobile, couldn't I have satisfied that itch with a smaller representation. So therein lies my personal doubt about the HB.

Back