1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As conflicted as I am, damn you a-dev, I need to keep him because I can’t have my HT Thanos facing off against my black series walmart exclusive worthy Cap it looks ridiculous

As conflicted as I am, damn you a-dev, I need to keep him because I can’t have my HT Thanos facing off against my black series walmart exclusive worthy Cap it looks ridiculous

This is exactly what I said in an earlier post. People are legit trying to justify the purchase of this figure.

That's why all the complaints about the slap-on chest piece are no more. Because if you complain then clearly something is wrong. People want their blinders on so they can say this figure is fine and that's why I have him in my collection.

In my opinion, this is one of the laziest releases I've seen. They did the bare minimum to get this one out. And the "updates" they did do are laughable. Pin-head size Cap? I can't unsee that now! :rotfl

The face piece could be misaligned, so it could just be operator error.

I'm just surprised the slap-on chest piece isn't the dealbreaker for everyone since it was the #1 complaint back when the D23 Exclusive/prototype images were shown.

Slap-on shoulder pads too.

Slap on chest and shoulder pads are the deal breaker for me. As much as I want Cap in my collection, just can't justify it. It would bother me to no end.

This is exactly what I said in an earlier post. People are legit trying to justify the purchase of this figure.

That's why all the complaints about the slap-on chest piece are no more. Because if you complain then clearly something is wrong. People want their blinders on so they can say this figure is fine and that's why I have him in my collection.

In my opinion, this is one of the laziest releases I've seen. They did the bare minimum to get this one out. And the "updates" they did do are laughable. Pin-head size Cap? I can't unsee that now! :rotfl

The figure is not perfect. I absolutely agree with you.
But after seeing the comparison videos, this Cap looks the best for me. And I can get it for retail. It's just as simple as that.
Not trying to play down the flows or "justify" anything at all :)

The figure is not perfect. I absolutely agree with you.
But after seeing the comparison videos, this Cap looks the best for me. And I can get it for retail. It's just as simple as that.
Not trying to play down the flows or "justify" anything at all :)

Well if you're happy with it, then I'm happy for you! Enjoy the figure then good sir! :duff

Yeah I've already paid up front and got a great deal on it, so I can only complain so much. But I'm definitely not liking the pin head. This is my only Cap as well, so yeah, just going to have to deal.

Anyone seen good comparisons of the new head size next to, say, the rather large MK85 Tony head?

As if we even need any more proof the head is too small after Unreal Toys posted his custom head (the old size) on the figure - while also nailing the likeness.

Last edited:
Yup here they are next to each other:

4B24E9F3-A472-426C-9B0B-A237E0DD5612.jpg

Anyone seen good comparisons of the new head size next to, say, the rather large MK85 Tony head?

As if we even need any more proof the head is too small after Unreal Toys posted his custom head (the old size) on the figure - while also nailing the likeness.

Here are a couple of pics from a great comparison video provided by MRCollectionventures. He does a really comprehensive comparison examining various aspects of the figures: https://youtu.be/cFzgSpNjuuA

Attachments

• 67D2F540-8F73-4DB5-8704-D161290EB476.jpg
    67D2F540-8F73-4DB5-8704-D161290EB476.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 230
  • E204C090-918B-42A2-9DD6-D5B651050F4D.jpeg
    E204C090-918B-42A2-9DD6-D5B651050F4D.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 228
Thanks Omega9300 although I more specifically had in mind comparisons with headsculpts from other characters that the figure would be displayed with.

That long face is ridiculous lol

Maybe but I don't think a change resulting in the sculpt being smaller - especially in the midst of a general trend where every other headsculpt is being made larger - was a good idea. They should have known better.

That rear ankle guard looks horrible sticking out like that makes the foot look super long

View attachment 508820

Half of me still thinks I should have done an a-dev and not ordered

My Stealth Cap figure is in a similar pose and has the exact same issue with the boots. CW and IW Cap have the same boot design (and by extension, Concept Cap), so I'd be surprised if they don't have this too. The EG figure isn't perfect, but this issue isn't unique to the EG figure...

And I'm passing because I don't like the overall CW/EG costume design, so I don't have a horse in this race. I will pick up some of the parted accessories though.

Thanks Omega9300 although I more specifically had in mind comparisons with headsculpts from other characters that the figure would be displayed with.

Maybe but I don't think a change resulting in the sculpt being smaller - especially in the midst of a general trend where every other headsculpt is being made larger - was a good idea. They should have known better.

Ahhh ok I get you, sorry I misunderstood.

I know I have seen videos with Endgame Cap close to other figures like Iron Man but I can’t remember which videos nor if the figures were in close enough proximity to judge relative size.

Back