Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever was to buy a figure this large I would rather have a generic Marvel designed figure vs a movie character. They are just too dated with the exception of Iron man I guess, he looks better in the movie than the comics.

When do we reckon the first of this line will be available? Captain America came out in June and the Figure only arrived in November so presumably the first of this line won't be till October/November next year?

Is it possible then that the unveiling of the first wave will actually happen before the film even hits theatres?

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of the figures prototypes before the movie hit (like they did with Thor I think?)... we all know what these guys are going to look like and most of them already have HT figures out.

Wow I have ZERO interest in 1/4 scale figures...A way to jack up already ridiculously over-priced action figures. Who the hell has the room to even display these, maybe in comic shops but I already think that 1/6 is pushing the limit for size in collectibles.

ummm.........most ppl who have any room bigger then a prison cell can display things bigger then 1/6 rather easily :dunno

ummm.........most ppl who have any room bigger then a prison cell can display things bigger then 1/6 rather easily :dunno

What a stupid-ass comment to make. We don't all live to display comic book action figures in living rooms and family rooms dumbass...seriously

Exactly so why even comment on someone else's space because most people have more than a prison cell and most people also who have an ounce of class dont really want a giant hulk or captain america action figure in their living room.

I think many people would find it very challenging to display more than 3-4 1/4 figures.

Many people in the US are used to bigger living spaces - in most of Europe and some parts of Asia, that is certainly not the case

The only significant difference would be vertical space required. People collecting statues haven't had any problems.

Well taking me as an example - I just know if I could afford to live in a house or at least a bigger apartment, then I'd be a lot more game for 1/4 figures and statues. As things are, I can't realistically display more than 3-4 1/4 figs in addition to 3-4 detolf's worth of 1/6 figs and dios

Well taking me as an example - I just know if I could afford to live in a house or at least a bigger apartment, then I'd be a lot more game for 1/4 figures and statues. As things are, I can't realistically display more than 3-4 1/4 figs in addition to 3-4 detolf's worth of 1/6 figs and dios

that's the thing. You have the space, it's just occupied with other figures, that's the point.

that's the thing. You have the space, it's just occupied with other figures, that's the point.

Right but look at it this way:

If i got rid of all my 1/6 stuff and only got 1/4 figures, i'd probably be able to display about 16 1/4 figures

Keeping it exclusively 1/6, i can manage easily double that.

So I guess my point is with 1/4, if you have limited space, you are forced to keep your collection very focused. This is not easy to do for everyone - Hell i've kept my 1/6 collection almost exclusive to Nolan Batman and that basically takes up ALL my display space

and I bet if you maximized your space, you could fit more then 16. One full Besta units can hold 12 1/4 pieces. Even in the smallest spaces, 16 1/4 pieces is still a lot.

Lots of people also put a 1:4 statue on top of their detolfs, which is almost like doubling it as a display pedestal, another way to utilize vertical space so you have more room for other things.

if you have 4 detolfs, you can easily have a 1:4 Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk on top of each detolf, which should still look organized especially if you can give them a little space in between.

Back