Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder when we'll start seeing teases or announcements of actual product from the 1/4 line. I'm assuming it'll be well after all the 1/6 announcements. I'm debating whether or not to get 1/6 or 1/4. A 1/4 Hulk would just be so badass.

My bet is we'll just see some of the major sellers as 1/4th figures. Definitely Iron Man, probably Cap and Thor and that's it.

I won't be getting these 1/4ths anyway.

HT announced a crap load of 1/4 stuff, we haven't even seen a sneak of one of them. I think HT is just so threatened by what EB is doing in that scale, they announced so many 1/4 licenses just for the hell of it. I would be shocked if we don't see one or two at SDCC, even though they won't go on PO until late this year or early next. Maybe a 1/4 IM and a Predator?

Does ht even really plan on doing these or did they just get the license so eb wouldn't.there is a building in my city,it was a home depot and they moved a couple blocks away to a new and bigger shopping center.that was 8 years ago and they still pay rent on the original building so that loews[a competator]doesn't move in.that's 8 years of rent,just to stop them from moving in,is hot toys buying the rights to these 1 4 scale figures before they even developed any kind of 1 4 scale system just so enterbay doesn't get it?do they ever plan on realesing them or is this just a business stratagy to stay on top of the market and keep enterbay from getting more rights to make any kind of competition.even though its in a different scale there's a lot of people who would pass on a ht 1 6 scale for the eb 1 4 scale.especially if the figures turn out the way the t800 turned out.most who own eb agree that it is far supperiop to the ht version.

I normally don't comment on topics I have no interest, but I am curious to know how much of a market is out there for 1/4 scale? The majority of 1/6 collectors are complaining about a $200 price point. That would make me think that most if not all of them are not getting 1/4. Plus, will those with a 1/6 collection want to start a new scale?

The majority of 1/6 collectors ar complaining about a $200 price point. Plus, will those with a 1/6 collection want to start a new scale?

These are two excellent damn questions and I've never seen them answered by fourth scale aficiandos.

Bueller? Anyone? :dunno

(Do fourth scale collectors rent out storage units for their stuff?)

I normally don't comment on topics I have no interest, but I am curious to know how much of a market is out there for 1/4 scale? The majority of 1/6 collectors are complaining about a $200 price point. That would make me think that most if not all of them are not getting 1/4. Plus, will those with a 1/6 collection want to start a new scale?

There's really only a few figures I'd buy in 1/4 scale simply because of the detail alone. I'd get Hulk, a Christopher Reeve Superman, Marty McFly, Predator 1, maybe an Iron Man and probably something from the Terminator line.

If they get the scale, accuracy and quality control spot on, collectors will buy.

$225-250? Doubt it.

Even at 8.5 ft tall, HT will have to specially develop a one of a kind body for him which they're likely not going to be able to re-use. I think Iron Monger or Avatar Jake would be good precedents for the price range.

Jake costs $314 on Sideshow
Iron monger is $475

I think Hulk will be closer to Jake's price - $300 to $350 would be my guess.

As much as I'd like to see Hulk in 1/6, I can't say the idea of 1/4 scale joints really appeals to me. 1/4 imo is strictly for the clothed characters.

Back