Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it means that now I have a choice in terms of offering. My decisions will be based on likeness, cost and overall look of the static piece. It means Sideshow isn't the only game in town and whomever steps up their game on 1:4 releases whether it be SSC, HT or EB will get my money

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost:

Wow, I missed this thread yesterday and it's already over 20 pages?

I just have to say that if they make a 1/4 Iron Man figure that looks just as good as their 1/6 then I'll probably end up selling my War Machine, Mk IV, and Mk VI just to get it. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Wow, I missed this thread yesterday and it's already over 20 pages?

I just have to say that if they make a 1/4 Iron Man figure that looks just as good as their 1/6 then I'll probably end up selling my War Machine, Mk IV, and Mk VI just to get it. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Only 8 pages for me. Change your settings. :wave

Imagine scalper prices for "exclusive" 1/4 figures :lol

tumblr_ldlu7iPUBA1qei4vno1_500.gif

1/4 was not my type either. but try buying one 1/4 and display it next to your 1/6. you can have many cool 1/6 on display but soon as you see the 1/4 in the room, your attention will automatically be diverted to it. 1/4 is just a better attention grabber by default and will simply dwarf all the 1/6, literally and figuratively.

just save the scale for iconic characters is what i'd suggest. too many 1/4 in the room would make the scale much less special imo. to quote from the incredibles: "if everyone is special, then no one is."

That's partly why I don't want them.

I'm actually primarily a 3 3/4" GI Joe collector. The Sideshow Joes are what got me into 1/6 scale, and while they certainly catch the eye more than the little RAH figures, I still want stuff like the Terrordrome, Skystriker, Tomahawk, etc to be the focus.

I'm pretty selective when it comes to non-Joe figures. I've drawn a line at 1/6, and that's where I collect the iconic characters like Predator, Dutch, Big Chap, T1 and T2 Arnies, etc. I almost got the Cobra Commander PF, but decided it was too much - both in terms of money and size.

Since I didn't get the SS Iron Man Maquette, I wonder if I can just get this Iron Man and display with my other SS 1/4 statues, would it look out of place?

I don't think it'll look as out of place as people think they will. Sure on characters like Iron Man where the exposed joints without a doubt will be visible but in the right pose, you won't notice. In fact, these will most likely compliment the PFs more than people think. Imagine you've got the original Hulk PF in a fighting stance and now with HT figures in that scale you can pose the figure to match it and create a nice little dio situation.

I don't think it'll look as out of place as people think they will. Sure on characters like Iron Man where the exposed joints without a doubt will be visible but in the right pose, you won't notice. In fact, these will most likely compliment the PFs more than people think. Imagine you've got the original Hulk PF in a fighting stance and now with HT figures in that scale you can pose the figure to match it and create a nice little dio situation.

I was thinking that for Iron Man it would be the least noticeable because his armor are supposed to have joints in them any way.

Why do you think it would be more noticeable?

Articulation. The waist, legs, elbows, you'll undoubtedly be able to see the screws and such which is fine for me but for some it'll dealbreak compared to say Spider-Man where every point of articulation joint is hidden. Tony's suits have joints but if you look at an IM piece you'll have the screws, the plates where at the size of the piece it'll be more noticeable where a figure with clothes it can be hidden.

Will there be a 1/6 and 1/4 made of each character? Last thing we want is the full line up of The Avengers in different scales.

If they release a 1/4 scale figure of a character, they probably won't release a 1/6 scale figure of said character.

They will just be competing with themselves and on top of that we will have to deal with the incessant comparison between the two. No doubt the 1/6 scale would be inferior (at least in the head sculpt department). Kind makes me fear the future of 1/6 scale. Some figures just might not see the light of day now.

I think whatever character they choose to do in 1/4 from the Avengers, there will likely be a 1/6 of that character as well.

If they release a 1/4 scale figure of a character, they probably won't release a 1/6 scale figure of said character. They will just be competing with themselves and on top of that we will have to deal with the incessant comparison between the two. No doubt the 1/6 scale would be inferior (at least in the head sculpt department). Kind makes me fear the future of 1/6 scale. Some figures just might not see the light of day now.

Why wouldn't they? They are two completely different markets. We are the only ones insane enough to buy both but that's like saying that if Sideshow makes the Joker PF, then they won't make a Joker 1:6 figure. What's the difference because one is a statue and one is a figure? The scale is the selling point here, they are going after PF collectors not trying to covert 1:6 collectors. I guarantee you by this time next year we'll have both Iron Man, Cap, Thor in both scales no problem.

Back