Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. Though I don't know how many of the gamers who bought those games are into high end collectibles, my guess would be not as many as you think. At least, not nearly as many to give the major licenses a run for their money competitively but I might be wrong.

I've been collecting for a few years and what I've come to learn is that most collectors are in fact gamers.

..and yes you probably are wrong!:D

I've been collecting for a few years and what I've come to learn is that most collectors are in fact gamers.

..and yes you probably are wrong!:D

So you're saying a majority of the MG gamers are high end collectors, enough that they will make the license the most popular of all?

Doubt it, but we shall see won't we? :D

His point has been made ad nauseum in every thread in every forum for months on end. GL flopped, no need to rush product for a crap film that tanked.

This point holds no weight. Hot Toys has shown over and over again that box office does NOT equate any kind of decision over product, if you look at the Terminator license and even the Predator license from AvP on, they have shown that a ____ movie can translate into fantastic sales and even what they would consider top tier status for them.

GL is not released yet because of multiple reasons one of which being that the announcement was only made in June. There are licenses announced last December not yet done. If anything thinks that this Iron Man stuff wasn't planned ahead of time you're fooling yourself. Even the Hall of Armors I'm sure has been in the works for almost a year, but why hype a light up box?

HT bit off more than they can chew a while back and while they are catching up things will get released. Box office has nothing to do with it. If GL made Avatar money the figure would still not be out because it is where it is in the process. Same with MGS, same with Captain Harlock, same with X-Men: First Class, same with all the others we are still waiting on.

bringing to fans with even more details and interestingness! To show our enthusiasm for this project, we have assigned a special team to be specialized in the 1/4th scale collectible development and they will be incorporating our latest technique to upraise the quality level, which will be leading the 1/4th collectibles to another milestone and must bring much surprise to fans!

Well, they're not just raising the quality level, but upraising it.

Sounds like interestingnesses may abound . . . :wink1:

_______

Meh, no interest in 1/4th scale. too big. and not in-scale with anything i've already got.

though the base body might make for some need space marines in 1/6th scale. .... though it's probably tooo big.

as for the whole MGS thing. there are ALOT of fans out there, and there is VERY LITTLE product. ANYTHING MGS will probably sell very VERY well. Don't believe me? look at how much the Medicom MGS toys were selling for before HT announceed theirs.

350$ and up.

Hopefully SS ups their QC and paint department based on this announcement because SS is the best at 1/4, and now if HT comes out and blows SS out of the water with awesome 1/4 pieces, they are gonna lose a good chunk of business in that market pending on if HT goes back and does older characters. I'm defn down for a 1/4 IM piece from HT, I just hope they don't start going back and doing older characters in 1/4, that would kill my wallet for sure, especially considering how fast they crank out figures. HT needs to move forward, the constant rehashing is very annoying.

Metal gear will be a best selling license without a doubt so I don't get your point
Couldnt agree more
That's your opinion, nothing more. And if you don't "get my point" than there's no reason continuing the conversation, it isn't too complex.

couldnt disagree more :lol

Metal gear would be the greates license ever!! Iron man is all the same character in different suits....

metal gear is a huge number of amazing characters in different suits/outfits

as for the whole MGS thing. there are ALOT of fans out there, and there is VERY LITTLE product. ANYTHING MGS will probably sell very VERY well. Don't believe me? look at how much the Medicom MGS toys were selling for before HT announceed theirs.

350$ and up.

Metal gear would be the greates license ever!! Iron man is all the same character in different suits....

metal gear is a huge number of amazing characters in different suits/outfits

:goodpost: :exactly:

There are so many fantastic characters in the MGS series, not to mention the different versions of the many Snake's.

HT is starting to alienate people with all these announcements and half ass teasers.

Maybe, but it's nobody important. :wink1:

You're either busy growing or busy dying when it comes to business.

And stalking my posts didn't take you long

It's impossible to stalk a postwhore. They're on every corner of every street -- whoring. It's like stalking a guardrail on the bloody motorway. . . Oi! ere's anotha!

:cuckoo:

_____

This what I am curious about:

How will this effect Sideshows PF 1/4 scale collector? :huh

Will this type of collector see this as a choice in their 1/4 scale collection or as something completely different because it is a figure? :huh

Take, for example, the SS Iron Man Mark 1 now in 1/4 scale, and the HT Iron Man Mark 1 in 1/6 scale. Remember the huge debate in what many felt was a more detailed HT 1/6? What would have happened back then if HT released a 1/4 scale of this IM? :huh

For me it means that now I have a choice in terms of offering. My decisions will be based on likeness, cost and overall look of the static piece. It means Sideshow isn't the only game in town and whomever steps up their game on 1:4 releases whether it be SSC, HT or EB will get my money

about time !!! Do Capt America and Thor right in 1/4th!

Sideshow where you is?

Hot toys are starting to run out of Iron man versions, so thought they could start all over again in 1/4 scale. I will still stick to collecting 1/6th scale collectibles, as I like the size anyway, won't take up much space and should/will be the lower cost. Though I would like to pick up some characters by Hot toys in quater scale that I find iconic to me, such as the wolverine, and really anything that looks cool to me. The hard thing about saying that last part is that I guarantee I will find the whole Avengers team in 1/4 scale to look cool. Hot toys you have finally milked me dry.

Back