Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, i'm trying to get the batteries out of my War Machine, but i can't unscrew his right arm, i've managed to get all the rest out but this one is stuck and i don't want to strip the head of the screw, i'm afraid i may have slightly stripped it but it's still unscrewable it's just really stuck!

Does anybody have any advice on how to loosen a screw without damaging the product? I'm afraid if i try to apply more pressure the screw head will just get stripped completely.

Hey guys, i'm trying to get the batteries out of my War Machine, but i can't unscrew his right arm, i've managed to get all the rest out but this one is stuck and i don't want to strip the head of the screw, i'm afraid i may have slightly stripped it but it's still unscrewable it's just really stuck!

Does anybody have any advice on how to loosen a screw without damaging the product? I'm afraid if i try to apply more pressure the screw head will just get stripped completely.

I just picked up a MIB/sealed War Machine last week, and the batteries for the head and both arms were dead (all the AG1 sites). I had to use a slightly larger screwdriver to open one of the arms than I did with the head and other arm (it seemed to have larger slots). The smaller screwdriver wouldn't catch, and I was concerned that I'd strip it out, but when I switched to the larger one I was able to open it with no problem. I don't remember which of the arms I had to use the larger screwdriver for, but I suspect it was the right one.
Oddly enough, while all the smaller AG1 batteries were dead, the larger AG3s used for the chest worked fine.

I nearly totally rounded the head on my neck compartment screw, 'til it had only the slightest tooth still left. I took it to an optometrist who kindly unscrewed it for me without a problem. Pro tools vs crappy ones, makes all the difference.

You're probably turning the screw the wrong way. :cuckoo: Make sure you unscrew it by turning it counter-clockwise. Also, use the perfect size of the screw driver for it.

I'm not stupid lol, i know which way to screw a screw! :p

I would have thought it to be the right size as it worked perfectly with the other arm. Going by what Warlock is saying i will try a larger screwdriver later today.

Thanks for the advice guys.

THERE has got to be an easier way to get into the head battery compartment!!?? just got a brand spankin' new one of these, and the head batteries are completely fried. Does the neck piece come off?!

so, obviously, the head comes off the neck.....and you're saying the neck pops off the torso? correct?

Yep, it's just like a standard HT neck piece in that way, with the torso ball joint inserting into the neck post socket joint. You might want to rotate the neck 30 degrees either way so that it levers off the collar easier when you pull on it.

Yep, it's just like a standard HT neck piece in that way, with the torso ball joint inserting into the neck post socket joint. You might want to rotate the neck 30 degrees either way so that it levers off the collar easier when you pull on it.
thank you so much...just popped it off.....now time to try and get that screw out

yup, ive no issues with this suit (minor nitpick on the missing decals). from the HS to the paint to the detail to accessories, you really can't complain about any. thats why i dont need that milk version

Back