Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milk version is cool, but it doesn't seem to be anything other than a different paint scheme.

I already have the original. That's enough.

Just ordered WM off of eBay, hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Recently sold my MkIII so now need to get a new Iron Man to go with it - Hmmm, MkIV or MkVI?

Here ya go man!

The whole chest plate is different. It's a bit wider and comes up higher as well. The helmet is also a slightly different sculpt. The rest is the same though.

Iron Man Mark IV & VI by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Note the different shape of the "pecs" on the chest.

A few further notes on posture.

Until I got the Mark VI I had been posing my Mark IV like you see on the left. The shoulders raised up as far as they could go with the torso hunched forward. I did this largely because this was the best look for the Mark III due to it's limited articulation. When I got the Mark VI though it came packaged with the shoulders down as low as possible as well as the body tilted back as far as possible. This made me realize that was by far the better look for the VI/IV.

When the shoulders are pushed down as far as they can go it does much better at that sloped shoulder look all the Iron Man suits have. When you sort of hunch the torso forward it also robs the torso of a lot of that feeling of mass since the abdominal plates compress inwards. So for the "museum" pose I have taken to posing both my Mark IV and VI in the pose the VI is in on the right.

I think the posture of the Mark VI clearly looks better.

5628654674_9d987fa778_b.jpg
5628068617_51216cbcce_b.jpg

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if I can remove it without hurting anything. I don't mine changing a figure irreparably but will try other things first if I can.

Here's an example of what I mean in natural vs unnatural. The Mark VI's neck isn't seated on the ball joint which is why it's higher than it should be and why I want to remove the joint. The IV has the neck pushed back as far as it can go for contrast but pushed forward it doesn't look that different.

5627762913_8d1030b50e_b.jpg

well if it helps, IM goes back to round RT in Avengers so we might not see the triangle again

Would it not depend on whether the events of The Avengers takes place? If it happened in the middle of IM2 then technically that could be a reason for the round RT. But that would seem a little daft. Because I was under the impression (although I don't claim to be any kind of expert) that Iron Man sticks with the triangle RT in the comics once he starts using it? Did ultimate IM not have a triangle?

Back