Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah damn right HT forgot the lightning hook :mad: Gr8 work on the hook:clap
I suppose they could say that this Delorean is from the start of the movie. In that case, HT could supply us with.........

Doc_Brown.JPG

:pray:

...when I get home I'll take photos of the supplies and tools I used. On and off it took me a little over 6 hours I think to get it done. That includes hunting down references.
I don't often do tutorials, heck I often go through with a project without stopping to take photos. When I'm in the zone, nothing stops me! ;)

I'll post supply pics soon.

It turned out great! I can't wait to see how you did it. Thanks

Just started on the hood box for my part 3 conversion for my second DeLorean.
image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpeg

...hopefully by next week I'll have half the components made.

Superb work :clap

three nearest are clear LEDs. There's a few coloured screws. A piece of armored cable of some sort. Absolute brilliant job scavenging all that. You're like a Borrower :lol

Superb work :clap

three nearest are clear LEDs. There's a few coloured screws. A piece of armored cable of some sort. Absolute brilliant job scavenging all that. You're like a Borrower :lol

Yea, the colored screws are for reference, as the replacement part like everything else is hand made. Besides that, yes, I guess I am like a borrower! ;)

What are the clear dome-topped tubes, Shortwookie? I assume they're fuse holders keeping them in place?

What are the clear dome-topped tubes, Shortwookie? I assume they're fuse holders keeping them in place?

Actually they are glass charms for a necklace. They come is a variety of sizes and shapes. I found these only for cheap as a bundled purchase. Assembly required...
...they have a rubber stop inside and I glue the chrome cap to it. It does the job. I was going to add the small wires inside to create a filament look, but I'm not going that crazy for details. Heck, the ILM model used in the train sequence in part 3 was close enough looking, but not crazy accurate at all. Either way, I'm getting close. ;)

Actually they are glass charms for a necklace. They come is a variety of sizes and shapes. I found these only for cheap as a bundled purchase. Assembly required...
...they have a rubber stop inside and I glue the chrome cap to it. It does the job. I was going to add the small wires inside to create a filament look, but I'm not going that crazy for details. Heck, the ILM model used in the train sequence in part 3 was close enough looking, but not crazy accurate at all. Either way, I'm getting close. ;)

of course! Now I can see what they are. You buy them to fill with coloured sand etc. It's official - you are the King Borrower! What a great find.

Back