Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another update...
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Some parts are dry fit while I finish up their replacements. At this pace, I'll be done sooner than anticipated. 😉

I haven't cross-checked your box to screen shots, but boy, oh boy, does it look fantastic.

I applaud your attention to detail, but I MOST applaud your decision to even ATTEMPT this.

On a sidenote, are you planning on modifying the 'suspension' of the Time Machine to match the screen-used version?

I'm trying to figure out a way to lower my Time Machine, but in BTTFIII, the car sat sooooo much higher that it was almost embarrassing. Although it was corrected when the Time Machine was fitted with the 'rail' wheels.

I do plan on changing the suspension height. With the 50's wheels early on part 3, the front end sat so high. Yes although ridiculous, for a movie car, I actually love the look. Talk about standing out. I think the DeLorean in the the third movie had a custom VW dune bug chassis I believe. All that so it car run through the desert. Really neat in my book.

As for how to do it, I'm not there yet. But I will take photos when the time comes.
I got the wheels with the chrome moon caps and tires almost completed. But that is all at the moment. My biggest thing is not to fear the idea of making a mistake or breaking it. If I had that fear on my mind I would not even start this project. Either way, I knew from day one I would get myself into this kind of project. It also helps that I have two DeLoreans. (One still in the box, but already inspected). ;)

Test fitting the handles and belts. This is just a test fit, as I still need to add the vintage Pepsi-Cola decals to the box before permanently attaching the handles.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Just finished the hood box.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpg

I have yet to strap the belts under the hood. Not sure what to do yet, as the hood is thin and flimsy and will not close properly. So I might cut the belts short. We'll see.

My next update will be the 50's wheels, then I'm leaving Mr.Fusion deck for last.

I do plan on changing the suspension height. With the 50's wheels early on part 3, the front end sat so high. Yes although ridiculous, for a movie car, I actually love the look. Talk about standing out. I think the DeLorean in the the third movie had a custom VW dune bug chassis I believe. All that so it car run through the desert. Really neat in my book.

As for how to do it, I'm not there yet. But I will take photos when the time comes.
I got the wheels with the chrome moon caps and tires almost completed. But that is all at the moment. My biggest thing is not to fear the idea of making a mistake or breaking it. If I had that fear on my mind I would not even start this project. Either way, I knew from day one I would get myself into this kind of project. It also helps that I have two DeLoreans. (One still in the box, but already inspected). ;)

I guess I missed this post, but I'm very excited for you. Honestly, I haven't spent much time with my...um...Time Machine, but I'm looking forward to lowering the ride height. Your input is much appreciated.

My Marty I picked up yesterday, forgot to post it on here. Love this piece, reminds me of what HT's was, full of great accessories. All I am missing now is my deloreon time machine, and hopefully in the future we get a doc brown to complete my final HT's collection. It seems fitting my Titanic collection is set up where my back to the future collection is

Marty set up

Close up of Marty

And my BTTF setup of displaying it all

Back