Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTTF2 is my favorite of the trilogy as well. May contemplate picking up a BTTF2 Marty if they ever come out with one.

I love my Marty figure. But like others in this forum, I'm starting to doubt if there will ever be a release for part 2. Heck, I'm still waiting on the last few items Hot Toys shelved. (No pun intended). I'm just glad I ordered Marty and the DeLorean TM when I did.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I love my Marty figure. But like others in this forum, I'm starting to doubt if there will ever be a release for part 2. Heck, I'm still waiting on the last few items Hot Toys shelved. (No pun intended). I'm just glad I ordered Marty and the DeLorean TM when I did.
View attachment 248883View attachment 248884View attachment 248885

Yea I am doubting it myself, luckily someone local is selling his Marty brand new for the retail price of 190 pounds so decided to go for this version of Marty and the Daloreon I am ordering in September, just got to hope the deloreon does not sell before August, and hoping they release a Doc Brown. Impossible to order the deloreon now, when I got the city hunter Maquette on order March 25th to July 25th, not factoring its getting a custom job

By the way awesome shots dude, just makes me want the deloreon even more

Yea I am doubting it myself, luckily someone local is selling his Marty brand new for the retail price of 190 pounds so decided to go for this version of Marty and the Daloreon I am ordering in September, just got to hope the deloreon does not sell before August, and hoping they release a Doc Brown. Impossible to order the deloreon now, when I got the city hunter Maquette on order March 25th to July 25th, not factoring its getting a custom job

By the way awesome shots dude, just makes me want the deloreon even more

Thanks! Like all of my newly received collectables, I take hundreds of photos.

I wonder if there are there is an increase in the jacket button casualties since the arrival of the car. :lol

I would buy any version of Doc and Marty. But for the love of God Hot Toys, MAKE DOC!!!

I would buy any version of Doc and Marty. But for the love of God Hot Toys, MAKE DOC!!!

I agree, make doc NOW. You got to have the inventor, but saying that, look at what we saw with the lone ranger they never even completed that set, same with the drax. If they make the doc brown, to go with Marty and the deloreon, what a set that will be

I agree, make doc NOW. You got to have the inventor, but saying that, look at what we saw with the lone ranger they never even completed that set, same with the drax. If they make the doc brown, to go with Marty and the deloreon, what a set that will be

It would be embarrassing if Hot toys released Doc at this point. Why you ask? :confused:
The Marty figure was made shorter in height in comparison to other Hot Toys figures. (Yes, I get it, Michael J. Fox is not a tall man.)
But, when you put the figure inside the DeLorean, it's a tight fit. I mean Marty's head barely clears the door to close all the way. He fits, but it's tight.
image.jpgimage.jpg

If Doc was made in full average height to accommodate scale, he would not fit in the DeLorean. ...and again, that would be embarrassing coming from Hot Toys.

So yes, that's my theory as to why Doc won't happen. So sad. This whole bttf licensing from Hot Toys feels like it got rushed.

...but I bet the next Iron Man figure will have everything perfect, right down to RDJ's chin fuzz and smell like his cologne.
I bet he will even fit in his Acura. To which by the way, I'm surprised it hasn't been made in 1/6 scale. But I'm sure it will. :gah:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 258
It would be embarrassing if Hot toys released Doc at this point. Why you ask? :confused:
The Marty figure was made shorter in height in comparison to other Hot Toys figures. (Yes, I get it, Michael J. Fox is not a tall man.)
But, when you put the figure inside the DeLorean, it's a tight fit. I mean Marty's head barely clears the door to close all the way. He fits, but it's tight.
View attachment 249004View attachment 249005

If Doc was made in full average height to accommodate scale, he would not fit in the DeLorean. ...and again, that would be embarrassing coming from Hot Toys.

So yes, that's my theory as to why Doc won't happen. So sad. This whole bttf licensing from Hot Toys feels like it got rushed.

...but I bet the next Iron Man figure will have everything perfect, right down to RDJ's chin fuzz and smell like his cologne.
I bet he will even fit in his Acura. To which by the way, I'm surprised it hasn't been made in 1/6 scale. But I'm sure it will. :gah:

Its partly true, doc may not fit in the Deloreon, but? I think collectors may live with the fact doc brown wont fit in the Deloreon, think they just want the doc brown made, as it goes with the collection. If they made the doc brown, I wont put him in there.

Its partly true, doc may not fit in the Deloreon, but? I think collectors may live with the fact doc brown wont fit in the Deloreon, think they just want the doc brown made, as it goes with the collection. If they made the doc brown, I wont put him in there.

Agreed. I would have the trio posed in one of these possibilities. I wouldnt want them sitting in the car with the door closed as you wouldnt be showing off the figures.

s041467284-300.jpg
Back-to-the-Future-book-102015.jpg

Have Marty standing off to the side for this one

backtofuture2-xlarge.jpg

If the part 2 set ever gets made, i would have this pose. Probably would have to remove docs feet to get him in though.

backtofuture-large.jpg

Agreed. I would have the trio posed in one of these possibilities. I wouldnt want them sitting in the car with the door closed as you wouldnt be showing off the figures.

View attachment 249035
View attachment 249036

Have Marty standing off to the side for this one

View attachment 249038

If the part 2 set ever gets made, i would have this pose. Probably would have to remove docs feet to get him in though.

View attachment 249040

Yea some great idea poses, I will have to look up possible poses for doc brown, but there is always ways round fitting the doc brown in there. My Bane does not fit in the main seat if the tumbler, or does he fit well in there, but you want these figures shown in all its glory, just got to hope one day they do release him, think the rate marty is selling now, and its all down to the deloreon how fast that sells could decide weather we get a doc brown

Think I'm going to pass on Marty. I really only wanted him if I could get a George McFly to display as well, but now two custom projects for him have apparently been abandoned. :gah: Bummer.

Yea some great idea poses, I will have to look up possible poses for doc brown, but there is always ways round fitting the doc brown in there. My Bane does not fit in the main seat if the tumbler, or does he fit well in there, but you want these figures shown in all its glory, just got to hope one day they do release him, think the rate marty is selling now, and its all down to the deloreon how fast that sells could decide weather we get a doc brown

From what I can see here in the UK, both marty and the delorean have sold out

Just for fun, tried to recreate a scene from the film...
...and yes, I made the lightning hook that HT failed to produce. :wink1:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

You have to tell me how you did this please. its awesome

...when I get home I'll take photos of the supplies and tools I used. On and off it took me a little over 6 hours I think to get it done. That includes hunting down references.
I don't often do tutorials, heck I often go through with a project without stopping to take photos. When I'm in the zone, nothing stops me! ;)

I'll post supply pics soon.

Back