Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange. I couldn't feel more the opposite.

This is the most fun I've had with a figure for sure but hell I've been futzing it for hours! Damn layers....

I have watched BTTF trilogy so many time's. Marty has earned his way into collection and because its such a unique movie and 1 of my favorite actors i'll be proud to have Mike in my collection. I grew up on family ties and bttf , teen wolf , doc hollywood he's a staple or cool icon and think brings a little realty to the collection and he turned out amazing looking.

Sweet pics, philmah, EarlHickey and Cap'n! :clap

I agree with you Tim, I can't wait for Marty to get here. :duff The car is the star of BTTF...but Marty's a great character, he's a very likable kid and easy to root for.

This alone makes a really nice nostalgic novelty. At the very worst, it is an amazing accessory to the DeLorean. Those getting a DeL have to admit, a display with the DeL, Marty, and possibly Doc, is pretty much insane.

I hope we see more then Marty and Doc in this line i think if were gonna get milked in this line the money is on BTTF 3 western versions Clint Eastwood Marty , Western Doc and Mad dog Biff would be best hope's along with a BTTF2 marty as a dx with hover board and plenty xtra's for differnt look's if not I might just end up buying xtra marty heads to make my own 3 version's.

On kinda off topic if ever wanted see BIFF be kinda nice check out old t.v show called Freaks n geeks show its where Seth Rogan , James franco 1st started and pretty funny show.

This alone makes a really nice nostalgic novelty. At the very worst, it is an amazing accessory to the DeLorean. Those getting a DeL have to admit, a display with the DeL, Marty, and possibly Doc, is pretty much insane.

Ha ha then call me crazy because i'm All in for it ALL. What's realy crazy is if they release every delorean version and we buy them All.

So getting ahead of myself here because Doc isn't even official BUT!

I originally had no interest in multiple versions however seeing Marty's in had pics are getting me revved up. I would support multiple costumes and releases of the figures. I would on the other hand only still with one Del. don't have that much room!

If we get Doc, I have a bad feeling it'll be 1955 Doc. :slap Maybe there'll be a reveal at SDCC.

I'd be in for both 2015 Marty and Doc. I'd be shocked if we got any more figures - including Biff, in whatever iteration - than that.

I hope sales do great and shows hot toys there is plenty of cash too be made in this line from delorean's to marty n doc.

b9122f287cb088b9eee29f6a6c5b6108_zps9m3um73o.jpg

I wonder if the West Coast dockworkers strike that ended back at the end of February will crush any hopes of Marty getting here sooner than later. The backlogs on all that cargo was huge. Not sure if they've scratched the surface of getting back on track yet or not.

So getting ahead of myself here because Doc isn't even official BUT!

I originally had no interest in multiple versions however seeing Marty's in had pics are getting me revved up. I would support multiple costumes and releases of the figures. I would on the other hand only still with one Del. don't have that much room!

Myself as well. I would buy 2015 and 1885 versions of Mary and Doc becauce I love those movies and distinct looks so much.

I have watched BTTF trilogy so many time's. Marty has earned his way into collection and because its such a unique movie and 1 of my favorite actors i'll be proud to have Mike in my collection. I grew up on family ties and bttf , teen wolf , doc hollywood he's a staple or cool icon and think brings a little realty to the collection and he turned out amazing looking.

Agreed, I could not have said it better!

You feel exactly how I imagined I'd feel if I bought this figure a-dev. It's a great set of a long-desired character, but since I first saw it I've never felt that familiar compulsion to press the 'order' button. To me it's a figure that, more than most, needs a companion figure. With Doc alongside it I think you'll feel a lot more excited about Marty. As far as 'representing the license' goes, I think the Delorean can do that on its own; and Marty and Doc can do it together. All three would be brilliant. But just Marty on his own doesn't tickle the nerd boner for me.

That's how I feel about it and not bothering with the figure. There are lots of movies I love but have no desire to have any representation of them on my toy shelves.

Very well worded, I felt exactly the same. That's why I dug out some of the prop replicas from previous releases to display him with him.

I disagree with the guys saying he is not iconic enough for a 1/6 figure though, very much depends how much BTTF was part of your youth.

I think he's absolutely iconic enough to be immortalised as an action figure. The only question is 'did I need him' or am I sort of riding along with other people's hype. For other people this is to them what a T-800 figure is to me.

As Lejuan said, I certainly don't think Marty is enough on his own - he needs the Delorean and/or Doc (I'm more inclined to say 'and'). Which brings me to another point - buying this guy, and keeping him, therefore necessitates further expenditure on those items. But not only that, I've also been looking at the Commando John Matrix figure again as a possible purchase for an 80s icons shelf. So you see, owning Marty is making me want to spend more money on other licences that I otherwise was going to skip.. I was even checking ebay for a figure I used to own but sold - Platoon Sergeant Barnes - I loved that figure. Again, classic 80s movie, albeit not remotely science-fiction/fantasy.

I won't do anything rash, I'll keep him for now. I'm just slightly concerned it was a strategic mistake to buy Marty and open up my BTTF account for the reasons mentioned in the above paragraph.

Back