Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the EX pre-ordered and will probably keep him, but he doesn't really fit in my collecting "plan." I have everything planned out that I'm trying to get and the lines I'm completing. Love BTTF but don't really have a good spot for this guy without him being out of place. Plus I have no plans of getting the Delorean. :thud:

Current pose, lovin the fig

DSCF3505_zpsrvxnu4dh.jpg

DSCF3506_zpszcrcdfk2.jpg

DSCF3507_zpsvdg2z92m.jpg

DSCF3508_zpslkxqocxg.jpg

I think he's absolutely iconic enough to be immortalised as an action figure. The only question is 'did I need him' or am I sort of riding along with other people's hype. For other people this is to them what a T-800 figure is to me.

As Lejuan said, I certainly don't think Marty is enough on his own - he needs the Delorean and/or Doc (I'm more inclined to say 'and'). Which brings me to another point - buying this guy, and keeping him, therefore necessitates further expenditure on those items. But not only that, I've also been looking at the Commando John Matrix figure again as a possible purchase for an 80s icons shelf. So you see, owning Marty is making me want to spend more money on other licences that I otherwise was going to skip.. I was even checking ebay for a figure I used to own but sold - Platoon Sergeant Barnes - I loved that figure. Again, classic 80s movie, albeit not remotely science-fiction/fantasy.

I won't do anything rash, I'll keep him for now. I'm just slightly concerned it was a strategic mistake to buy Marty and open up my BTTF account for the reasons mentioned in the above paragraph.

I wouldn't overthink this, dev. Marty's worth keeping if only as a small, albeit symbolic, act of defiance against Hot Toys Iron Man world domination.

Lovely pics, shells and EarlHickey! :hi5:

Even with the some what negative vibes this has generated (even in jest) I am still looking forward to it. Though I wish the people I was getting this from actually cared enough to reply to emails, tweets etc. Never again.

So could someone who has this please show us This Marty with just the red shirt, jeans and sneakers :(

I want to see his BTTF 2 alt 1985 look. I want to see if the narrow body looks awkward with just the undershirt or does the neck look too big

I don't care if the arm joints are exposed:dunno

Haven't been following the thread so I don't know if this was already asked... The vest is a little bigger than the proto right? Or just needs a little bit of futzing?

Haven't been following the thread so I don't know if this was already asked... The vest is a little bigger than the proto right? Or just needs a little bit of futzing?

It helps that the vest has actually wires in it, so it helps to futz it

Takes a lot of futzing to get it to lay as flat as possible. It's not wired.

Back