Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys are not really known for finishing what they started. I think Doc would get almost as much love as Marty would. Almost. But they have Star Wars and Marvel and the new Superman/Batman. They'll all sell like mad. And I guess HT can only do so much.
I hope HT keep doing these "lesser" brands, but classics, like BTTF, Alien (man-oh-man) and more cool stuff that all us old guys love.
But chances are that Doc will get lost in all the confusion and the screaming for newer stuff.
I hope not. It would be so cool to have this Character with Marty and the Delorean.

Hot Toys are not really known for finishing what they started. I think Doc would get almost as much love as Marty would. Almost. But they have Star Wars and Marvel and the new Superman/Batman. They'll all sell like mad. And I guess HT can only do so much.
I hope HT keep doing these "lesser" brands, but classics, like BTTF, Alien (man-oh-man) and more cool stuff that all us old guys love.
But chances are that Doc will get lost in all the confusion and the screaming for newer stuff.
I hope not. It would be so cool to have this Character with Marty and the Delorean.

I have to disagree though. Look at some of the figures that were abandoned such as the Lone Ranger. The movie flopped, so the interest in that film had waned. It was mentioned that there would be more characters visited, and the Marty preorders proved to be successful. I am certain we will get a Doc. I also would not be surprised to see a 2015 Marty release as an exclusive of some kind.

I have to disagree though. Look at some of the figures that were abandoned such as the Lone Ranger. The movie flopped, so the interest in that film had waned. It was mentioned that there would be more characters visited, and the Marty preorders proved to be successful. I am certain we will get a Doc. I also would not be surprised to see a 2015 Marty release as an exclusive of some kind.

If they get around to Doc, then ToyFair 2 pack exclusive of them from the second movie would be a no brainier.

I don't agree. Look at how quickly Marty sold on Sideshow. In a matter of hours the exclusove went on wait list. How many figures does that happen to? Making the $700 DeLorean shows that this isn't a quick release for them, they appear to be in it for the long haul, or at least for a Doc. Will we see one from each movie? Maybe not, I hope we will but I have zero doubts we will see Doc in the next year. By the time we open up our DeLoreans Doc will have been revealed. I'm not sure if we will have him in hand by then but we will know he's coming.

Really should have pre ordered this from a local supplier a week ago. They've since upped their pre order prices because of the exchange rate. Really sucks when that happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw on the news that all West Coast docks are not unloading or loading. I have a feeling the delays will be more severe soon.

3 out of 4 payments processed, really hoping he stays on schedule, although who knows with the dock issues.

Dock or no dock, SS likes to delay order's anyways, I got 3 payments down too, but this figure hasn't even been released in HK yet so I expect it to release later than anticipated. Cant you send SS money orders? I think I will send them my 4th payment regardless.

SSC does this all the time, they'll continue to take your FPs on everything that you have them on except for the final one. They'll only charge that when it's ready to ship. So for example if you had a payment January through March, they'd take Jan and Feb but delay that last until it's in. So if it delayed until September than that's when they'd take it.

I believe it is CA State law that they can't take funds earlier than 30 days of shipping (Or something along those lines last time this question came up) so I don't think they'd except an early payment.

SSC does this all the time, they'll continue to take your FPs on everything that you have them on except for the final one. They'll only charge that when it's ready to ship. So for example if you had a payment January through March, they'd take Jan and Feb but delay that last until it's in. So if it delayed until September than that's when they'd take it.

I believe it is CA State law that they can't take funds earlier than 30 days of shipping (Or something along those lines last time this question came up) so I don't think they'd except an early payment.

Damn, well that just plain sucks. I do live in California so that would apply to me. I vaguely remember Yankee'sFanboy sending in a last payment though for Robocop maybe? Before they shipped it, so I was hopping I could do the same thing :monkey2

That sig! Stoya AND Kayden Kross? :google

35iq8uv.jpg

That's the Hot Toys DeLorean.?!? I don't think it's going to fit in the Detolf. :rotfl

you gotta lay it across the top of about 20 of them. :wink1:

Great pic, man! :hi5: Have your kids seen all of the BTTF movies yet?

yes they have. Multiple times. Those were on the list of movies I needed to expose them to when they were old enough.

Back