Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In truth I've never collecting anything from BTTF and Indy but they were films I particularly enjoyed during my childhood along with the others mentioned. So if HT were to reveal really really good figures based on those licenses I would be very tempted. Their Indy figure was poor though and they seem to have abandoned the license and it remains to be seen how BTTF turns out.

I had Nolan Batman stuff but I've sold/will be selling it all off. Sticking to the incarnations from my childhood and that would be Keaton Batman. Batman Forever also has an appeal but to keep it neat I think I'll only buy from the Burton films.
I bought bttf on DVD last month to show my kids
We're from the same era

Super power collectibles (the store that had my Robo PO) has closed it doors, sadly. Turns out my other "go to" shops are sold out! I just placed an order with sideshow so I'm good. So for those that are on the fence about this figure, it's selling out everywhere -- get it while you can!

Last edited:
Wow... The robocop looks awesome. Finally, some crazy work by hot toys. The die cast to me will give it that extra classyness. The ed on the other hand looks very plasticky. 410 , its way overpriced in my view. I am so waiting for my robocop and chair!
Wow, couldn't disagree more, Leon. Watching that video made me so glad I pre-ordered ED-209. It's a really beautiful piece, IMO. I liked but never loved RoboCop back in the day, but have to say these two are probably my most anticipated figures, at the moment.

Super power collectibles (the store that had my Robo PO) has closed it doors, sadly. Turns out my other "go to" shops are sold out! I just placed an order with sideshow so I'm good. So for those that are on the fence about this figure, it's selling out everywhere -- get it while you can!
Same here, my order was also with SPC.
Alternatively, Canadians could also order from Urban Samurai Hobbies; they ship from Vancouver. I've ordered from them before as well, so I reordered my preorder there.

Same here, my order was also with SPC.
Alternatively, Canadians could also order from Urban Samurai Hobbies; they ship from Vancouver. I've ordered from them before as well, so I reordered my preorder there.

Great suggestion. I may do that to avoid customs charges.

What about Toys2? Eric is a pretty good guy. Very reliable up there in the Great North.
You're right, Toys2 is also supposedly a good choice, as they're an official distributor to Hot Toys.
I've personally never ordered from their site before, but I have bought from their store in-person.

Probably 499$. I don't think I love Robocop THAT much.
There was a Robocop marathon on Encore this past weekend and after rewatching Robocop 2, I have to say that the final battle between Robocop and Cain (and the police) is the best in the whole series. That kind of re-sold me on a Cain figure, which I was eager to buy back in 2012 when Hot Toys first showed it off. I'm prepared to pay in the $500 range for Cain if it ever sees the light of day---which is not to say I want to pay that much, but that's likely to be the price. I have stronger sentiments over classic Robocop and spending money on figures from that series than, say, Iron Man 3 and the similarly priced Igor armor.

Did they show if the cain came with a removable brain and vile of NUKE?
The pics were of a mockup that didn't show much, but a Cain brain and a nuke canister sound like reasonable accessories. Cain would have to be fairly complex to include an opening front hatch with little internal grapple arms to hold the nuke canister and a slot for the brain/spine--not to mention the rotating arm attachments, multi-jointed legs, and the screen that pops out of the head. Hot Toys could probably pull it off with all of their mechanical figure experience, but getting all of those features is a tall order.

The pics were of a mockup that didn't show much, but a Cain brain and a nuke canister sound like reasonable accessories. Cain would have to be fairly complex to include an opening front hatch with little internal grapple arms to hold the nuke canister and a slot for the brain/spine--not to mention the rotating arm attachments, multi-jointed legs, and the screen that pops out of the head. Hot Toys could probably pull it off with all of their mechanical figure experience, but getting all of those features is a tall order.
tsang will demand being a sculptor for that and will make everything in one piece like he does with predator armor :nana:

Back