Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many people judge things too soon. They need to wait untill they see the finished product before making judgment IMO. Who really knows. It could be decent. People are acting like it's gonna be the worst movie ever made. Just because it's a reboot.

It doesn't need to be better then the first one to still be a good movie.

I agree. No one is saying it will be great. But to sit around a corner and start throwing stones at something one has not seen completely is the easiest thing to do... It could be lame for all we know but, its more lame to start judging something without seeing it or giving it a chance. Imagine if someone saw a scene or two from the old movie and said ... Ohhh what, its a lame movie. As wrong as that would be, wrong it is to criticize something without seeing it. Thats just my view though. My work involves dealing with a lot of people doing a lot of things good and bad. And if i close my doors to second chances, or with the hope that nothing should be touched again if it was done good the first time, i think i will have to close shop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No one is saying it will be great.

Well, Abby Cornish said it would be "a classic".
And by some strange feeling I think that's not true...

But although I totally refuse the reboot, I'll watch it... I' just unsure if I'll like it. ;)

Last edited:
I agree. No one is saying it will be great. But to sit around a corner and start throwing stones at something one has not seen completely is the easiest thing to do... It could be lame for all we know but, its more lame to start judging something without seeing it or giving it a chance. Imagine if someone saw a scene or two from the old movie and said ... Ohhh what, its a lame movie. As wrong as that would be, wrong it is to criticize something without seeing it. Thats just my view though. My work involves dealing with a lot of people doing a lot of things good and bad. And if i close my doors to second chances, or with the hope that nothing should be touched again if it was done good the first time, i think i will have to close shop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:goodpost::clap Agreed. If you watch the behind-the-scenes extras from the original, they mentioned that many people didn't like the concept and some of what they saw at a screening, yet it became a cult classic. Not saying this will follow suit, but don't judge so fast, and that goes for anything in life. :lecture:yess:

Too many people judge things too soon.
don't judge so fast, and that goes for anything in life. :lecture:yess:
anything.
alright.
if you see a dog crap on a road, don't judge dog's master for leaving crap where people walk, taste it first. that dog could have eaten a nice big stake right before, you might like the remake.

anything.
alright.
if you see a dog crap on a road, don't judge dog's master for leaving crap where people walk, taste it first. that dog could have eaten a nice big stake right before, you might like the remake.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lol

They said the same thing about the 1978 Halloween. Which I love. But you know what. When I seen the rob zombie reboot. I also liked that one alot too. Is it better then the original? Of course not. But it doesn't have to be. Just because something is done once. Doesn't mean it can't ever be done again. If that was the case, then we would of never had the great Nolan Batman trilogy.

anything.
alright.

If you think paying 10 bucks to see a movie is the same as eating dog ****. Then you got some serious issues. :lol

They said the same thing about the 1978 Halloween. Which I love. But you know what. When I seen the rob zombie reboot. I also liked that one alot too. Is it better then the original? Of course not. But it doesn't have to be. Just because something is done once. Doesn't mean it can't ever be done again. If that was the case, then we would of never had the great Nolan Batman trilogy.
Nah - I don't agree. :lol

Batman's a character that's ideal for reinterpretation over generations - not the same.

RoboCop (of course Dirty Harry & Judge Dredd were undeniably huge influences) was the perfect one shot classic - & I'd say the same about Halloween too actually. Not only did they not need sequels, but their stories were meant to resonate as stand alone films - not vehicles for franchise mentality.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny that people are making robocop out to be some monumental masterpiece that can never be touched. It was a fun 80s action movie with a cool idea. Nothing more really. Not sure why everyone is in such a fuss about them doing a reboot about it in the first place. Bottom line is if you think it will suck then don't see it. :lol For me. I'll check it out. If it sucks. Oh well won't be the first crappy movie I have seen. But I'm pretty confident that it will be pretty decent. I like the cast in it.

It's kind of funny that people are making robocop out to be some monumental masterpiece that can never be touched. It was a fun 80s action movie with a cool idea. Nothing more really.
Hmm.. yeah.

Your quasi sarcasm is misplaced my good sir, & you obviously fit the category of folks I mentioned earlier. :duff

It's kind of funny that people are making robocop out to be some monumental masterpiece that can never be touched. It was a fun 80s action movie with a cool idea. Nothing more really.

I'll see the remake, just for something to watch. But for your statement above I sentence you to...

I guess I hit a nerve with that statement. Not saying I don't like the movie. I'm even dishing out the 300 bucks for the fig when it comes out. But again what am I missing that makes this movie more then what I said?:dunno

I actually think that's kinda right (cool/fun '80s movie but not the pinnacle of sci-fi or anything) but to me that's doubly why it just doesn't need a remake. It didn't even need sequels, IMO. It's pretty clear that the new movie has nothing to add, so why bother.

I actually think that's kinda right (cool/fun '80s movie but not the pinnacle of sci-fi or anything) but to me that's doubly why it just doesn't need a remake. It didn't even need sequels, IMO. It's pretty clear that the new movie has nothing to add, so why bother.

Agreed. That can be said about most remakes. But I just don't get the hate that this remake is getting. I remember when I heard about the Total Recall remake. I was like what!!!! No way noone can replace Arnold. But then I finally seen it. I liked it. I do prefer the original of course. But the remake was pretty cool too. They changed it up alot.

The 1987 film has a rich history - honestly, do yourself a favour & google it when you have some time.

Everything from the director Paul Verhoven's background as a European based film maker, his unique take on America & all it's corporate & social excesses, the use of graphic ultra violence to emphasize aspects of the aforementioned & use it as a tool for satire, to the cast, to the character's origins, to the creative team & the huge talent there - yeah. It was a trailblazing film in multiple ways. Like I said - there's a rich history attached to the original film. :wink1:

This new one has - if anything, has a decent cast when you count Oldman Keaton & SLJ. The rest is generic meh. :huh

Robocop is one of the finest movies ever made and to say it was only a cool fun 80s movie is really an insult but your opinion no less.

Nearly 30 years on and it would not look out of place in todays environment in fact it has an almost 100% reference to todays world as it did to the world back in the eighties.

A timeless classic from top to bottom, start to finish. I'm sorry but the remake will not even grace the original on any level.

Meh, I liked it but to me it's just not on par with say Terminator and especially not something like Blade Runner. Never felt the need to rewatch it much which says it all for me. That said I enjoyed it and like the designs, hence why I'm picking-up Robo and ED.

Edit: And seriously? One of the finest movies ever made? Not even a sci-fi qualifier? :p C'mon, it's not the goddamn Godfather, for ****'s sakes. :lol

Meh, I liked it but to me it's just not on par with say Terminator and especially not something like Blade Runner. Never felt the need to rewatch it much which says it all for me. That said I enjoyed it and like the designs, hence why I'm picking-up Robo and ED.
Wow. We agree on quite a few things Sol, but there you go.

After all things I outlined - really?

Back