Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my $56 in Spooktacular reward points to pre-order this. I've been looking for an excuse to pick this up. It'll look great next to my Classic Pred and T-800.

That's basically what my collection is aimed towards.. Characters I loved while growing up.

Ditto, I plan to have figures only from movies that really affected me growing up. So I will have a small collection, mainly sci/horror from the 80's I miss so much.

I dunno know about that. I think it would have been announced by now. Plus they must have picked up on the fact that that film has had 90% negative reaction since day one. Alleviated a little by the trailer but not by much.

I dunno know about that. I think it would have been announced by now. Plus they must have picked up on the fact that that film has had 90% negative reaction since day one. Alleviated a little by the trailer but not by much.

Aside from Michael Keaton. It looks horrible. I like how they left one human hand there. Just makes it look even more like a suit then it already would have.

Maybe it will be good idk I doubt it lol

It will be good guys, dont worry ... I hope they come up with the new robo figures... Assuming i will have money, cause i am already so tight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It will be good guys, dont worry ... I hope they come up with the new robo figures... Assuming i will have money, cause i am already so tight!

I think it will be watchable but that is about it. It will not have a one per cent of a legacy that the original left behind.

Look at it like this. The older one has a legacy for us. The newer one may be for some new kids. Our parents were nostalgic about their stuff, we ours and our future generation theirs. All i am saying is if every batman fan said that after 89 they will never be nostalgic about any other batman, it wouldnt make much sense right. I think you are right that it wont be what the original robocop was, but it dosnt need to be. I am a big fan of JK. And anyone who watched the killing i presume would be. I would love to have his version of robocop on my shelf. The movie i will judge only after watching.

Look at it like this. The older one has a legacy for us. The newer one may be for some new kids. Our parents were nostalgic about their stuff, we ours and our future generation theirs. All i am saying is if every batman fan said that after 89 they will never be nostalgic about any other batman, it wouldnt make much sense right. I think you are right that it wont be what the original robocop was, but it dosnt need to be. I am a big fan of JK. And anyone who watched the killing i presume would be. I would love to have his version of robocop on my shelf. The movie i will judge only after watching.

I wasn't really looking at the new Robocop with 1987 tinted glasses on to be honest Leon.

I'm basically judging this movie from the trailer and info I read on line and to compare it to the original would be foolish as most people would not watch it then.

I will give the movie a chance but in regards to owing a figure? Nah, even if the movie turns out great the design for me still isn't catching my imagination and definitely not making me wish for 1/6 figure of it.

I wasn't really looking at the new Robocop with 1987 tinted glasses on to be honest Leon.

I'm basically judging this movie from the trailer and info I read on line and to compare it to the original would be foolish as most people would not watch it then.

I will give the movie a chance but in regards to owing a figure? Nah, even if the movie turns out great the design for me still isn't catching my imagination and definitely not making me wish for 1/6 figure of it.

Makes sense with that logic! But if the movie does turn out kewl, not even the classic one that JK wears in the beginning? I thought that has a lot of details? Plus could have plenty of kewl moving parts if done right...

Makes sense with that logic! But if the movie does turn out kewl, not even the classic one that JK wears in the beginning? I thought that has a lot of details? Plus could have plenty of kewl moving parts if done right...

I can't see me buying anything from the movie and to be honest I will probably only buy the DVD when that comes out to view it.

With the original figure (87) being released I think putting a figure next to it from the Robocop 2014 movie would be cruel.

yfat.gif

there are legacies and there are lame stupid ugly remakes of legacies.
they are two totally different things. the second one is like eating something already eaten. i wouldn't love a turd on my plate.

they are two totally different things. the second one is like eating something already eaten. i wouldn't love a turd on my plate.

Too many people judge things too soon. They need to wait untill they see the finished product before making judgment IMO. Who really knows. It could be decent. People are acting like it's gonna be the worst movie ever made. Just because it's a reboot.

It doesn't need to be better then the first one to still be a good movie.

:exactly: It was done right the 1st time back in 86', it doesn't need a remake/update Period.

Also it is a matter of principle, hollywood thinks they can just remake everything for easy $$$ and that is starting to get on my nerves.

Back