Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... Things are getting very expesnive brother. I am gonna take a back seat and only buy things i really love. Buying "likes" is no more an option. Also, not like these are limited run. Its kinda becomming that every Tom, **** and Harry has them these days. Sometimes 2 or 3 of each.

Hot toys has lost its creativity in my view. When i saw samurai pred i thought they woll come up with 2/3 unconventional stuff each year.

What hot toys made in revenue by selling iron man, they lost in brand and people love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm getting out after T800 and Robocop comes out.

Would you sell your collection? Ive recently come back to collecting (first time for these collectibles) and already spent a fair share. I can only imagine what some of you die hard veterans have spent over the years.

Would you sell your collection? Ive recently come back to collecting (first time for these collectibles) and already spent a fair share. I can only imagine what some of you die hard veterans have spent over the years.

I don't allow myself to think about that. What I will soon spend on 89 Batmobile, DX13s and the new Robocop stuff will be a frightening enough amount.

After these things I too will endeavour to majorly cut back. No impulse buys. No new scales. No new lines/licenses. Stuff with childhood nostalgic appeal only - i.e no new films ('k maybe Terminator 5 even though it'll probably be crap)

Last edited:
I don't allow myself to think about that. What I will soon spend on 89 Batmobile, DX13s and the new Robocop stuff will be a frightening enough amount.

After these things I too will endeavour to majorly cut back. No impulse buys. No new scales. No new lines/licenses. Stuff with childhood nostalgic appeal - only - i.e no new films ('k maybe Terminator 5 even though it'll probably be crap)

Denial is my best weapon too lol.

And I couldn't agree with you more about childhood nostalgia. That's basically what my collection is aimed towards.. Characters I loved while growing up.

And I couldn't agree with you more about childhood nostalgia. That's basically what my collection is aimed towards.. Characters I loved while growing up.

That's what this hobby has been all about really. Holding onto that part of childhood at the total expense of growing up in my case :monkey3

The films of my childhood - Terminator 1 & 2, Robocop, Predator, Aliens, Star Wars OT, Batman 89 and Batman Returns, Superman, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future....other characters I liked but which didn't have films out at the time - Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk.

These are the only things that will get consideration from me now and I'm so far successfully cutting Predator and Alien from high-end collecting, successfully resisting Star Wars OT at high-end (well...the one figure HT have made so far), successfully resisting if the figure is crap (Indiana Jones), successfully not buying because they're taking their sweet time making it (BTTF and Batman Returns). With Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine and Hulk I'm not really interested in having multiple incarnations, only the ones I deem to be the most ideally representative. That leaves Terminator and Robocop, those are the two where I'm torturing my wallet pretty extensively. I'm actually looking forward to when those dry up.

That's what this hobby has been all about really. Holding onto that part of childhood at the total expense of growing up in my case :monkey3

The films of my childhood - Terminator 1 & 2, Robocop, Predator, Aliens, Star Wars OT, Batman 89 and Batman Returns, Superman, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future....other characters I liked but which didn't have films out at the time - Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk.

These are the only things that will get consideration from me now and I'm so far successfully cutting Predator and Alien from high-end collecting, successfully resisting Star Wars OT at high-end (well...the one figure HT have made so far), successfully resisting if the figure is crap (Indiana Jones), successfully not buying because they're taking their sweet time making it (BTTF and Batman Returns). With Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine and Hulk I'm not really interested in having multiple incarnations, only the ones I deem to be the most ideally representative. That leaves Terminator and Robocop, those are the two where I'm torturing my wallet pretty extensively. I'm actually looking forward to when those dry up.

And hopefully they dry up soon. This is starting to hurt!

For those that haven't seen this...something to watch while we wait :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UMS2HcdJg

Wow... The robocop looks awesome. Finally, some crazy work by hot toys. The die cast to me will give it that extra classyness. The ed on the other hand looks very plasticky. 410 , its way overpriced in my view. I am so waiting for my robocop and chair!

My list exactly, minus the bttf and Indy
Po robo, thinking about wolverine, have the 89 batman and want the enterbay bale 1/4 but can't do it, have both reeve supes and hulk

In truth I've never collecting anything from BTTF and Indy but they were films I particularly enjoyed during my childhood along with the others mentioned. So if HT were to reveal really really good figures based on those licenses I would be very tempted. Their Indy figure was poor though and they seem to have abandoned the license and it remains to be seen how BTTF turns out.

I had Nolan Batman stuff but I've sold/will be selling it all off. Sticking to the incarnations from my childhood and that would be Keaton Batman. Batman Forever also has an appeal but to keep it neat I think I'll only buy from the Burton films.

I am gonna take a back seat and only buy things i really love.
That's been my MO since day one. :huh :lol

I agree with Nige - the gimmicks don't add value to the figure, they make it unnecessarily expensive.

I'm praying the 2.0 RoboMurphy ends up being what I'm after; a great, faithful to the character set, & no stupid bells or whistles.

Yeah ? I might hold you to that. :exactly::hi5:

The number of times I've said I will just get that fig then call it a day.

I have two shelves I have to keep this stuff to to afford getting hurt by my fiancée :). T-800 and Robocop are grails for me all I have left for really. I could fit in a 1/6 movie Green Lantern in the future if that happens but otherwise yeah I should be done...at leat till Avengers 2 stuff comes out LOL

I don't think I could sell what I have as I am rather select about what I buy and love it all :).

Yeah I stick to the only buy what I really want rule book but even with that rule I still have more figure than I ever thought I would have and with more to come.

But again the main problem is the rising prices and to me as well with other people I can't/won't keep up with it.

In all honestly I have never added up the money I have spent so far or will do on PO.

In all honestly I have never added up the money I have spent so far or will do on PO.

Would it make you cringe knowing the actual total?

At this point I don't care what I spend, as long as I don't put myself into financial trouble. You can't take money into the grave, so enjoy it while you can. :)

Would it make you cringe knowing the actual total?

At this point I don't care what I spend, as long as I don't put myself into financial trouble. You can't take money into the grave, so enjoy it while you can. :)

Probably if I'm honest, not in an embarrassing way or anything like that but just seeing how much cash I have spent on this hobby.

But I'm not complaining and I only spend what I can afford but to add it all up is a no, no for me at the moment.

Dont add up. I have it on xl sheet with shipment, tax, custom material, extras, double figures, shelves, lights, etc. trust me it is not a pretty figure. Embarrasment is a very mild word. Only if one of those 1/6 guns would fire a bullet ... my wife would have shot me in my sleep. But its getting way too expensive to keep up :(

Back