Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does a gimmicky sound chip - add, to the quality?

You've lost me there.. :lol

Having a movie accurate figure with movie accurate sound is not gimmick, :cuckoo: the only thing gimmick is that 100 extra plastic chair.
Theres nothing wrong with wanting to hear my favorite cyborg cop say lines from one of my all time favorite movies :pfft:

Having a movie accurate figure with movie accurate sound is not gimmick, :cuckoo: the only thing gimmick is that 100 extra plastic chair.
Theres nothing wrong with wanting to hear my favorite cyborg cop say lines from one of my all time favorite movies :pfft:
I'm not knocking you for wanting it.. it's cool. :lol

I personally think it cheapens the piece.. but hey, we're all different.

Why does it matter if it makes sounds as long as the visual of the sculpt isn't compromised. Which it isn't from what I can tell.

It matters because:

A)"I talk!" - plus the die-cast, has made the figure more expensive, no doubt - &

B) as I said, "I talk!" amps up the rinkydink factor.. for me.. :huh

Why does it matter if it makes sounds as long as the visual of the sculpt isn't compromised. Which it isn't from what I can tell.

Exactly. Features like PERS can ruin a sculpt, especially if it breaks. Sound effects just add to the enjoyment, without compromising anything.

Yeah I seen that teaser buddy, I was just thinking that since nothing is official yet they may sway towards making it the Robocop 2 version.
Nah.. :lol

This one's going to be uber busted up - a unique release unto itself. Releasing a new RoboCop2 version, would just anger fans that bought the first one. It'd potentially have fresh armour - & the Weller face.

I don't see that happening..

Nah.. :lol

This one's going to be uber busted up - a unique release unto itself. Releasing a new RoboCop2 version, would just anger fans that bought the first one. It'd potentially have fresh armour - & the Weller face.

I don't see that happening..

True.

Robocop would be one of a select few figures that I would buy different versions of.

Imagine a clean Alex Murphy cop figure with this Robocop and then a fully battle damaged figure.

I can't wait for this figure. If I had to nit pick, it would be the over-sized shoulder rings and lack of the film's purplish-blue paint tones. But from what I've read, the paint may show up better in hand.

I am kinda bummed about the missing Murphy portrait, but it seems obvious to me that they're saving it for the battle damaged version. I might just buy the head separate after it's released.

Back