Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like I should hold off on the ED-209 since there seems to be problems with it. I got the NECA one just to hold me over, but wow is it kind of crummy looking when next to the Hot Toys figures. What's nice about Hot Toys though is that there is always the next toy if one takes forever to come out or you can't your hands on. I know I've only been involved with them for about a year but with the amount of figures they are putting out it seems like they are entering their prime right now.

Side note, has anyone here ever seen how much they charge for these figures at Universal Studios Orlando? Wow, a bit overpriced on some of them is putting it lightly.

I'd scotch the ED 209 if I were you, it was evidently a total cluster----, with rubber deterioration almost immediately out of the box. It's probably HT's second and last attempt at the character, which is a shame.

They sell HT at Universal?

I'd scotch the ED 209 if I were you, it was evidently a total cluster----, with rubber deterioration almost immediately out of the box. It's probably HT's second and last attempt at the character, which is a shame.

They sell HT at Universal?

Believe or it not they do. They have a fairly large comic book shop in the Marvel part of Universal Studios somewhat near the Spider-Man ride. I was there a few months ago and saw The Mechanic Tony Stark, Amazing Spider-Man 1 Spider-Man, The Avengers Hulk, and maybe a few others. I think they wanted somewhere around $350 for Tony Stark back when Sideshow had it for $225. The Hulk was $500+. Might as well just buy the two pack if you want the Hulk toy that badly.

Believe or it not they do. They have a fairly large comic book shop in the Marvel part of Universal Studios somewhat near the Spider-Man ride. I was there a few months ago and saw The Mechanic Tony Stark, Amazing Spider-Man 1 Spider-Man, The Avengers Hulk, and maybe a few others. I think they wanted somewhere around $350 for Tony Stark back when Sideshow had it for $225. The Hulk was $500+. Might as well just buy the two pack if you want the Hulk toy that badly.

Cool, I didn't know that. I guess Universal has to take its pound of flesh. :lol Tourists who don't know any better are getting suckered.

Yikes, is there nothing that can be done to repair or protect the dome on that ED? I got that a month or 2 back with a 25% coupon but have yet to find time to get home and open it. I don't think I can return it at this point...

Yikes, is there nothing that can be done to repair or protect the dome on that ED? I got that a month or 2 back with a 25% coupon but have yet to find time to get home and open it. I don't think I can return it at this point...

There have been problems with the rubber in other sections of the figure as well. Way to go Hot Toys. :mad:

Oh, I didn't even know there were other rubber parts on it. Such a shame... I really don't know whether to open it when I can or try to sell it MIB, which might be a longshot...

This thread truly sucks. Not you guys, don't get me wrong.

But the fact that all you read here are about fixes on a newly released figure is very sad.

Oh well. Some of you keep buying the damn thing, so whatever.

The fact that the rubber would deteriorate so fast, or even deteriorate at all...AGAIN, was unknown at the time.
I didn´t buy it again, I got an exchange to see if ALL are that bad.

Yeah there is.
Guys used Mod Podge to seal all rubber parts.
Curiously though it keeps all parts flexible, they say.
I used rubber care from a german company on mine.

On my first I saw the first cracks in the third week and couldn´t believe.
Here now, with rubber care...nothing so far and I´m in my fourth week with my 2nd ED.

Yeah there is.
Guys used Mod Podge to seal all rubber parts.
Curiously though it keeps all parts flexible, they say.
I used rubber care from a german company on mine.

On my first I saw the first cracks in the third week and couldn´t believe.
Here now, with rubber care...nothing so far and I´m in my fourth week with my 2nd ED.
Thanks for this information! I'll look into it. :hi5:

Back