Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the voice is awful. I couldn't even make it through OMG's video one time before I had to pause. Pretty confident I won't even test it once I receive ED.

It looks great which is the most important part, I knew it would sound bad and I never planned on using that feature much anyway.

Too funny. As bad as the voice is, I would still get this figure in a heartbeat if I had a spare $400 lying around. The voice feature is not something that I would ever use anyway so I wouldn't let it influence my decision to buy this guy.

I don't really think is influencing anyone's. It's just the fact that they have added it, charged us for it, and made it sound like ****.

It would've been way better not to add it at all, thus saving us a little $$. Not much I guess, but it's the whole principle of it. And there's the dome controversy that I'm a little inclined to give HT the benefit of the doubt, as some have mentioned that it could be improved.

An amazing piece that should be on any Robo's fan, that's for sure. But I understand the frustration of some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want it to deter people buying it either, the attention to detail is great aside from the bad sound clips.

I'm not bothered by the sound feature. Like many here, I don't plan to use it. But I also doubt it added anything to the overall price tag. I've heard better sound features on $25 figures (or greeting cards, for that matter), so I doubt it cost very much to include that feature here. At the end of the day, it's the detailed sculpting and crazy articulation, and not the sound feature, that made this a $400-plus dollar figure. So I don't feel particularly resentful about them including it.

I am eager to hear more about that dome, though.

I'm not bothered by the sound feature. Like many here, I don't plan to use it. But I also doubt it added anything to the overall price tag. I've heard better sound features on $25 figures (or greeting cards, for that matter), so I doubt it cost very much to include that feature here. At the end of the day, it's the detailed sculpting and crazy articulation, and not the sound feature, that made this a $400-plus dollar figure. So I don't feel particularly resentful about them including it.

I am eager to hear more about that dome, though.

You and many of us.

Back