Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not canceling ed-209 because of this . The figure itself looks so cool . I remember seeing ed for the first time and really being impressed by this evil robot . Just a killer piece to add to the collection .

Hey all, the ed209 is an amazing piece, but like many others have said, the ed's voice (not the background screaming noise, mechanical noises, stomping, machine guns going off) does sound off compared to the audio from the actual movie. Please make your own call on this. I'm just providing another video for you all to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgESkQkKsQU

My only concern is that HT dont mess up with Robo's audio when that comes out, then again i wont be playing the audio all the time. I believe the delay will most likely to do with the diecast stuff. They have been knocking everything out on time or sooner than expected. (figures that arent diecast)

If they're going to charge me for a talking RoboCop, then I want the voice to be movie accurate. If they're not going to make the voice movie accurate, then reduce the cost of the figure and get rid of the thing altogether.

''I am now authorised to not sound like the movie''

Its like a great as ed is and they charge so much money and then they do such a bad job on the voice feature, did they think
we would not know what eds voice sounds like? I just never thought a professional company like HT with all their resources would
do such a poor job :dunno

I remember that moment as a kid too. I probably looked like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" when he first laid his eyes on the Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle.

they do a really poor job concidering their resources with aliens and predators, nothing unexpected )

In their defense though HT is always focused on too many things and then theres Tsang. Its not that HT are incappable of doing preds
just they dont try hard enough compared to other lines.... cough... IM.

In their defense though HT is always focused on too many things and then theres Tsang. Its not that HT are incappable of doing preds
just they dont try hard enough compared to other lines.... cough... IM.
in their defence it's important to say that there's is like no 1/6 company to compete with them at all )
but on the other hand it's the factor that lets them drop the ball on quality with certain items.
i personally don't think that ED sound is a fail for the overall figure quality, but only because i don't accept the sound as a part of the figure at all. i'm with those who say "that's not a baby toy to make sounds".
i understand people who say that a lame sound feature for extra money is unacceptable though. it's just that i wouldn't count every cent living in a country that cannot produce anything, so i accept whatever foreign companies charge for what they do for me.

in their defence it's important to say that there's is like no 1/6 company to compete with them at all )
but on the other hand it's the factor that lets them drop the ball on quality with certain items.
i personally don't think that ED sound is a fail for the overall figure quality, but only because i don't accept the sound as a part of the figure at all. i'm with those who say "that's not a baby toy to make sounds".
i understand people who say that a lame sound feature for extra money is unacceptable though. it's just that i wouldn't count every cent living in a country that cannot produce anything, so i accept whatever foreign companies charge for what they do for me.

This i completely agree. We complain a lot, the truth of the matter is that if these were made in US... I am very sure both production at a certain value cost, and quality would never go hand in hand. Its a big urban myth that things here can be made better with a higher quality control... Its mere paperware... Most foreign countries do remarkably better at production jobs (stand alone) and it seems even better when mapped on cost vs value output.

Having said that... Voice not matching is kinda epic fail for me.

Why did they not just use the film recording anyway?

I'd say its because they couldn't separate the line ''You are in direct violation of penal code.....I am now authorised to use physical force'' from all the other noise in the scene but did want to include it. They figured they'd have to redub that line and for consistency they redubbed the whole lot. Whereas NECA simply dropped that line and kept the rest as is for their ED-209.

And for that effort, for differentiate the lines and pulling them off clear, it´s alright, I say.
And I think the accent isn´t that big.
It´s ok, sound features are always difficult.
Especially when I think about the sound feature on NECA´s old 18" Eric Draven.

And for that effort, for differentiate the lines and pulling them off clear, it´s alright, I say.
And I think the accent isn´t that big.
It´s ok, sound features are always difficult.
Especially when I think about the sound feature on NECA´s old 18" Eric Draven.

What did that Draven sound like?

Maybe I'll be thrown out of this forum but listening to HT's ED-209 sounds last night via YouTube didn't sound bad to me, and I honestly couldn't tell an Asian guy did the voice

Back