Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone still missing this beauty. I just picked this up from gohastings.com for retail price last week. Got it today and to my surprise the box was sealed. No brown shippers,btw. Point is the other two figs I have got from them long after selling out at retail price they have come loose in original box but open and figures had obviously been removed. This still had seal. Awesome figure. Like Loki, why did I even have a second thought.

For anyone still missing this beauty. I just picked this up from gohastings.com for retail price last week. Got it today and to my surprise the box was sealed. No brown shippers,btw. Point is the other two figs I have got from them long after selling out at retail price they have come loose in original box but open and figures had obviously been removed. This still had seal. Awesome figure. Like Loki, why did I even have a second thought.

Looks like you lucked out my friend. Congrats :clap

I've had my widow for a few months now and i'm still not too happy about the way the hair on mine looks, any tips on grooming/styling it so it looks less poofy and messy? I've already applied some gel a couple of times but after a day or two it tends to spring back more or less back into its original shape.

Snakey Jones, you can try using some wet styling gel to get it the way you want it, but then place something around the head to help the hair keep its shape. A cylindrical piece of plastic (like from a plastic baggy) should work, but it needs to be a tight fit so that it conforms to the face and locks the hair in place while it dries.

@Peanut
Dang, I honestly never thought to try that, seems like that would do the trick.
Many thanks!
Will a ring made from paper do?

Last edited:
Snakey Jones, you can try using some wet styling gel to get it the way you want it, but then place something around the head to help the hair keep its shape. A cylindrical piece of plastic (like from a plastic baggy) should work, but it needs to be a tight fit so that it conforms to the face and locks the hair in place while it dries.

I was wondering why she came with a ring of plastic wrapped tightly around her hair/face. Anyway, I was worried about the hair, but the one I received yesterday came out of the box looking movie accurate.. IMO.

@Peanut
Dang, I honestly never thought to try that, seems like that would do the trick.
Many thanks!
Will a ring made from paper do?

It might, so long as you can get it tight enough. If you use paper then warp that around the head and use a small rubber band to secure it in place. The rubber band will help the paper hold the hair in place too. Don't just use a rubber band though, I've once had a rubber band leave an indentation in the plastic of my figures face. It wasn't a HT fig but I still wouldn't be willing to take the risk. The smaller the rubber band the better, so long as you can get it over the paper covering the figures head without it snapping.
Good luck!

Aside from putting her in different clothes and headsculpts, I have seen people outfitting her with different weapons as well. The Glocks she came with are pretty weak for a well rounded (pun intended) assassin (another pun here, I guess). I for one am not advance in doing mods, so for me I am getting her more weapons.

So far, I have got her:
1 short Loki scepter
1 long Loki scepter
1 Coulson destroyer gun

My thought process is that I think I want to go for weapons that are either in-universe or something that fits her size and frame. I am leaning towards something she will likely carry (meaning no huge machine guns, like MK46), so I am getting her a H&K G36K next.

What are you getting her? M16? AK47? MP5?

Last edited:
Do someone try put her jumpsuit on body with large...front? From phicen?
Exactly this body:
nEO_IMG_212718tadb6wybjciw878b_zps344a9f74.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Phic...1743?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f26b9f8ef

Or
$(KGrHqN,!isFEQy)Rit,BRNRDB6EnQ~~60_12.JPG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triad-To...8558?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a2a15f54e

Last edited:
Do someone try put her jumpsuit on body with large...front? From phicen?

Why??? "some-what" seamless bodies are not meant to be clothed...Beside trouble fitting or getting it to fit on different bodies.

However due to modularity of HT female parts, you can just switch to upper torso of the present BW2 body.... pop the arms and lower body off.

Torso with larger boobs that you can use are Jill Valentine (2 figures), Saeko Nogami, Amber,.... that's it, rather limited.

There's also the "far too big" Black Widow version 1, and the far too orange skin Angelica.

There are also HT female clones.... from Kumik and Play Toy (as shown below)... M being some-what bigger and XL being Mellons...
You could probably fit the M size in the suit, not with XL...
559887_560042237360244_986413429_n.jpg

Last edited:
Why??? "some-what" seamless bodies are not meant to be clothed...Beside trouble fitting or getting it to fit on different bodies.

However due to modularity of HT female parts, you can just switch to upper torso of the present BW2 body.... pop the arms and lower body off.

Torso with larger boobs that you can use are Jill Valentine (2 figures), Saeko Nogami, Amber,.... that's it, rather limited.

There's also the "far too big" Black Widow version 1, and the far too orange skin Angelica.

There are also HT female clones.... from Kumik and Play Toy (as shown below)... M being some-what bigger and XL being Mellons...
You could probably fit the M size in the suit, not with XL...
559887_560042237360244_986413429_n.jpg

elar, the pale Alpha body isn't dark enough for Widow's head. Here are some links that show HT heads on Triad Alpha bodies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/codenamesilentg/8526552996/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/codenamesilentg/8327844860/

Thanks for answers! Well, I don't want it for BW figure, but I want make Domino figure (from X-Force, she have similar suit with white big...you know :D ). But yes, Phicen for suit is useless.

Ooh for Domino? Then yes, yes the pale Alpha would work. However, if you like the Play Toys body above, they're also selling it in 'Asian' skin tone.

Well, I never build any girl figure, so I'm open to any opinions for good body ;) I will try find some play toy ;) And can I use BW's hands with this body? Thanks ;)

Can't wait to see your Domino custom, I've been thinking of building one of those myself. Need more female super heroes in my collection.

Back