Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just paranoid about my little plastic family x.x

I was wondering if anyone has ever had issues with the crotch grabber damaging their figurines. I have her sort of sitting/lightly being supported by it, and was wondering if it might damage her suit.

I've put a picture for reference.

widow1.jpg

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just paranoid about my little plastic family x.x

I was wondering if anyone has ever had issues with the crotch grabber damaging their figurines. I have her sort of sitting/lightly being supported by it, and was wondering if it might damage her suit.

I've put a picture for reference.

View attachment 457600

Mine has been on it’s stand since new and has had no problems.

Mine is currently "sans stand" but when I used the stand with her previously (and it was for a fair length of time) I never had any issues or saw any damage. :)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. I think I'll leave her as is. I don't want to over tinker with it and damage her. :D

Sort of related - are waist grabbers likely to damage them? I have Scarlet Witch set up and have the waist grabber to support her, but I was worried that it might pinch her outfit. I don't really like fiddling with them unless I have to.

Sorry (again) for bumping this...

I noticed there's a bit of of a pucker/bump along her wrist where the hand meet the arm. Is it worth trying to flatten out, or is this just me being worried over nothing (Reviewing older photos she seemingly has always had this).

widow2.jpg

Again, sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to this.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Colle

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to fit the A1 black widow outfit on a different, thicker body. I have the A1 black widow but I don't like how skinny it is. Just wondering if the outfit would fit on a different body, like the infinity war bw body. Trying to see if I can do a kitbash of some sort.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Colle

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to fit the A1 black widow outfit on a different, thicker body. I have the A1 black widow but I don't like how skinny it is. Just wondering if the outfit would fit on a different body, like the infinity war bw body. Trying to see if I can do a kitbash of some sort.

If only someone had tried that.
And posted their results.
within the last few posts.
if only there was some way to scroll back a few posts and read what other people write.
If only...

If only someone had tried that.
And posted their results.
within the last few posts.
if only there was some way to scroll back a few posts and read what other people write.
If only...

If you're talking about davejame's post then I've already seen that. I'm not interested in modding the current body, I want to swap the bodies completely.

Finally got around to modding my A1 Black Widow with a curvier body, which is something I've been wanting to try for awhile. I used magic sculpt to thicken the upper legs and inserted a bunch of padding underneath the rubber torso to widen the hips and waist and make the boobs and butt a little bigger. Since the body was just looking way too thin and lanky before. And I also switched out with an old AOU sculpt that I repainted the eyes on. I'd prefer to use a CW head but this is all I had available at the moment.

I'd love to do the same mod to my other BWs, but unfortunately their outfits seem a lot more restrictive and don't have the same kind of give as this one.

View attachment 456098

View attachment 456099

View attachment 456100

Looks fantastic :clap

If you're talking about davejame's post then I've already seen that. I'm not interested in modding the current body, I want to swap the bodies completely.

The IW figure has a smaller bust, but is otherwise the same female body we've seen on all the previous BW figures (and pretty much every other female figure from HT), so I don't think switching it out will give her a curvier look unfortunately. If the IW figure looks a bit curvier, it's probably only because of the extra layers it has or the way they constructed the outfit.

The IW figure has a smaller bust, but is otherwise the same female body we've seen on all the previous BW figures (and pretty much every other female figure from HT), so I don't think switching it out will give her a curvier look unfortunately. If the IW figure looks a bit curvier, it's probably only because of the extra layers it has or the way they constructed the outfit.

Ahh, that's kind of disappointing :/ Oh well, I guess I could attempt to mod the current body like you did. You're custom looks great by the way! Thanks for the reply.

I felt super lucky finding this version of Natasha in decent price. :) Now my Bucky is not alone anymore. :D

49623625806_4ab6a0bae7_z.jpg

She is really pretty and the likeness is very nice!

Does anybody know how to safely remove the belt on this figure? I'm trying to customize it and pad out the legs but the belt gets in the way when trying to take off the suit.

Back