Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmm, let me think of a reason why........?

Widow_zpsdf6800da.jpg

ha! nice try, but no. i don't even want her head (though i will probably find some use for it), and that body suit's getting zipped up.

: D

I had that same issue, but I decided to just get what I wanted from both and eliminate what I really didn't need for the collection to work. So far it seems to be working but if you are trying to get both full sets, not many people can. Hot Toys was not real smart with the game planning on the release dates for the Dc and Marvel lines. I had to cancel Bane to keep Joker, Black Widow, and Thor. :( Maybe I can get Bane down the line though.

I just cancel my pre-order on this figure, I decided to finish collecting all the dc/batman figures for now collecting both marvel and dc would be impossible for me, justn ot enough cash at the moment, good luck to whoever gets my order :)

I had that same issue, but I decided to just get what I wanted from both and eliminate what I really didn't need for the collection to work. So far it seems to be working but if you are trying to get both full sets, not many people can. Hot Toys was not real smart with the game planning on the release dates for the Dc and Marvel lines. I had to cancel Bane to keep Joker, Black Widow, and Thor. :( Maybe I can get Bane down the line though.

Sounds like you made a good choice imo.

Also this figure is

ilu0JGfDXc6mD.gif

I can not get enough of these gifs. :clap Fantastic lol

And as much as I want Bane he's not essential. Batman and Joker are really all you need to represent the Nolan trilogy. Since I have Cap and Hawkeye if I skipped the rest, like Black Widow or Thor, the collection wouldn't look right because it's the Avengers, where Batman is a self titled solo hero. Maybe that's just the OCD talking, but if I miss one figure from the core 6 of the Avengers and only have 5, I might as well sell the rest lol

And as much as I want Bane he's not essential. Batman and Joker are really all you need to represent the Nolan trilogy. Since I have Cap and Hawkeye if I skipped the rest, like Black Widow or Thor, the collection wouldn't look right because it's the Avengers, where Batman is a self titled solo hero. Maybe that's just the OCD talking, but if I miss one figure from the core 6 of the Avengers and only have 5, I might as well sell the rest lol

:hi5: i agree 100%

these new pics are looking great the hair looks much better than the first photos i saw, is there a lot of messing about to get it like that?

I've heard it takes awhile to make perfect, that you can manipulate with your hand or use some kinda of doll hair product; i think i would go the free route and just use fingers

these new pics are looking great the hair looks much better than the first photos i saw, is there a lot of messing about to get it like that?

The only thing i did to mine was push up on the hair a little from underneath. Out of the box it was pretty flat, so pushing up gave it a little more volume. Problem is that you can't do it too much since the hairspray used to hold the style is pretty stiff.

With how great they made BW's hair I kind of wish they would have done the same with Thor. The sculpted hair looks good but there are scenes from the movie that I would have like to replicate but can't with sculpted hair. Plus if it's done right it makes the figure look loads better and more realistic. Like BW

Black Widow is an awesome figure no doubt, but those sleeping on Bane will probably regret it. IMO he's one of Hot Toys' best figures.

Black Widow is an awesome figure no doubt, but those sleeping on Bane will probably regret it. IMO he's one of Hot Toys' best figures.

If I had the funds for him right now I'd jump on it. He looks amazing and it shows in every picture that I've seen. Hot Toys knocked it out of the park. If he's still around next month I'll pick him up for sure since I don't think that there is really anything coming out next month but Loki and I may pass on him, but right now my wallet is on life support lol

Received my Black Widow today! First Hot Toys figure.

photo_2.jpg

Dang, was just going to settle for Black Widow, Catwoman, and maybe Iron Man Mark VII, but now I want the whole Avengers set. Maybe I will get one a month. Too bad Hawkeye is already sold out. I guess I will have to use Ebay or Amazon unless you guys know a better place. Man this is going to be expensive.

I agree. I was originally just going to own Hulk, Hawkeye, new Black Widow and then just keep the first movie Thor, First Avenger Cap and Mark IV Iron Man I have but decided once I got hawkeye and Avengers Cap in hand that I need the main four FROM the avengers movie.

Also agree about what you said about Batman and Joker. I would (personally) also add Catwoman to that short list, but only because I thought HT did a ridiculously awesome job on her headsculpt (still not a fan of the rooted hair though) however, I'm not too fussed about getting Bane, considering how expensive he is when he's basically just a muscular tru-type figure with a headsculpt that has a permanent mask on it and no real accessories aside from hands and a coat :slap

I got so much flack at work today it's not even funny. Of course, it didn't help matters when just yesterday my Testors Harley came in for my other "doll" Cyberdyne Arnie.

Last edited:
Back