Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that a guy that hits every single target, from whatever distance, without seeing, that's pretty much a superpower. It's not humanly possible to do the things he does with a bow and an arrow. Just like BW, both are, as Tony said, a couple of master assassins, trained since they were kids and they, somehow, got their skills so trained that it has become superhuman. That's what I think anyways :lol

Have you ever met a US Navy Seal? Just sayin':lecture They are pumped out in pretty good fashion. They can do that and more.

I have him, pre-ordered all of the Avengers. He unfortunately is part of the Avengers team, and it doesn't look right without him for the dio I am going to setup. Thank goodness I only spent $140 for him.:lol

Just because a figure is scarce doesn't intrinsically make it valuable as well. This figure standing alone is not worth over $400 bucks, period. Not worth over retail to me personally, but right now he is going for what it sells for. I have nothing against Jeremy Renner, he is a very good actor. Hawkeye as a superhero (especially as a Avenger) is just not my cup of tea. Hated him in West (Left) Coast Avengers too. LOL!

Everyone doesn't have to love everything man. Diversity is a good thing. Hawkeye was a terrible character in the movie, my opinion and probably shared by many people.

Lets rollcall Hawkeye in the movie:

1) Became Loki's ***** in the first 10 mins of the movie
2) Get's *** kicked by a girl. (I just love saying this one)
3) Flys the Avengers Jet right into Loki and gets it shot down.
4) Runs away from the fight to help a bus of people that are in the clear while the others are fighting.
5) Has Iron Man take him up to a secluded tall building away from the fight so he can be "the eyes in the sky"
6) Uses advanced 11th century technology as his "superpower". Really a bow and arrow? I respect archery, but this is more a skill than a superpower, no?:rotfl

Whats not to love?:peace

Listen and berate me now, 1 year from in the future this figure will be under $300 dollars and probably lower. I think Hawkeye lovers have the figure and Avengers completionists will finally have it by then.

simply another case of the initial non-interest of the collector causing a small production run. hot toys stops making them, the retailer's stock dries up, and now everyone wants to do a dio. and the price rises higher and higher to dizzying heights. glad i own one too. :hi5:

Even better point. They aren't that dumb. I'd take seal team 6 against Hawkeye any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Considering he uses a pistol in avengers and almost got a sniper rifle in thor, i think that would make him more of a badass, mastering any kind of weapon :wink1: and, no disrespect to any kind of army or special forces, but in the MARVEL UNIVERSE, even cap american and his SHIELD were more badass than the army forces in avengers, so... but then, again, just my opinion :lol

Considering he uses a pistol in avengers and almost got a sniper rifle in thor, i think that would make him more of a badass, mastering any kind of weapon :wink1: and, no disrespect to any kind of army or special forces, but in the MARVEL UNIVERSE, even cap american and his SHIELD were more badass than the army forces in avengers, so... but then, again, just my opinion :lol

You paid a obscene amount of money for a Hawkeye didn't you. :lol

I know you are qualifying your statement with Marvel Universe but still, he has done nothing "Superhuman". At 80 years old does hawkeye still possess these powers? If he dies of prostate cancer at 55 was he really "Superhuman"?:rotfl

"He's just a man without a suit."

Uses advanced 11th century technology as his "superpower". Really a bow and arrow? I respect archery, but this is more a skill than a superpower, no?:rotfl

Seriously, it's a superpower!. I have a bow and shoot in my spare time.
I can get decent groupings at 30 yards or so(Pics below), but the ability to hit moving targets you aren't even looking at *does* qualify as a super ability.
It's like Bullseye.
Barton just can't miss.

Ultratech1.jpg~original

IMG_1502_zps727fc311.jpg~original

IMG_1499_zps8bd69d63.jpg~original

IMG_1500_zpsf1357438.jpg~original

IMG_1351_zpsce20ec6a.jpg~original

IMG_1350_zps8b79e76a.jpg~original

Seriously, it's a superpower!. I have a bow and shoot in my spare time.
I can get decent groupings at 30 yards or so(Pics below), but the ability to hit moving targets you aren't even looking at *does* qualify as a super ability.
It's like Bullseye.
Barton just can't miss.

Hell, I'd take Barry over Hawkeye.:clap

You spare time and hit in the center.

Are you really comparing real life people to a comic book character?

Absolutely to frame the discussion.

What constitutes a "Superpower"?

Comic fanboys go all over the place with the Marvel Universe crap. So to narrow the discussion topic I am tring to keep this question grounded, which I believe is what they were trying to accomplish with having Hawkeye and Black window part of the team in the first place, no?

You paid a obscene amount of money for a Hawkeye didn't you. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Nah man, I was lucky to get him for his initial price here in Brazil. Figures are already a bit more expensive, but it was the cheapest price, considering the price in retail. I payed more for Mark VII and Loki, way more, and for the initial price as well :lol

I just like him and BW, as well as Green Arrow. They are marksman, it's absurd how they get every single shot right. And for a person that has already tried a bow and arrow, I know how ****ing difficult it is to even try and get a target right :lol

Absolutely to frame the discussion.

What constitutes a "Superpower"?

Comic fanboys go all over the place with the Marvel Universe crap. So to narrow the discussion topic I am tring to keep this question grounded, which I believe is what they were trying to accomplish with having Hawkeye and Black window part of the team in the first place, no?

Is this even worth arguing though? Who really cares if perfect aim should be considered a super power or not? I mean, of course it's ridiculous for an archer to be a super hero, but it's just supposed to be a fun summer movie. His fight scenes were well choreographed, so I'm happy.

Is this even worth arguing though? Who really cares if perfect aim should be considered a super power or not? I mean, of course it's ridiculous for an archer to be a super hero, but it's just supposed to be a fun summer movie. His fight scenes were well choreographed, so I'm happy.

Nobody is arguing. From my observations on this board I do not think many people are engaged with discussions in their work or adult lives.

This board is a place to offer opinion, but it seems people get their jollies off of being first to accuse someone with differing opinions as "fighting".

Need to get stones or thicker skin.

This conversation is in the Hawkeye thread and if you are coming in here are reading it, join in the conversation or find another thread. You found it intresting enough to comment. So are you looking for a medal for telling the hawkeye bully to stop it?:)

If you don't like it, igonore me.:peace

Back