Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movement in his left arm. You know how some poses have him extending that arm backwards to reach an arrow or pulling it back to look to hold the arrow? Can't move it so those poses look real. I'm also afraid of damaging him so I didn't do it too hard. I'll keep trying. Practice makes perfect, right?

Yeah. Don't be scared. It's basically a TTM19 body, so it's pvc over a plastic skeleton. It's very resilient. You will feel when it has actually reached it's limits.
And it's actually really hard in real life to get an arrow from a back quiver. I use a side quiver myself(But that would never work for an action movie, lol).
Likely the best you can do is to get as close as possible for those types of shots and rely on camera angles to hide the distance.

Anyone know if there is a place in San Diego that sells Hot toys figures?

There was a Colluseum comics in the Escondido mall when I lived there and I don't remember seeing it during a prior visit, but my memory is poor. I know there's one in Balboa, but I never paid attention to their figures. They might have some.

Last edited:
That's okay, it's just good to know you've had some experience with them before. This is (obviously, duh) my first order with them and I'm (surprise!) a little anxious. Or impatient.
Probably both.

Had kind of a long drawn-out experience with Corner Store Comics and I'm hoping things move quicker with ToyAnxiety. Of course, the hold-ups with CSC weren't even their fault so I don't hold it against them. The exact same situation (split shipments I think) is in place for Hawkeye so at least THIS time I'm *expecting* a longer wait.

I have ordered from them before but I didn't know when they received theirs so I have no reference. Sorry.

Tuesday seems far away. :( It's the only thing I hate about collecting and ordering online. The waiting is sad.

Tuesday seems far away. :( It's the only thing I hate about collecting and ordering online. The waiting is sad.

That's the best thing about living only two hours away from SSC. All my orders (unless ship Fri) are over night.

Then again it always seems my ups drive seems to make me his last stop of the day. Unless I met him at Jack in the box. Yet if I. Don't anything coming I see his truck pass me before 12pm.

Telling you someone is out to get me.

ive lived here in SD for about 6 years and havent seen any shops that sells hot toys. there is comics-n-stuffs in malls that sell sideshow figures and a anime shop in mission valley that sells koto stuff.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. Makes me think that these things are very exclusive.

Got mine toda. OMG the freaking arrows are a major pain in the butt to get in their slots properly. And I made the mistake of starting on the outside (visable) ones first. START with the hard to see/hidden ones in the middle first! It will be much easier for you in the long run!

The figure is great other than the time consuming arrow installation. But you get a sense of just how useless Hawkeye was in that last fight. He had like 16 arrows to shoot :lol I think a less fancy quiver without special arrow tips might have been better for him so he could have a crap load of arrows instead.

D788D017-7DF0-43BD-A564-E5215EE86FDE-3800-000003BDFCB20AFE.jpg

I live in San Diego and am yet to see a single Hot Toy figure at any comic shop. There are Comics N Stuff in El Cajon and Chula Vista, and there used to be one in MV mall which closed....none of them have ever had any.

There is a store up in Thousand Oaks (not exactly close) that always has some, as well as a display of awesome PF figures....Dream World Comics. Great store, and they are in the process of moving to a space 4x the size of their old store.

Best place in So Cal I've been for HT figures is the Frank & Sons show up in Industry, CA. That place is Nerd Heaven.

I live in San Diego and am yet to see a single Hot Toy figure at any comic shop. There are Comics N Stuff in El Cajon and Chula Vista, and there used to be one in MV mall which closed....none of them have ever had any.

There is a store up in Thousand Oaks (not exactly close) that always has some, as well as a display of awesome PF figures....Dream World Comics. Great store, and they are in the process of moving to a space 4x the size of their old store.

Best place in So Cal I've been for HT figures is the Frank & Sons show up in Industry, CA. That place is Nerd Heaven.

I've been going to Frank & Sons since 1994. Agree with you. Nerd Heaven indeed.

Got mine toda. OMG the freaking arrows are a major pain in the butt to get in their slots properly. And I made the mistake of starting on the outside (visable) ones first. START with the hard to see/hidden ones in the middle first! It will be much easier for you in the long run!

I was worried about the arrows after reading all the stories on here, but i found it really easy and to get the clip on his back. I just started on the inside and used a mini screwdriver to guide them into the slots. Same with the clip on the back. I just pulled the strap away from his back a little and the clip just slotted on nice and easy. :yess:

I normally struggle and get frustrated with things like this, so i'm glad it went easy for once. :lol

Alright, for those of you who will eventually receive a Hawkeye and change your mind about keeping him, PM me =)

Woo! Finally scored a pre-order at BBTS for this figure. Glad I didn't miss him.

I have seen a number of these so called figures. Going up for sale. One has to wonder if many people have been canceling or they just made more.

I glad you got one, but so did everyone else that was on a wait list.

I have seen a number of these so called figures. Going up for sale. One has to wonder if many people have been canceling or they just made more.

I glad you got one, but so did everyone else that was on a wait list.

I attributed it to someone who had a WL at Sideshow cancelling their BBTS order once that one went through. Who knows though, when I put it in my pre-order list it immediately went to sold out on the page, so I guess I was just lucky enough to catch one.

Back