Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, my father had recently died and with him not being around to help me out I figured selling some of my stuff to get myself straightened out (bills) wasn't a bad thing. As for the amount, I'm talking thousands, not hundreds.

I assume your talking statues and such, no 1:6 stuff fetches thousands, does it?

I assume your talking statues and such, no 1:6 stuff fetches thousands, does it?

Well over a hundred mint on card GI Joe 3 3/4" figures from 1981 up into the early 90's, whole series. Plus a half dozen Veh.s MIB, Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Zartan/w swamp skier, etc.

Thats coming from a person who probably has kids and is 32 years old. Some people make great money at there job and find time to, flip, do activities and work on their hobbies.

You forgot, "Doesn't live with mommy, having to collect on an allowance." ;)

If I still had my entire Star Wars collectionMOC and MIB, I'd be able to buy a house in Malibu, pre-recession. :(

You forgot, "Doesn't live with mommy, having to collect on an allowance." ;)

If I still had my entire Star Wars collectionMOC and MIB, I'd be able to buy a house in Malibu, pre-recession. :(

I assume you mean the original run of 12 inch SW figs?

I have the entire rehash of small figs and cant give them away :(

People who make great money dont have to flip toys for profit....

Some people would like to have more cashflow to perhaps buy a house in a better location while the housing market is cheap or re invest the money in their other business or other figures. Not everyone is in the same position in life. That is why I never say jack to people about what they do with their own stuff unlike others who think there is a written rule (their rule, the dont sell it till you die rule).

Well if there wealthy scalpers out their then I can see how that would annoy folks.

I love my Hot Toys but if the fit ever hit the shan, they would go. The only figures I would ever keep till I die is my Masters of the Universe classics and vintage.

So are some waitlist orders still being processed for this item or is it dead in the water?

What is the highest time someone's WL converted at? Mine converted at 07:41 and I've had mine a couple of weeks now:dunno Also, what the general feel of this fig now that a lot of people have it? I mean, it's a HT pred so it's awesome, but now that I've had it a while I look at it and think "what was the big deal besides the supposed low #'s?" The only new things about it are the bio and re-breather mask have new sculpts, and a new paint app. Still not getting rid of mines though:clap

What is the highest time someone's WL converted at? Mine converted at 07:41 and I've had mine a couple of weeks now:dunno Also, what the general feel of this fig now that a lot of people have it? I mean, it's a HT pred so it's awesome, but now that I've had it a while I look at it and think "what was the big deal besides the supposed low #'s?" The only new things about it are the bio and re-breather mask have new sculpts, and a new paint app. Still not getting rid of mines though:clap

I had a Predator Dio 1 convert a year later :lol but it's not this piece, just thought I'd share an amazing story :D

I kind of feel that way too, but he's grown on me. The more pictures I take and the more I pose him, the more he starts to feel like a member of the P2 family ;).

It cleared since it was shipped but I know it was 13's. I think it was 13:41

Also, what the general feel of this fig now that a lot of people have it? I mean, it's a HT pred so it's awesome, but now that I've had it a while I look at it and think "what was the big deal besides the supposed low #'s?" The only new things about it are the bio and re-breather mask have new sculpts, and a new paint app. Still not getting rid of mines though:clap

I think you've hit the nail on the head - it's a HT Predator, largely rehashed parts, with the love/hate reaction that presents. The variation means this should only appeal to those who are fans of 'non-core' Predator designs.

Personally, I love the fact that one of the coolest Predator designs finally got a 1/6 figure, and for me the colour & mask variation justifies the price cost. I've mixed feelings about using the "Ram" Predator's colour scheme on the Guardian; it makes complete sense in terms of making this Predator more distinct from the "Hero" Predator, but it does detract from screen accuracy.

IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1464.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg

Thanks friends. It's actually the boiling water rubber band method. Put it in boiling water for 20 seconds and then immediately put it in a cold glass of water with ice for 30 seconds (have the glass of cold water ready ahead of time so everything's pretty cold by the time of the transfer), then to the freezer for 5 minutes. That's what has worked for me. I used the same method on my P1 a month ago and the dreads have stayed in place since.

SUCCESS!!!!! Thanks to, Commtech:lecture:lecture I followed your instructions and he turned out GREAT!!!:yess::yess: Looks 100 times better!!!

Back