Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very interesting. Maybe I was right that they might be getting these in 11th hour and just won't have the time to get a lot of them on the truck for SDCC. Seems like they should have just gone the Sarah-1000 route and just offered him as a non-con item all together. Because now everyone is freaking panicked about this and tomorrow there will be blood :lol

That is pretty much what they posted on their Facebook page.

In part:

keep in mind, a wait list for Non-Attendee will most likely be opened, it's just the Attendee allotment that we're unlikely to be able to fill, due to time constraints, since they would have to be brought to the show

This morning's craziness had me worried about tomorrow, but i guess it shouldn't be quite the same...experience. Although with the panic in the air, there could still be a rush of folks thinking this is going to be even more difficult to get than it was before...

I'm not sure I'll even bother trying for it. To do so I'm going to have to go to work late (family business though so I could do this without consequence) and it could well be for nothing.

You know, I have been ordering from Sideshow for years and they have THE BEST pre-order system. Those of you who think this is a disaster probably haven't dealt with Mattel, Hasbro, or Gentle Giant. Now they have one hiccup which I am sure there is some reasonable explanation and everyone flips out. To put it in perspective, this is the ONLY problem that I have ever had with Sideshow, and I don't even know if this qualifies as a problem. So, lets say they only have access to 50 Preds for attendee's, then those could easily sell out in 10 seconds. I am sure there were at least 150 people online waiting to purchase these at 10:00 AM. Boom, then it makes perfect sense. Now, if more of us are able to get one tomorrow, regardless if it has to be shipped or not, then it probably is a logistical issue with Hot Toys not having enough production in time for SDCC, which is why the Sarah Connor T-1000 now says 3rd Quarter. Maybe the other 250 preds are made available tomorrow. All I am saying is that we don't know the whole scoop and they deserve to be cut slack. I am basing that last part on the fact that I have NEVER had an issue with Sideshow ordering until now.

My unsolicited $0.02.

That is very interesting. Maybe I was right that they might be getting these in 11th hour and just won't have the time to get a lot of them on the truck for SDCC. Seems like they should have just gone the Sarah-1000 route and just offered him as a non-con item all together. Because now everyone is freaking panicked about this and tomorrow there will be blood :lol

:clapI'll stick to this story. I'm convincing myself that SS only had a small quantity for SDCC. Four hundred and ninety-five tomorrow:yess: since they only had five today.

I didnt know the company hottoys when all the preds were available. So i want this one, because i love the look of the figure,and it will be my first hot toys pred. I wish ive known hottoys earlier, when the released the p1:( i love that pre so much.

that makes sense, same reason why i missed out on the AVP figures and predator 2. I was just wondering, wasn't trying to criticize, just curious. :)

I'm not sure I'll even bother trying for it. To do so I'm going to have to go to work late (family business though so I could do this without consequence) and it could well be for nothing.

i think its still worth a shot, who knows, our order might go through.

I am not confident that I will get one, nor am I doubting it. I am neutral. I do not know what to think. They said on the phone and I quote "Everyone who wants one will get one." I am not sure how to take that, I told her I hoped she was right. She said that there was only a certain amount that they could take to the show due to space available but that there was TONS more space back at the warehouse. She will remain a she for two reasons' 1) I don't want anyone to call and ask for this rep just to say complain if they did not get a Guardian and 2) I can't remember her name for the life of me.

Maybe this can give someone piece of mind and allow them to sleep. I am still staying up until 1:00 PM(10:00AM but in Ohio time) playing Xbox. Hit me up if you wanna chat.

I am not confident that I will get one, nor am I doubting it. I am neutral. I do not know what to think. They said on the phone and I quote "Everyone who wants one will get one." I am not sure how to take that, I told her I hoped she was right. She said that there was only a certain amount that they could take to the show due to space available but that there was TONS more space back at the warehouse. She will remain a she for two reasons' 1) I don't want anyone to call and ask for this rep just to say complain if they did not get a Guardian and 2) I can't remember her name for the life of me.

Maybe this can give someone piece of mind and allow them to sleep. I am still staying up until 1:00 PM(10:00AM but in Ohio time) playing Xbox. Hit me up if you wanna chat.

i hope the one who told you this, knows what they were talking about.
thanks elder, i feel a little better now after reading this.

prepare..................women & children first................:horror
titanic_sinking.jpg

I said earlier that it was weird that this wasn't streamlined. Thinking, perhaps, the ES was much larger now. They streamlined that Phase I trooper which obviously didn't need it. But, since this isn't a SS product might explain it not being streamlined. It's all wishful thinking right now 'cause we won't know until tomorrow. Come on tomorrow!:gah::impatient:

about 3 weeks ago i had the $ saved up to get my guardian pred. now this was stupid on my part, my wife sees i have 200 bucks she thinks of other ways to spend it. so i wisely spent it{on h.t. what else} before she could. so now im out a pred but i figure someone will be hard up for money one day and sell theirs for a good price. crosses fingers.

Were the more rare Predators (Scar, Celtic, Chopper and Elder) exclusives of some kind? Just wondering since some sellers list them for $600+ on eBay- kind of like this one...

Has anyone even checked sideshowtoy.com? They're already sold out of the PREDATOR 2 Guardian Predator.

I don't know if that means they're sold out for day 1 and they'll have more available for day 2 tomorrow or they're completely sold out.

My best guess is this item has completely sold out! Us non-attendee's didn't never have a chance... getting one retail that is.

Part of me wants to believe there will be more tomorrow and that they just sold out for day 1, but the better half of me knows better. It's sold out. :gah:

Back