Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT_Tron-Legacy-SamFlynnCollectibleFigurewithLightCycle_PR4.jpg

Is that Daniel Craig? :monkey5

Well I was going to drop Ghost Rider and purchase this pending final stats. Now that he can't get off the bike I'm not going to make the purchase.

I think it still looks really nice but overall I like buying my Hot Toy's so I can pose them. Being stuck to the bike is pretty much a downer.

I don't understand why they don't make the Sam figure at least removeable so that you could buy their regular Sam release and then pose him next to it. Seems like a swing and a miss by HT's.

Is that stat for it being 42" long correct (TWSS)? Geez!

Well I was going to drop Ghost Rider and purchase this pending final stats. Now that he can't get off the bike I'm not going to make the purchase.

I think it still looks really nice but overall I like buying my Hot Toy's so I can pose them. Being stuck to the bike is pretty much a downer.

I don't understand why they don't make the Sam figure at least removeable so that you could buy their regular Sam release and then pose him next to it. Seems like a swing and a miss by HT's.

Is that stat for it being 42" long correct (TWSS)? Geez!

I'm sure that the specs are in metric, so ~17" in length. Also, look at the last picture posted, the one of wheel detail. You can clearly see Sam has been removed.

hopefully HTs fixes something because as it is now is plain Retarded, ill add though that if they do 12"figures i WILL have them all

So essentially since the figure is a statue piece itself....the price is basically for a 1/6 lightcycle right?

I'm sure that the specs are in metric, so ~17" in length. Also, look at the last picture posted, the one of wheel detail. You can clearly see Sam has been removed.

Okay well that makes sense then...at 42" I figured there had to be something I was missing.

"- One (1) one-piece undetachable black-color Tron Warrior suit with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated) with data disc at the back"

When I read the above I took that as undetachable from the bike but you're right you can see there isn't a figure on the bike in that last pic. Really wish they were including a Sam that could be posed next to the bike though. If it was all included in this offering I might have just had my Tron Legacy collectibles finished. Of course that doesn't make them as much money as milking us for a poseable figure AND the bike.

Agree with 'jex and the rest, would really like to see some pics of this in normal lighting. As for now it's a pass still.....

i dont get ANY interference... you must be using a PC...

Well yeah, if you're not using a mouse on a PC then you can't really get any interference, but I mean, you're not doing anything so I don't see the point in using a mouse.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It also depends on where you are

This is probably the best bet HT has on vehicles at the moment. There is no way they could sell enough of these to be profitable just being the cycle. They learned that with the TDK vehicles (remember they lost money on that one but were committed enough to finish the project. Kudos HT). There is no way they would sell enough if it was a figure cycle combo because the price would be way too high. You know that it would be in the neighborhood of$400-500. So they make an easily producible figure on a relatively complex cycle at a price point around $200-250 that the average collector could swing. They then produce a fully developed figure that will price in at the normal range. This allows collectors to get the cycle and figure but still have the option to buy the fully realized figure too. People are more likely to purchase the cycle with figure then just the cycle alone. Those that don't want the cycle aren't forced to pay a premium price if all they want is the figure. I think this is a win for HT and collectors. It gives us the best options and still covers HT.
Ill bet that this figure is removable even if its not suppose to. If and when I get this and the full figure, I for see a mod in my future of the two.

Well yeah, if you're not using a mouse on a PC then you can't really get any interference, but I mean, you're not doing anything so I don't see the point in using a mouse.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It also depends on where you are

i meant a PC, as opposed to a MAC. which come standard with wireless mouse and keyboard and trackpad... no interference.

So they make an easily producible figure on a relatively complex cycle at a price point around $200-250 that the average collector could swing. They then produce a fully developed figure that will price in at the normal range. This allows collectors to get the cycle and figure but still have the option to buy the fully realized figure too.

I think all of us freaked out cause we thought this was all we were getting. The way I saw it was, if there was an actual figure in the works, what was the need for a fake figure unless they were not going to make one.

But what you said makes much more sense. I bet a lot of collectors skipped the Bat pod cause they couldn't afford the figure and didn't want an empty bike. They probably are thinking about TRON collectors who don't buy HT stuff and would be scared off by the price

It had BETTER. BTW, when are they going to release the price on this?
When are who going to release the price? They're showing up on ebay from $270 - $330.
I think all of us freaked out cause we thought this was all we were getting. The way I saw it was, if there was an actual figure in the works, what was the need for a fake figure unless they were not going to make one.

But what you said makes much more sense. I bet a lot of collectors skipped the Bat pod cause they couldn't afford the figure and didn't want an empty bike. They probably are thinking about TRON collectors who don't buy HT stuff and would be scared off by the price
I agree with why "the need for a fake figure unless they were not going to make one.", but not the rest. The way I see it, why would you just buy the Batpod and not the figure? The price is even more scary with an added fake figure. I'd rather they sell the bike and figure separately. I just wish they'd release more information about their intentions for any particular line so, as a collector, I can budget and choose more wisely, but with HT's record for marketing, that aint going to happen.

This is going to be much cheaper than the AKIRA Bike plus Kaneda for sure! And both of them are going to look great on my shelves :p

Back