Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This image suggest that the figure is removable.

I would buy this, ditch the plastic figure and pick up a true 1/6 figure ( despite not being compatible) If that was an option. I'd rather display it without a driver and pose the figure like he's taking off his helmet or something.

I just wish I knew what Hot Toys was planning :gah: :panic:

In looking at the specs it doesn't exactly say the figure isn't detachable from the bike, just that the outfit is "undetachable" as most clothes on HT figures can be removed etc.... Could just be confusion in the translation though.

Also wish I knew what HT was planning :gah:

this looks great but will probably be a pass, but what annoys me is hot toys can do two different head scuplts for this but they couldn't make a second (cillian murphy) HS for their scarecrow figure.

Wow, that's a nice bike and figure! I've been a fan of Tron since I first saw it as a kid. I hope the new movie lives up to the hype and is as good as it's predecessor. Regardless if the movie is good or not, this will go great displayed next to my Akira bike. Now to wait for the pre-order to go up.

I'm surprised by how many people are disappointed in this. I think this is an awesome setup. The figure will look perfect on the cycle, and the light up feature will be unencumbered. Sure it's more of a statue, but there's not much else I would do with the thing other then sit it on the shelf and turn the lights on.

I'm positive there will be real 1/6 figures coming from this license, but if not, this represents Tron Legacy better then anything else available.
I just hope I can afford it when it comes out.

One thing I wish they did was give it a base with a light up beam trail off the back end that you could place the cycle in.

Buy the Razer Tron Mouse & Mouse pad, working lights & sound and you will leave a bike trail whenever u move your mouse on the tron mouse pad.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ulg5sG8NHjE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ulg5sG8NHjE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

im hoping there is a possibility to take him off. it seems to me from the description it may mean....

there are statue legs to pose him on the bike...
and then when you take him off there are some standing legs, but for the most part SOME of his articulation is stuck SO THAT he can light up on his suit more...

just my hopes... ive never been a statue collector, and even though most of my figures stay ina single pose for a long time, it would be nice to be able to have the option of him standing near the bike...

UNLESS they announce a quorra (olivia wilde) figure, then i could pose her standing next to sam on the bike, and that might be enough for me.

Good to see you around these parts again Darren. Been ages.

Thanks man, yeah been too long. lots going on here though. Constant painting/sculpting, worn out/broken computer (thankfully replaced), dying pets..... no time for forums :( lol

Was really excited for these figures and have now lost all interest what with him being permanently stuck on the bike. I really value the number of different display possibilities a figure has when considering whether it's worth the asking price, and this figure has exactly one pose for $250, which to me makes it the worst value Hot Toys figure ever.

Its a nice looking statue though.

this looks great but will probably be a pass, but what annoys me is hot toys can do two different head scuplts for this but they couldn't make a second (cillian murphy) HS for their scarecrow figure.
I think that has more to do with the license than HT's ability.

I'm surprised by how many people are disappointed in this. I think this is an awesome setup. The figure will look perfect on the cycle, and the light up feature will be unencumbered. Sure it's more of a statue, but there's not much else I would do with the thing other then sit it on the shelf and turn the lights on.

I'm positive there will be real 1/6 figures coming from this license, but if not, this represents Tron Legacy better then anything else available.
I just hope I can afford it when it comes out.

One thing I wish they did was give it a base with a light up beam trail off the back end that you could place the cycle in.
We're all getting spoilt, but I think some peoples expectations are getting unrealistic. I fail to see how an articulated figure could sit on the bike in a good position and light up convincingly as well, some might consider this a compromise, I think it's the best solution to the problem. And I'm sure we will get some articulated 1/6th figs as well!?

this thing will look great next to the batpod.
Ohhhh yeah! (said in the style of the Yello track in Ferris Bueller)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Q7FFjUpVLg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Q7FFjUpVLg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
This presentation is simply stunning, my main concern is the battery power and life. If someone with electronics know-how can say whether a few cell batteries is enough to emit the bright lights required for this bike/figure, I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

Cancel that, just reread the spec:

**Battery included for Collectible Figure, button cells are required

**Battery not included for Light Cycle, 3A batteries are required

Going to have to invest in some heavy duty rechargebales as I want the lights on permanently, at night anyway.

And I thought this line was a definite NO for me but it looks so cool, depending on the price I might get this.

Thanks man, yeah been too long. lots going on here though. Constant painting/sculpting, worn out/broken computer (thankfully replaced), dying pets..... no time for forums :( lol

I remember being in touch with you years back about a possible Jack Shephard figure. Sent you loads of reference and everything...never came to fruition, but it does still make me go 'what if'.

As for this figure, I'm glad I wasn't hyped for it or I would be de-pressed. Looking forward to Clu though and that young Bridges sculpt.

the most disappointing part is that arms don't sound movable. There are some cool scenes with Sam holding a disc while driving.

No articulation = Pass for me.

Yes, the bike looks cool, but I want the option of having the SAME figure on the bike or off of it. Come on Hot Toys, you are creative enough to have figured it out.

Anyway, I'll wait for the regular, 1/6, articulated figure.

Back