Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this pic clearly shows him OFF OF THE BIKE!

we are going to be ok! i doubt it will be a super poseable figure... but he DOES come off it seems. which is fine by me. he had better at least have elbows.

77170_461672107343_58690437343_5968438_7218082_n.jpg

The arms and upper body are all solid plastic. No joints.

114904a9mfkfma499m17af.jpg

If this is 1/6 scale, then the bike is perfect and all we need is the real figure. We just need to pretend the plastic figure is some cheap VIP exclusive bonus :monkey3

I think the "figure" itself dont even had a TT inside the body or a rubber suit. It will just be a cast of ABS or PVE with paint. But HT is making the right choice here, a fully poseable figure wil rubber suit will not last long sitting on the bike. :pray: or it will be way too expensive.

$250 is the HK retail price, what sideshow will charge I dont know. :pfft:

This is an awesome figure and bike. I have to say I dont think id be getting it. :( but im curious to see photos with out the effects and photoshop. Just out of curiosity how vibrant it is without. Just my thought.

The arms and upper body are all solid plastic. No joints.

114904a9mfkfma499m17af.jpg

If this is 1/6 scale, then the bike is perfect and all we need is the real figure. We just need to pretend the plastic figure is some cheap VIP exclusive bonus :monkey3

that could be rubber at the elbow and knee, just like batman, you cant see his joint. but its underneath. it says he has a bendable leg...

Three (3) pieces of legs including:

(1) pair of bending legs for riding position (left leg is interchangeable)

(1) extra piece of interchangeable straight left leg for breaking position
Pretty sure that just means the legs are sculpted bent else there would be no reason to have the swappable leg for the "breaking postilion".

Interesting approach to this one, I wonder if they'll release a separate, fully poseable figure...

So I was thinking about the regular figures which HT may or may not make...

I'm sure it will be a tough job to make the lighting in the figures, especially in the limbs...
Would you guys prefer a less articulated figure with full light function, or a fully articulated fig with say full light-function in the torso and something other for the limbs, like reflectors, or perhaps glow in the dark?

I also thought of the following... I don't have an IM fig myself, so I don't know this, but do the hand repulsors have seperate switches, or are they switched on together with the ARC? If it's the latter, than HT should be able to run the wiring needed for the lights through the articulated arms, shouldn't it?

Otherwise, I could see them make a battery compartment for each limb or something... And make specialized bodies, with unremovable clothes with lightlines running through. There could be a loss of light at some joints like, hips, knees, and elbows, but those area's could be glow in the dark or reflecting... :dunno

Anyway, I think these are very interesting figs for HT to make, and I'm definitely hoping they do! (Sam, Quorra, Kevin, Clu) :pray:

And to answer my own question... I wouldn't mind taking articulation over a full light-up function. I'd be happy with a light-up torso and glow in the dark or reflecting limbs with some good articulation, should that be the case. I'm not planning on having the lights on constantly anyway :)

Do the hand repulsors have seperate switches, or are they switched on together with the ARC? If it's the latter, than HT should be able to run the wiring needed for the lights through the articulated arms, shouldn't it?

The hand repulsors can be operated independantly,a switch in each wrist,and the switch for the arc light is located beneath the right shoulder flap.

Would you guys prefer a less articulated figure with full light function, or a fully articulated fig with say full light-function in the torso and something other for the limbs, like reflectors, or perhaps glow in the dark?

A lack of articulation in this HT release would not be a dealer breaker for me. Having full light function throughout the figure will only add to the bad-ass look of this piece. Besides with the figure being encased in a rubber outfit with or without lights, I would think the articulation would be extremely limited anyways (especially in the torso) if it was also made to be removed from the light cycle. Case in point, I have a couple HT figures including all three of the Appleseed figures that have a limited range of poses due to them being in rubber outfits. I can't see how the figure would be able to stand and then posed in an extreme sitting/laying position on that light cycle in a rubber outfit very easily.

So I was thinking about the regular figures which HT may or may not make...

I'm sure it will be a tough job to make the lighting in the figures, especially in the limbs...

I also thought of the following... I don't have an IM fig myself, so I don't know this, but do the hand repulsors have seperate switches, or are they switched on together with the ARC? If it's the latter, than HT should be able to run the wiring needed for the lights through the articulated arms, shouldn't it?

Otherwise, I could see them make a battery compartment for each limb or something... And make specialized bodies, with unremovable clothes with lightlines running through. There could be a loss of light at some joints like, hips, knees, and elbows, but those area's could be glow in the dark or reflecting... :dunno

Anyway, I think these are very interesting figs for HT to make, and I'm definitely hoping they do! (Sam, Quorra, Kevin, Clu) :pray:

And to answer my own question... I wouldn't mind taking articulation over a full light-up function. I'd be happy with a light-up torso and glow in the dark or reflecting limbs with some good articulation, should that be the case. I'm not planning on having the lights on constantly anyway :)

I think they'll have transparent bodies with lights inside each limb and torso, then the clothes will have cut outs where the light lines are so the light will shine through.
Either that or have glow in the dark fabric lines.

They could have actual light up bendable cable in the fabric, I've seen such a thing when the topic of light up 1/6 scale lightsabers come up.

Medicom didn't even bother with lights when they made their Daft Punk Tron figures, it might not be even possible.

dont know if this has been discussed, but do the wheels of the bike turn at all?

and does anyone else find hottoys a bit sneaky this time around? they dont provide a single photo of the figure in normal lighting, and there's no final photo of the figure with spread out accessories like they usually provide. what gives?

that said, given the choice between a fully articulated figure with no bike and this static figure with the bike, i'd easily choose the latter. the lightcycle is no batpod, or kaneda bike. batpod n kaneda bike are both cool, but in the grand scheme of the story in their respective films, the bike scenes are just side dish to the main course, whereas in tron the lightcycle scene is the main event! it's been decades since i saw tron, n i honestly dont remember anything much from that film, except for the lightcycle scene. it is THE scene. n looks to me the lightcycle scene is going to be the major highlight again in the new film.

lightcycle scene is what they chose to show us in that very first teaser last year, it's what they have been parading in the promo and posters. it's that essential to the legacy of tron(pun intended). there's just no tron without it.

and also, head sculpt still needs work. just because it's a new face, an unknown actor, doesnt mean ht should get a pass with a less than perfect likeness.

Buy the Razer Tron Mouse & Mouse pad, working lights & sound and you will leave a bike trail whenever u move your mouse on the tron mouse pad.

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=https://www.youtube.com/v/ulg5sG8NHjE?fs=1&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Too bad it's a wired mouse.

I haven't decided on this yet. Looks really good, but I'm not sure I want to pay that much just for the bike since the figure is basically part of the bike. Have to wait and see.

Medicom didn't even bother with lights when they made their Daft Punk Tron figures, it might not be even possible.

Medicom and Hot Toys are not even in the same league when it comes to engineering. Just because Medicom couldn't be bothered doesn't mean Hot Toys won't.

Back