Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped back in to see if there were any updates and to see what others had said and saw this release was only up to 11 pages!

Seems most the time we get pics and stats for a new HT's figure there are pages of comments and discussion.

Maybe Tron Legacy isn't on many peoples radar. Really surprised that there hasn't been more comments made.

Popped back in to see if there were any updates and to see what others had said and saw this release was only up to 11 pages!

Seems most the time we get pics and stats for a new HT's figure there are pages of comments and discussion.

Maybe Tron Legacy isn't on many peoples radar. Really surprised that there hasn't been more comments made.

I know I haven't chimed in yet because it isn't really a figure. It seems to be be more like a statue or premium format. So, that right there took me totally out of the equation. I won't be ordering this for Christmas. Definitely looking forward to the movie though.

I know I haven't chimed in yet because it isn't really a figure. It seems to be be more like a statue or premium format. So, that right there took me totally out of the equation. I won't be ordering this for Christmas. Definitely looking forward to the movie though.

Yeah I'm psyched for the movie and planning on seeing it opening weekend. My interest there is what got me excited for figures from the film, if it's good that is.

I just think it's crazy there isn't more response here. Most of the time I find the new HT's figure thread it's already up to page 20 or 30 or something....

I'm so so so so so so getting this, it looks awesome, the light up feature will rock if they dont cheap out on it like they've done on some figures, and to all the haters out there at least were getting it from Hot Toys after the money they lost on the bat vehicles, and at least we get a figure WITH this, plus this will have the realistic plastic modelling and sculpting of Hot Toys for god sake so you know that it will be awesome, like a statue only more realistic, besides the lightcycle forms around the rider so having a non-removable figure makes sense to authenticity and the ability to have a more solid functioning light-up system.

I know the draw is supposed to be the light cycle but I still want a figure from Tron. A full on figure like Medicom did with Kaneda and his cycle.
I'd be really excited to have this bike with a figure and the original with young Flynn or even Tron himself.

will the data disc be removable? Also.....would any of you wear this belt?
JC0PT.jpg

I have to say, since it'll be a while until this comes out... if they announces some more figures (like a fully articulated Sam and a fully articulated Clu) and the price on this is not outrageous... I'll be more interested.

sometimes, it's hard to understand the negativity from some of u people. this is first and foremost all about the lightcycle. it's a bonus that we're getting a figure, which to me is a smart move after the batpod/batmobile money-losing exercises from ht. they're just trying to add more value to the lightcycle by including the figure, which to me is actually the accessory and not vice versa. the batpod was already running close to this price and that didn't come with any figure, statue-like or otherwise.

we should be judging this piece on what matters... and based on the pics, the lightcycle looks gorgeous. i've been waiting for ht's announcement on a 1/6th version and this so far is more than meeting my expectations.

also, i seriously doubt ht would make a lightcycle that has a figure permanently attached to it. it just doesn't strike me as the way they'd approach it, aesthetically as well as from an engineering pov. esp aesthetically, they'd want the bike to look cool on its own. besides, that close-up pic of the bike minus the sam figure pretty much disproves the belief that it's undetachable.

i will be getting this for sure. if they make a quorra, then it'll fulfill my need for a poseable figure to accompany the bike. and that's all i need. :D

I'm surprised at the lack of interest in this. If I wasn't paying out vets fees these past few months I'd be all over this.

It's a friggin' 1/6 scale... light up.... LightCycle!!!

I've wanted a good lightcycle for YEARS. Never thought it would:

a) be from a NEW Tron movie
b) be this big
c) be of this standard of quality
d) LIGHT UP

maybe it's just me though lol

i meant a PC, as opposed to a MAC. which come standard with wireless mouse and keyboard and trackpad... no interference.

May i disagree sir, I have been using a mac my whole life (media use) I am a MacMonkey. None of their wireless mice have ever worked properly. The latest is the worst, looks lovely, response time is awful and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. This not on a single Mac, nor is it with a single mouse. They just do not work properly for very long.
:(

i can already hear the toilet flushing my money that i am spending on this down the drain. Looks tremendous, who cares if he's attached to the ridiculously beautifully executed light cycle.

sometimes, it's hard to understand the negativity from some of u people. this is first and foremost all about the lightcycle. it's a bonus that we're getting a figure, which to me is a smart move after the batpod/batmobile money-losing exercises from ht. they're just trying to add more value to the lightcycle by including the figure, which to me is actually the accessory and not vice versa. the batpod was already running close to this price and that didn't come with any figure, statue-like or otherwise.

we should be judging this piece on what matters... and based on the pics, the lightcycle looks gorgeous. i've been waiting for ht's announcement on a 1/6th version and this so far is more than meeting my expectations.

also, i seriously doubt ht would make a lightcycle that has a figure permanently attached to it. it just doesn't strike me as the way they'd approach it, aesthetically as well as from an engineering pov. esp aesthetically, they'd want the bike to look cool on its own. besides, that close-up pic of the bike minus the sam figure pretty much disproves the belief that it's undetachable.

i will be getting this for sure. if they make a quorra, then it'll fulfill my need for a poseable figure to accompany the bike. and that's all i need. :D

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap:clap

I wonder if they have plans if this figure is successful, to make a old lightcycle and original TRON figure! Perhaps a Sark??

What do you mean "u people"?

hehe j/k. I don't care personally about the negativity. It's expected.

Truth: we're all very excited about this film.

Truth: if the movie doesn't live up to expectations, an expensive toy from the film is much tougher to swallow.

Speculation: If the movie ROCKS, all of us will want this piece, some of us will buy it.

I think a lot of us just want more info. What's to come, what's next. Because these cost so much money, we want to spend our money on the things that interest us most.

I'm already spending waaaaaay too much on a movie that I have no idea how it will turn out.

The new soundtrack has leaked, very good, but sounds VERY like Zimmer's Batman scores.

I want vintage TRON, but if the movie is any good I will pick this guy up.

Back