Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya i cant believe it myself, but man this fig is going 2 rock!, im interested to see what the packaging is like ..if its the same style as the previous dx releases then i guess that will become the standard box design for the dx line.

wouldnt the box be kinda empty with lots of space though? since this one has lesser stuffs, compared to the previous bats and joker DXs.

I think its out in HK this saturday, like all HT releases. Which means, it'll be up on ebay Sunday, bid it, shipped monday and arrive Friday, next week :yess:

wouldnt the box be kinda empty with lots of space though? since this one has lesser stuffs, compared to the previous bats and joker DXs.

I think its out in HK this saturday, like all HT releases. Which means, it'll be up on ebay Sunday, bid it, shipped monday and arrive Friday, next week :yess:

Any particular ebay dealer your getting it from? ...i hope 2 get one asap 2.

I was thinking the packaging will be similar to the previous MJs. The TDK DX boxes don't suit him well.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea on what the "Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture" actual means? ..im just curios as both this and whiplash seem to have it and in that proto pic of the MV you can see a whiplash sculpt with his hairsculpt separated into several different pieces ..i know it cant just mean the hair comes apart to access the pers as joker had this but he was never mentioned as having this Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture in the specs for him.
Could it be just a fancy way of saying ..hey we put a bit more detail into our hairsculpts.

i know this is a bit old but i think stereoscopic means the hair was digitally created and then etched onto the plastic with the aid of a laser or other light refracting tool to give the illusion of hair volume and depth :dunno

i know this is a bit old but i think stereoscopic means the hair was digitally created and then etched onto the plastic with the aid of a laser or other light refracting tool to give the illusion of hair volume and depth :dunno

Well if thats what it is, it sure didn't work very well on the prince dastan figure:slap.

Last edited:

Same here! Although, im not to fond of the $180+ prices ive been seeing. Although, this figure is a DX there is nothing that is included with this set that justifys that $180+ price tag! Its nothing more than the average TT body with MJ likeness headsculpt & clothing. The clothing is great & detailed but the price just isnt doing it for me....Hopefully gohastings will have a sale!

I was thinking the packaging will be similar to the previous MJs. The TDK DX boxes don't suit him well.

Yes, Ive been wondering about the box(art) as well. Previous DX boxes just wont suit this fig, since it dosent come with that many accessories. Really eager to see the box art!

well, its not the only thing wrong with the dastan figure. the hair,the neck,the likeness, etc :lol too bad. i was really looking forward to the figure till the pics came out.

Ya i was disappointed at how the fig looked 2(but it still may be fixed given all the negative feedback and it may yet become a good figure)
But i really don't care if its fixed or not ..if it is, i can add a nice new fig to my collection and if its not its one figure that i don't have to buy:) ..+the news on figures from assassins creed 2 is making me almost forget about dastan.

Yep, Ezio would have way more shelf presence than Dastan.

Ya id feel a regular non-collector would have to ask me who dastan is..especially if his likeness stays how it is ..an etzio or altair would be immediately recognizable to the average person id imagine.

Id be tempted to buy some twilight dolls and have etzio killing them ..that would make 4 an awesome display:)

he he shamone!(just 2 stay on topic)

Theres quite a few good HK sellers out there. Clot_master would be one. Ive had a good experience with him for the DX joker.

If you dont mind to wait a bit longer (2-3 weeks), Id totally reccommend the China sellers as well, as they are cheaper too, since they are getting the bulk stock. My personal favorite would be assultrabbit or loonten toys. They give the cheapest price and reasonable shipping.

Re: Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' stoyspec and pics

Theres quite a few good HK sellers out there. Clot_master would be one. Ive had a good experience with him for the DX joker.

If you dont mind to wait a bit longer (2-3 weeks), Id totally reccommend the China sellers as well, as they are cheaper too, since they are getting the bulk stock. My personal favorite would be assultrabbit or loonten toys. They give the cheapest price and reasonable shipping.

There two of my favorites 2, im currently waiting on mech test tony from loontentoys:)

Just got mech test this morning from him, well packaged and he included the original hot toys outer box.

I think Toy Hunters have him in stock, as they were showcasing him.
Shamon Mother ____er
34139_416881462824_171015147824_4495418_2307042_n.jpg

The Box looks really nice

Back