Hoarding Dealers/Collectors at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would NEVER be the case for much sought after exclusives.

hasbro mcquarrie old ben and yoda. what happens when there is so many of an item and the dread scalper can't sell them for a profit...he takes a loss.

when you buy anything, there are no guarantees. i've taken hits as well as made profits.

Agreed.

the money that I made went straight into another scalpers hand for the Pan bust. Eventually, everyone flips stuff. QUOTE]

Hey, what did you have to pay for that... if not comfortable posting in public would you send a PM? I'd like one, but am worried what it would set me back.

~$204, plus $10 shipping. I wanted it bad. I was in the line too, but too far back, watched them sell out. Auctions are up to about $250 now. I wish I had known about earlier and I would have gotten one of the $150 BIN.

~$204, plus $10 shipping. I wanted it bad. I was in the line too, but too far back, watched them sell out. Auctions are up to about $250 now. I wish I had known about earlier and I would have gotten one of the $150 BIN.

I was just looking at the closed listings. A few sold at $150. :banghead

Last edited:
Well, STAR WARS tends to drive the scalping market for the most part.

I think it was worse in the 90's with the POTF reissues.

Scalpers concerned with securing the .0001 figures and camping out for delivery shipments. :rotfl

Keep it civil guys, and don't turn this into a flipper/scalper debate please...

...and you made me waste my 8500th post!

Guys check out my bad ass post count. You are all the best. Thanks to my six beers and nap in the bathroom I now feel wonderful and refreshed. I would like to personally toast Dave to my 7th beer. :duff

I got your back Lonnie. :lecture

If people dont buy scalper prices, scalpign will not happen... Ive learn that if you are patient enough most times you will get what you want... when a scalper finds himself with mountins of toys he cant move, he will ethier have to sell them lower then reatils or return back to whatever store he bought them at... This would help all the collectors if ppl would just be patient.

They're not toys, they're action figures:lol

I knew when I first started posting on these types of forums that it is useless to argue scalping. It is a widely accepted practice on more boards than just this one. And it can be called scalping, flipping, or whatever rationalizes the act for the seller. But at the end of the day, it is up to the buyer to chose whether they will support the practice or not. And, although I used to (mostly by buying, but not completely by buying), I do not any longer. But I also don't judge and hate based on whether a person scalps. Everybody does messed-up things. And I know that I have a choice to participate or not to participate. And I now choose not to participate.

Am I the only person who thinks its creepy and kind of wrong that Irish is out there taking pics of random people anyway with the purpose of ridiculing them on a public forum? :monkey3

flipping is an acceptable part of collecting

I would say thats a subjective statement depending on who you talk to.

Its a part of collecting, but I personally don't feel it should be accepted.

In the end the reason I dislike scalping is that it ends up driving up even retail prices of future product because it adds cost to something that I don't value, rarity.

If SSC sees a $350 PF selling on the aftermarket for $700 they'll just up the next PF of the same rarity to $400, etc.

Eventually people like myself that don't value rarity gets priced out.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks its creepy and kind of wrong that Irish is out there taking pics of random people anyway with the purpose of ridiculing them on a public forum? :monkey3

I think its more disturbing that most of modern America says we can't ridicule people for the choices they make.

I would say thats a subjective statement depending on who you talk to.

Its a part of collecting, but I personally don't feel it should be accepted.

have you ever sold any collectible at anytime in your life for more than you paid? if your answer was yes, then you're a flipper.

Back