Hoarding Dealers/Collectors at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mighty Muggs have got to be one of the worst licenses ever for Star Wars aside from the customs chopper cycles with characters riding on them.

Though I have to get Admiral Ackbar for my small Ackbar collection.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical? :monkey5

What is with these people? They spend pretty much ALL of their time at the con standing in lines for junk that (mostly) will be available after the show... even some of the exclusives.

Get a load of this dude I snapped a pic of outside of the SDCC Exhibit Hall on Sunday:

hordingdealer.jpg

:horror

What a jerk. People look to make a quick buck everywhere.

Again, you're just refrencing the thread in general as being disrespectful and I don't see it. Maybe you can quote the personal attacks?

If you mean the fact that this conversation is happening at all is "vindictive" then I think you're wrong. Being respectful of people's right to choose doesn't mean you can never talk about the choices. Its how you talk about it and personally, I haven't read mean spiritedness.

Edit: rereading the thread there are a few goofballish bickering between a few members but nothing that is really related to the overall conversation of flipping/scalping.

I started it all when I called someone a d!ck, which I fully standby, because I found his response to my attempt at expalining how hoarding and flipping this stuff is no easy task rather offensive.

Man, I don't care what anyone does with their money or their stuff. I collect for the joy of it. If some ****** wants to buy up every so called "exclusive" as an investment item; good luck. If anyone is buying collectibles as an investment, stop wasting your money. I only buy what appeals to me and since I am an "out of the box" collector, I may buy an extra in case my first breaks or needs parts replaced. Other than that, I buy what I like because it appeals to me. Plus anyone who know about collecting will tell you it is the pieces that are UNPOPULAR during their first run that go up in value over time.
Anyway, if this rant has a point, it is that although I am not a fan of these practices (scalping/hoarding), I won't stop some J***O** from doing it. Just don't be surprised when your boxes of crap sit on your shelves for years.

i think this is a pic of a store owner in calgary, i think this whole 11 page thread is for NOTHING! seroiusly. If its him (which it looks like him)he owns of the of biggest store in calgary.

Excpet for the Cobra GI Joe exclusive and even the IM Mighty Muggs. Those were sold out and I don't think will be available again.

Both were available Monday on Hasbro's website. CC is now sold out but he was still available for a short time.

If you look at the pic he only has the ML Hulk sets and the Vader figure from Hasbro so the Iron Man and CC figure shouldn't matter. He didn't have them anyways.

The Hasbro exclusive are VERY easy to obtain after the Con if you want them.

If this guy had 4 cases of the Pan's busts THEN yes I'd admit that he was smart to buy them at the con. I still say that it was still a waste of time on his part.

isnt that nash?

No, I don't buy little cheap toys. Im an elitist remember? :lol

seriously though, some of you need to chill and have a beer. you guys take this hobby wayyyyyy too seriously, even when im making a stupid comment you guys get riled up. :lol

I guess that depends on if you think Bowen's stuff looks good to begin with:chase

Sideshow vs Medicom is so 2006. Let's start up Sideshow vs Bowen for '08-'09 :rock :lol

Again, you're just refrencing the thread in general as being disrespectful and I don't see it. Maybe you can quote the personal attacks?

If you mean the fact that this conversation is happening at all is "vindictive" then I think you're wrong. Being respectful of people's right to choose doesn't mean you can never talk about the choices. Its how you talk about it and personally, I haven't read mean spiritedness.

Edit: rereading the thread there are a few goofballish bickering between a few members but nothing that is really related to the overall conversation of flipping/scalping.

Not at all man. I was just making a comment to Alice where he said anyone who got one of Sideshow's 20 Bowen FB statues and isnt really buying it to keep is F'ing him over personally. IMO that's a retarded thing to say.

Last edited:
Really guys who cares? I mean everyone tries to make a quick buck from flipping, especially in this hobby. I doubt there is anyone on here who hasn't flipped something now and then, granted this guy is a little extreme. But think of how much of a pain in the ass it must have been to get all of that stuff and for what a few percents of profit? Really this is no big deal I would've rather been to panels and booths anyway.

Not at all man. I was just making a comment to Alice where he said anyone who got one of Sideshow's 20 Bowen FB statues and isnt really buying it to keep is F'ing him over personally. IMO that's a retarded thing to say.

I think you missed the point to Alices post

I believe he was commenting on those people who buy up exclusives on mass in an attempt to sell them on to make a large profit from it. If everyone took that attitude

1500 exclusives getting bought at 10 a piece . . 150 people with that attitude and they are all gone for the best price available

So Im guessing if we got rid of the selfish pr*cks who just want to buy up limited pieces to screw money out of the rest of us then we'd be fine and dandy

I believe he was commenting on those people who buy up exclusives on mass in an attempt to sell them on to make a large profit from it. If everyone took that attitude

1500 exclusives getting bought at 10 a piece . . 150 people with that attitude and they are all gone for the best price available

So Im guessing if we got rid of the selfish pr*cks who just want to buy up limited pieces to screw money out of the rest of us then we'd be fine and dandy

The Bowen FBs offered on Sideshow's site was a limit of 1 per person was it not?

The Bowen FBs offered on Sideshow's site was a limit of 1 per person was it not?

No idea Dont collect Bowen - Personally I think SS policy on 2 max is bang on the money, it means the "profit goes to the right people" and keeps it affordable for the rest of us

Stops the likes of the guy in the pic getting into the mix

I'm not really looking for someone to blame here, I think you misunderstood my message. But then again, it's you, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

Isn't there purchasing limits for exclusive items? I know Sideshow usually limits exclusives to 1 per customer.

Two quick, not really related things.

1. Might Muggs is a fantastic thing for Hasbro as it's actually got my girlfriend buying Marvel and Star Wars stuff and helps taking the heat off when I show up in a week or two at the house with that BMF.

2. The guy with the 4 TRU B-Wings ... they actually have different stickers so you can make 4 different fighters. I think it's four.. anyway, maybe this guy is buying it for that purpose and NOT to flip them. Buuuut I guess we don't think like that.

Back