Hoarding Dealers/Collectors at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody here that actually got one of the (presumably) 20 Bowen Faux Bronze Captain Americas, Odins, Spidies, Thors, Daredevils that SSC recently had for sale? Are you planing to keep them? Or flip them? Unfortunately, I only had THIS chance to get one of them, since Bowen doesn't sell outside US. Needless to say, that I missed out on all of them during that PPO. I really wanted them bad. So, if YOU managed to get one of these, and intend to keep it, cool. If you intend to flip, you ^^^^ed this collector over pretty good.

I have no problems with flippers actually. Everyone is free to do as they please. But, I do have a problem with people having a double moral.

Actually, you ^^^^ed yourself by not being fast enough to get one. There's no need to put the blame on the others who had success in your failure.

Actually, you ^^^^ed yourself by not being fast enough to get one. There's no need to put the blame on the others who had success in your failure.

I'm not really looking for someone to blame here, I think you misunderstood my message. But then again, it's you, so I'm not surprised.

Ya know if someone want to give up or waste all their time in lines then they're ^^^^ing stupid. I mean in the end I you go there to see everything not just buy stuff.

Ya know if someone want to give up or waste all their time in lines then they're ^^^^ing stupid. I mean in the end I you go there to see everything not just buy stuff.

Yeah but look at preview night i would say over half were there to get EX items and get them up ASAP to get top dollar. Thats why its so much more crowded on that night.

Yeah but look at preview night i would say over half were there to get EX items and get them up ASAP to get top dollar. Thats why its so much more crowded on that night.

Very true. Thats why I did not even bother going after most stuff. Just was way too crazy.

Buy what you want, sell what you want. Easy motto.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

To me this guy seems a little naive. Out of all the exclusives at the con, Hasbros are probably one of the easiest to get afterwords since you can just order them online. He just wasted a ton of time at the con standing in line.

I believe that people who count on their income out of hoarding all the toys off the store shelves, selling them on ebay and claiming they are RARE VHTF and selling them for an exorbitant amount on a resale are pretty bad.

I mean it's one thing that collectors want to have these things for their own and won't buy tons of one figure, but just for their completing their sets, but you stack a scalper on top of that and what kids are able to ever find the figures they really want? I will buy my stuff, but will always leave a very fair share behind for others, and scalpers who come in and just take it all are just being jerks. It's a kids thing just as much as it is for the adult collectors.

Anyway I'm SOOOOO glad I don't collect those 3 3/4" figs anymore. That got to be a real nightmare trying to fight through the pegs buying those before the hoarders grabbed them all. The same ones I still see in the stores in the morning. They don't care about those things, except their bottom line.

I saw one guy who was at my local TRU store buying up 4 of the new B-Wing exclusives. Seriously... what's he going to do with 4 of those? Certainly not collecting them. That's what he'll do after the sale is complete on Ebay. COLLECT THE MONEY.

This guy has the new Marvel Legends Hulk, Fing Fang Foom serie.They' re selling for like 25-30 each on the bay cause they're aint release in store yet.He's actually really smart.

They are in stores I bought them two weeks ago at TRU and Target.

yah i picked mine up about 2 weeks ago at tru...king hulk is wicked cool and is as almost as big as previous 'baf' figures and weighs about 14lbs (not really but he is crazy big and heavy). skar is prolly my 2nd favorite out of the wave. i thought the sdcc release was all the figures in a special box or something.

yah, that has nothing to do with star wars i know so...star wars star wars star wars.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

To me this guy seems a little naive. Out of all the exclusives at the con, Hasbros are probably one of the easiest to get afterwords since you can just order them online. He just wasted a ton of time at the con standing in line.

Excpet for the Cobra GI Joe exclusive and even the IM Mighty Muggs. Those were sold out and I don't think will be available again.

I believe that people who count on their income out of hoarding all the toys off the store shelves, selling them on ebay and claiming they are RARE VHTF and selling them for an exorbitant amount on a resale are pretty bad.

My profits usually go towards other stuff that I like but was unable to get due to other scalpers, where I'm required to pay the scalper prices for the stuff I want. If anyone saw the GG booth, all the Ex's were sold out within 15 minutes, mostly by the vendors who could get in earlier than general public.

yah i picked mine up about 2 weeks ago at tru...king hulk is wicked cool and is as almost as big as previous 'baf' figures and weighs about 14lbs (not really but he is crazy big and heavy). skar is prolly my 2nd favorite out of the wave. i thought the sdcc release was all the figures in a special box or something.

yah, that has nothing to do with star wars i know so...star wars star wars star wars.

King hulk does look awesome. And Skaar.

MARVEL/COMICS >>> sw :lol

*runs for cover and hides now*

The Mighty Muggs have got to be one of the worst licenses ever for Star Wars aside from the customs chopper cycles with characters riding on them.

Though I have to get Admiral Ackbar for my small Ackbar collection.

I'm not sure but would a significant amount of time with the collectible before selling the piece null the dreaded "flipper" label?

If I had purchased the original SS/Weta Balrog statue at the original price ($300) I would have sold it long ago for the market rate ($2500 at one time). Call me a flipper but that's one statue that would have helped finance a TON of others for my collection.

I'll be the first to admit that I've sold a couple of pieces for more than I paid for them but this was due to either change in collection lines and/or "The Godfather Effect" (They made me an offer I couldn't refuse...) ;)

Has there really been hate posted in this thread? Really? Like, "I hate scalpers so bad, I'm going to beat one to a pulp" kind of hate? I must have missed those posts.

I feel sorry for you if you consider the vindictiveness of some of the posts in this thread civil. Where I come from, people are respectful of each other's views and don't make personal attacks or call others names simply because their opinion differs. I don't think I'll ever get that used to the changing times. I have found the younger generation has become increasingly combative and less caring of the feelings of others. Maybe that's why they call it the 'Me' generation. A sad sign of the times.

I don't really feel there's a need to try to draw lines or determine whether people on the edge are or aren't flippers.

There's enough people getting in orders for stuff that don't even have a consideration of wanting it for their own collection for me to say it creates a disservice to the community as a whole.

I feel sorry for you if you consider the vindictiveness of some of the posts in this thread civil. Where I come from, people are respectful of each other's views and don't make personal attacks or call others names simply because their opinion differs. I don't think I'll ever get that used to the changing times. I have found the younger generation has become increasingly combative and less caring of the feelings of others. Maybe that's why they call it the 'Me' generation. A sad sign of the times.

Again, you're just refrencing the thread in general as being disrespectful and I don't see it. Maybe you can quote the personal attacks?

If you mean the fact that this conversation is happening at all is "vindictive" then I think you're wrong. Being respectful of people's right to choose doesn't mean you can never talk about the choices. Its how you talk about it and personally, I haven't read mean spiritedness.

Edit: rereading the thread there are a few goofballish bickering between a few members but nothing that is really related to the overall conversation of flipping/scalping.

Back