Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought party scene - allergy - car - aftermath in silence was one of the best, most harrowing pieces of film making I've ever seen.

This is one movie I highly regret not seeing on release with an audience.

There was probably 12-15 people in mine.

Heard gasps during "I never wanted to be your mother" part.

I could hear some girls a few rows in front cry "OMG she's on the wall, she's on the wall" during you know what scene.

Loud cries heard when the naked people show out of nowhere just before the window jump.

Some laughs during the floating headless body.

And yet all this pales in comparison to how audiences reacted to The Exorcist when it first aired. People fainted, threw up, got laid the **** out on stretchers and everything.

Saying that, though I don't think this is as good, it might be this generation's Exorcist just for pure shock value. There are clear Wicker man and Rosemary's baby vibes about it too.

i thought party scene - allergy - car - aftermath in silence was one of the best, most harrowing pieces of film making I've ever seen.

Absolutely!

There were harrowing parts not even related to horror elements!

This movie made anaphylaxis and maternal ptsd just as traumatic an experience as demonic possession think about that for a second!

That’s freaking brilliant filmmaking.

I bet TLJ is still more horrific for you though lol

There was probably 12-15 people in mine.

Heard gasps during "I never wanted to be your mother" part.

I could hear some girls a few rows in front cry "OMG she's on the wall, she's on the wall" during you know what scene.

Loud cries heard when the naked people show out of nowhere just before the window jump.

Some laughs during the floating headless body.

And yet all this pales in comparison to how audiences reacted to The Exorcist when it first aired. People fainted, threw up, got laid the **** out on stretchers and everything.

Saying that, though I don't think this is as good, it might be this generation's Exorcist just for pure shock value. There are clear Wicker man and Rosemary's baby vibes about it too.

Damn that crowd reaction is what I wanted to experience. :gah:

You lucky sob lol

Ok here’s the thing regarding the Exorcist.

Exorcist remains my # 1 horror movie nothing captures demonic possession quite like that. So many now iconic moments in that movie. All who try to copy have failed. This is why i’m happy that Hereditary didn’t try to copy and instead forged its own path (family drama trauma) mixed with traditional tension derived from dark and silence.

The Exorcist was ahead of its time and the balls it had to show a young girl doing and saying those things on film can’t be overstated enough.

A little virgin girl stabbing her privates with a crucifix and shoving her own mothers head into it and saying those things HAS NEVER and WILL NEVER be topped in cinema.

The movie horrifically scared me as a kid.

But Exorcist doesn’t scare me as an adult, Hereditary DID!

I respect the timeless ferocity of what the Exorcist accomplished during that era

But the dark silence in Hereditary was freaking nightmare fuel without the need of showing a demon.

If I was McFarlane I would steal from Hereditary for Spawn lol

Last edited:
MEGH TO THIS Boring predictable film. Sorry but hardcore horror fans see this plot twist mile's away rate this a big duece. YOU WANT to watch a good horror watch DEBRA LOGAN film.

MEGH TO THIS Boring predictable film. Sorry but hardcore horror fans see this plot twist mile's away rate this a big duece. YOU WANT to watch a good horror watch DEBRA LOGAN film.

Nah, too easy to dismiss this. I actually could take or leave the higher concept part of Hereditary. Floating bodies, demon cult yada yada.
But the actual film making - especially in a few non supernatural scenes is about as good as it gets IMO. Maybe it's being a parent - I don't know it was all the nightmare things that go through your head when you hit a certain age or are worried about the future of your kids. Terrifying stuff.

Absolutely!

There were harrowing parts not even related to horror elements!

This movie made anaphylaxis and maternal ptsd just as traumatic an experience as demonic possession think about that for a second!

That’s freaking brilliant filmmaking.

I bet TLJ is still more horrific for you though lol

I would love to wake up - match in hand - pouring white spirits over Kathleen in bed with baby Rian suckling from her nips.

SORRY I Stand by my review agree to disagree all good. DEBRA LOGAN Actualy scare's you.

What a magnificent film not just a magnificent horror film but film!!

Truly worthy of the circuit reputation.

Hands down the best horror movie since ironically enough The Witch.

My favorite horror movies are of the satanic cult variety ever since the silly titled but messed up ending Race with the Devil.

The writing, directing, acting and cinematography in this makes the much more profitable IT look like it was made by amateurs.

The family drama was just as horrific as the horror elements that can’t be overstated enough.

The family interactions and individual character moments were very realistic.

The drama felt more real in this movie than from reality tv shows.

This is the Dredd, TDK and Fast Times at Ridgemont High of satanic cult movies lol.

I liked it more than The Witch and I like that movie quite a bit.

Last 20 minutes was freaking bonkers!

The only thing I would change would’ve been to make the ending even more horrific by giving the demon king a scene worthy of his reputation and status as ruler of these sacrificial meat bags by having him have **** sex with the decapitated grandmother and mother (sister obviously wouldn’t be allowed) as gratitude for their service.

Nitpicks aside it has earned a place in my top 10 horror movies of all time.

Blows away another high earner AQP although thankfully Hereditary is A24’s highest grossing movie by far so good for them well deserved albeit not even close to IT/AQP box office.

Masterpiece.

:rock :rock. Good to know you loved this. It's moved to second fav of year for me.

The movie that scared me the most I think was the exorcism of Emily rose . I don’t know why but that freaked me out

I am pretty freaking hardcore when it comes to horror. IMO this was not really a twist movie. Other then the girl who you thought was going to be the main focus got Janet leighed big time. IMO twist films rely on the twist. Not the case with this one. Can't wait to watch this one again simply because it's great.

Never heard of it lol

But you piqued my interest now. :hi5:

Oh and Hereditary is excellent shame on you lol

:rock :rock. Good to know you loved this. It's moved to second fav of year for me.

For me my 3 fav so far are:

IW
Solo
Hereditary

Haven’t seen it. But I will check it out now.

Same.

No film ever got me as bad as The Exorcist. Mario Bava's Black Sabath came close when I was 6 years old with the old lady ghost story.

I still haven’t seen Bava’s BS but i’ve been planning to see it eventually.

A few other horror's worth a go. fyi

INTRUDERS. Rory Culkin.

The boy.

Deliver us from Evil.

A FAVORITE Anyway sorry back to Heredity movie.

F HEREDITY,WATCH INCIDENT IN GHOSTLAND SKIP PREVIEWS ONLY BRAVE Horror fans for this one so SCARRING!!!!HA HA.....

The boy was sooooo lame. ��

Deliver us from evil was very good though!

the boy ripped off the movie called housebound
Housebound was pretty amazing. and had some good horror humor

Housebound-banner.jpg

No film ever got me as bad as The Exorcist. Mario Bava's Black Sabath came close when I was 6 years old with the old lady ghost story.

Funny thing is I saw that movie when I was young and did t get scared. It was weird

Back