Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole movie was arguably perfect. I'm not sure I would want anything changed other than a couple of lines that didn't fit perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed

There's way too much hype surrounding this film. It was creepy and visually stunning, but from the reaction it's been getting you'd think it would be up there with The Shining, Rosemary's Baby or The Exorcist. The film doesn't break new ground.

Too deep 4 u

I love the Shining but it was never scary IMO. Rosemary's Baby has always been average to me.. Only the Exorcist is both great and scary.

However out of those three films it reminded me most of The Shining and Rosemary's Baby

Film does not really break new ground.. But lets face it.. That is hard to do. What it did do was create a feeling of dread and allowed **** to hit the fan in a satisfying way.

There are a couple of things about the film that didn't work for me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Major spoilers

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmmm is this scary? Cause I’ll be honest . All these horror movies that get high praise in the last years have t scared me much. I’m no horror fan but when a scary movie gets high praise I get interested.

But babadook I thought was stupid
The first paranormal activity was meh
Veronica was ok
And the witch was just an unsettling movie. Wonder what makes this stand out. Saw a review that says it takes awhile for anything to happen

Veronica was **** IMO... Good enough for me to not turn off but bad enough to piss me off that it was not worse so I could turn it off. :Lol

Babadook doesnt count as horror. I dont know why it was called horror when it wasnt. More like a psychological thriller
Paranormal activity was just a gimmick

This is lije the witch. Same studio

Babadook was horror as much as anything.. It was grief personified... at least in the mom's head..

Hmmm I think it all depends on the viewer. Are you open minded and did you give yourself over to the film ? Let the film soak over you. That's how I view these types of movies. Like it follows, witch , babadook. They are for sure horror movies. Easily the best of the best. They are just not for everybody. If let a film like this possess you you will never forget it.

Babadook is phenomenal btw. That's just a mixture of amazing talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved this film but I don't think that is the way to put it.. Not every horror film is for everyone..

Example: I Love The Witch and this film... I thought It Follows was stupid.. It started off very good but then turned silly. Some cool moments but overall I was giggling more then anything.

Major spoilers

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, I liked the movie. However,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved this film but I don't think that is the way to put it.. Not every horror film is for everyone..

Example: I Love The Witch and this film... I thought It Follows was stupid.. It started off very good but then turned silly. Some cool moments but overall I was giggling more then anything.

Have you seen the film Beyond the Black Rainbow?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1534085/

I love that film. In my opinion, it's aesthetically peculiar, the slow burn successfully builds tension and the genre shift was genius. Say what you will about that film, but every decision the director made was intentional. However, it's also a very problematic film when you consider the director's audience. I loved it, but while watching it I knew exactly what other people were going to say about it. I feel the same way about the ending of Hereditary, only in this case I side with those who are critical because it pulled me out of the movie, subjectively.

I guess as a director, you can get away with "narrative weirdness" depending on the subjective tastes of your audience. I loved It Follows, but I can understand why other people would have problems with it.

I haven't seen Hereditary yet but a local theater is recommending it as a double feature with the new Mr. Rogers movie, lol.

35737128_10155536737596272_5357695951974694912_n.jpg

I just saw it couple days ago. Def disturbing . Afraid to sleep that night lol

What a magnificent film not just a magnificent horror film but film!!

Truly worthy of the circuit reputation.

Hands down the best horror movie since ironically enough The Witch.

My favorite horror movies are of the satanic cult variety ever since the silly titled but messed up ending Race with the Devil.

The writing, directing, acting and cinematography in this makes the much more profitable IT look like it was made by amateurs.

The family drama was just as horrific as the horror elements that can’t be overstated enough.

The family interactions and individual character moments were very realistic.

The drama felt more real in this movie than from reality tv shows.

This is the Dredd, TDK and Fast Times at Ridgemont High of satanic cult movies lol.

I liked it more than The Witch and I like that movie quite a bit.

Last 20 minutes was freaking bonkers!

The only thing I would change would’ve been to make the ending even more horrific by giving the demon king a scene worthy of his reputation and status as ruler of these sacrificial meat bags by having him have **** sex with the decapitated grandmother and mother (sister obviously wouldn’t be allowed) as gratitude for their service.

Nitpicks aside it has earned a place in my top 10 horror movies of all time.

Blows away another high earner AQP although thankfully Hereditary is A24’s highest grossing movie by far so good for them well deserved albeit not even close to IT/AQP box office.

Masterpiece.

Last edited:
See, I thought the last half was probably the weakest as it I felt it was trying way too hard and some of **** that was happening got a few laughs from the crowd as it just got so ridiculous.

Whereas the first half is excellent and overall the acting is remarkable across the board. I just... have disturbing imagery stuck on my head now and won't sleep with the lights off.

I need time to process this.

*Tock*

The hell was that!? Hold me jye.

Eww not you ironwez. You have cooties. :lol

Man that santanic king **** made me think of Berserk for a bit. All that's missing is pagan orgies, men with goat heads and cooking babies in pots. Shudder.

Yikes she has a sister lol

5C95E3B7-62C5-4EDE-8F83-AC61603F12D2.jpg

While all of the praise heaped on Milly at the press junkets are accurate everyone is playing it safe with her by not mentioning her unique facial features as a significant part of what made her so effectively creepy. I don’t think it’s a rude thing to mention since her facial features was so prominently used in the marketing which worked very well because that’s all everyone talked about was her creepy look. Her ambiguous character traits was not the only contributing factor to her creepiness.

Just say it to the actress, Milly your face creeped the crap out of me lol

If I was the actress I would own that!

Are you trying to give me nightmares jye? Stop it immediately or I'm telling. :lol

The thing is, we were all expecting it to be mainly about her, the creepy girl who does creepy things but then it does a complete 180 out of nowhere and I was shellshocked at what happened to her that early on.

Granny in the corner legit sent shivers down my spine lol.

Back