Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAWS, Hereditary shook jye up so bad he won't ever watch anything remotely creepy like that ever again. He's nothing but a big wuss. :rotfl

OT: unrelated but I recommend a new show on Netflix called The Haunting of Hill House. Completely floored at how terrifying but also how emotionally devastating it is. Six episodes in it's good at least for now.

JAWS, Hereditary shook jye up so bad he won't ever watch anything remotely creepy like that ever again. He's nothing but a big wuss. :rotfl

OT: unrelated but I recommend a new show on Netflix called The Haunting of Hill House. Completely floored at how terrifying but also how emotionally devastating it is. Six episodes in it's good at least for now.

Watching this show now. Just finished episode 7. Really enjoying it.

:lol about jye.

What the freak about Hill House.. How did I miss this?

He's not the only one! I won't buy it, nor do I plan on watching it again anytime soon. It was a very good movie, just way too disturbing for me!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So I finally caught The VVitch again for the first time since the theater and yeah after Hereditary it pretty much felt like an episode of Elmo's World, lol.

Excellent cinematography, great suspense and atmosphere. Reminded me of Kubrick and The Shining. Very unsettling, but not much to see after the ending.

Overall, a good story, with great timing and suspense.

Quite a bit to dissect and digest. Will have to read back on this forum to get a few answers I had after viewing.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I know I'm hella Late to this movie but just watched it last night and OMG! So good

My wife and I watched this the other day and both found it to be a miserable slog to sit through. Just did not find it at all unsettling or scary, and the ridiculous plot holes/contrivances alternated between extremely frustrating and just laughable. I wanted to turn it off when the mother--in actually the most unbelievable and far-fetched thing that happens in the entire film--forces the son take his anti-social little sister with him to a high school party that she already suspects will have drinking going on. It literally made no sense and felt incredibly forced. And to top it off, the movie had WAY too many cheap jump scares, which tend to make us both more annoyed than actually scared.

I have two main issues with a lot of horror movies: they often have no plot to propel the story forward, and often the rules of the supernatural are not well established or follow any sort of internal logic. This definitely failed miserably on both points. A movie that actually does these things well is It Follows, which is still my favorite horror movie of recent years and one that I find actually conveys a real atmosphere of dread and suspense.

My wife and I watched this the other day and both found it to be a miserable slog to sit through. Just did not find it at all unsettling or scary, and the ridiculous plot holes/contrivances alternated between extremely frustrating and just laughable. I wanted to turn it off when the mother--in actually the most unbelievable and far-fetched thing that happens in the entire film--forces the son take his anti-social little sister with him to a high school party that she already suspects will have drinking going on. It literally made no sense and felt incredibly forced. And to top it off, the movie had WAY too many cheap jump scares, which tend to make us both more annoyed than actually scared.

I have two main issues with a lot of horror movies: they often have no plot to propel the story forward, and often the rules of the supernatural are not well established or follow any sort of internal logic. This definitely failed miserably on both points. A movie that actually does these things well is It Follows, which is still my favorite horror movie of recent years and one that I find actually conveys a real atmosphere of dread and suspense.

We could not differ any more then we do on this film and It Follows.

The two main issue you noted for horror films are the issues that it Follows has.. IMO all it had was some atmosphere.

But it has its fans.. So there must be something to love.

I thought there was plenty of story to propel this film forward... It was a family Drams wrapped in a horror film.. or is that a horror film wrapped in a family drama. :lol

Not sure what rules it needed to establish... It was all right there.. Demons do their Demon thing. :lol

Oh well.. Lots of people hated it so there must be something to hate :lol

Its a slow burn horror film....as Khev says. Mostly a family drama , until the end. It reminded me alot of Donnie Darko that way, not in tone , but in its slow pace.

The Shining was the film that kept coming to mind while watching it. After it was all over, I liken it to the Vvitch or The Omen on steroids.

Tons to analyze and decipher also, especially who knew what and when??

It Follows was predictable to me. It was OK but no where near this film as far as art , cinematography and outstanding actor performances.

Its not a very modern style horror film. But thats what makes it so damn good.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back